A hashtag about always being kind and considerate towards others, created by the author of the amazing book we all know and love, R.J Palacio!
What is a precept?
• A precept is a motto or a catch phrase that you use when you need to make important decisions.
• Research quotes surrounding the following subjects:
Kindness,Empathy,Selfworth, Hope,Courage,Failure and success.Comment the one that spoke to you the most and why. Every opinion is praised in the #ChooseKind community,the best quote and reason will get the user featured in the studio description.
- Thanks to @MajesticMeowMeow for this amazing idea welcome to the #ChooseKind community :)
Previous Contest WINNER
• Congratulations to the winner of our kindness contest, @imaginationuniverse! Thank you to everyone who participated, you all did an amazing job listing ways to be kind everyday!
Ways to be Kind Everyday
• Open the door for someone who’s older or carrying more things than you
• Offer to help set/unset the table at dinner
• Compliment a stranger
• Help your loving family members with chores
• Help someone with homework/schoolwork
• Keep someone company when lonely
• Help someone pick things up when they've dropped something
• Ask someone how their day was
So What is Wonder?
• The book Wonder is a truly inspirational story, with a message that deserves to be celebrated.
• One of my favourite parts of the book is the precepts that their AMAZING English teacher gets them to write. Here's a few of my favourites:
. . .
• Julian Albans ~
Sometimes it’s good to start over.
. . .
• Summer Dawson ~
If you can get through middle school without hurting anyone's feelings, that's really cool beans!
. . .
• August Pullman ~
Everyone in the world should get a standing ovation at least once in their life, because we all overcometh the world.
. . .
• Mr Browne's September Precept ~
When given the choice about being right, or being kind, choose kind.
. . .
• In case you haven't noticed, Mr. Browne's precept is what built the main moral of this story, and many others; which brings us to the subject of this studio: Choosing KINDNESS.
The projects that the manager team and I would like you to add: • Precepts
• Projects promoting or giving any acts of kindness
• Wonder related projects
Please don’t ask to <3 We’re not accepting any new curators at the moment, but if we see you being active and helpful around the studio, watch out~ we might invite you!
*deleted for now* -Smiley
PLEASE DON’T ASK TO!
Our Manager team is currently very active, and I thank them all for contributing so much to the studio. Right now we’re not looking into promoting anyone, but keep watch! If you’re active, kind, and helpful you might just be promoted.
If you are promoted to manager, please don’t delete curators or promote them without my permission. I also ask all managers to create their own original precept and place it below:
• Strong people stand up for themselves but stronger people stand up for others
• however long the trek to kindness seems, it’s always worth it in the end.
• It's not about what you think or say, it's about what you do that defines you.
• Take good care of yourself, fall down and make mistakes. They will shape you into a wise person, and a wise person falls often.
. . .
• In my book, beauty is defined by being beautiful on the inside. Make it your definition too.
• Be so happy that when others look at you, they become happy too. :)
• Don't focus on the mistakes you've made, but instead focus on how you can make up for them.
• Most people aren't perfect. We make mistakes. The difference between people and perfect people, is that perfect people don't learn, because they make no mistakes.
• Every day, please look around, for some way to be kind, if you're tired of pushing forward, help someone up who fell behind. - @-BW-GamerGirl
(Managers add precept before
• Be kind & considerate in the comments
• Don’t add unrelated projects
• Add GOOD quality and informative tutorials
• Don’t advertise
• DON'T ASK TO MANAGE
Poll: Have you read the sequel to Wonder?
Out of all of Auggie's friends, who did you like best?
Wonder is told using many different points of views, which helps the reader understand the story. Which point of view did you find the most interesting? ~ Winner: Via
Did you like the book or the movie better? ~ Winner: Book
Our AMAZING Manager Team
The manager team is here to help! feel free to ask us any questions you have about this studio; we’ll answer them!