yeyyeyeyeyeyey im so excited it's almost time for OCtober!
this is the studio for OCtober and all the entries for it go here!
(inviting all my followers, sorry if you didn't want to be invited)
https://majesticbandicoot.deviantart.com/journal/my-OCtober-art-challenge-706757889 (I'm mainly hosting it on deviantart but I decided to also bring it here :>)
ok so! I am hosting this little drawing prompt thing on deviantart and figured I might as well bring it here on Scratch! (rules are going to be a bit stricter; this is a kid's site after all)
OCtober is an art challenge where you draw one (or more, depending on the prompt) of your characters every day throughout the month. As far as I'm aware it hasn't really come into Scratch yet?? so im being original or whatever
The rules are as follows:
only use your own characters expect for.. well it'l be obvious when you see one of the days. lol.
only use your own art! no expections rawr
its ok if you're a little late ;v; or early haha
you don't HAVE to do this in october!! it can be done in any month; just remove the halloween or fall related prompts!
if you don't have 31 characters i mean you can reuse any of them whenever you want
nothing that's like, you know. could get you reported ;v;
yeh there's no other rules
1. your oldest character!
2. your newest character!
3. your favorite character!
4. pick any of your characters and draw it with a friends!
5. your character with a pumpkin(ok finally we get into some fall-related stuff)
6. your least-edgy character trying to be edgy (just. have fun trying to interpret that)
7. your spookiest/scariest character
8. a fandom character (like a warriors oc or gemsona or something)
9. a villain!
10. your cutest character
11.a character that's a different species than most of yours
12. a character with powers
13. two characters who love each other
14. a kid character going trick or treating
15. a character stealing candy
16. a character as a ghost (no cheating by using one that's actually a ghost!im onto you!!)
17. a character as a vampire (no cheating by using one that's actually a vampire!im onto you!!)
18. a character you adopted/got from someone else somehow (like a DTA, or you bought them from someone, ye if you don't have any just talk to me about it we'll work something out)
19. a character you wish you drew more
20. a character you probably already draw too much… what's one more drawing of them right???
21. a character with a turtle
22. a character in your friend's style
23. redsign an old character
24. a character stuck in a spiderweb
25. your smartest character
26. your friend's favorite character of yours (im so sorry if you have no friends–just,, use me for any friend things ;v; its fine i wont be upset or anything)
27. draw your character and incorporate their theme song into it somehow! (like, putting the lyrics in the background. or something)
28. make a character specifically to be mary-sue/gary-stu!
29. siblings :333
30. a character with a witch hat
31. your sona (if you don't have one, just pick any of your characters) in your halloween costume!
(mostly asked by my friend jeremy lol,, and he asks the same things a lot im getting tired of answering)
Q: I want to do this, but I don't have enough characters!
A: You can create characters for any of the prompts, or re-use some!
Q: If I edit a pre-existing character of someone else, does it could as my own?
A: No. Different circumstances are different, however, and in some cases that can count as your fan-made character. Talk to me about it first though.
Q: what the heck does number 6 even mean?
A: Honestly no idea. I imagine what I'll do is one of my “not-cool” OCs wearing sunglasses and a hoodie and idk eating dorritos or something. This prompt is just up for fun interpretation! :>
Q: WHat if you can't remember exactly who was your very first character? (for day 1)
A: Just guess! You can pick one to do for day 1 (oldest character) and another for day 23 (Redesign an old character)
Q: So is this a competition; if so what do I win?
A: No it's not! It's just for fun! ^^ If it's successful this year, I might make it a competition next year but probaly not
Q: I'm doing another October art challenge (inktober, goretober,<don't google goretober if you don't know what it is, you'll get some really nasty images; it's basically you draw bloody pictures and characters dying> etc.)
(not really a question I know)
A: You can combine the two! Like do the prompt for this in ink, or make it super bloody <not recommended for Scratch> Or like I said before in the rules, you can do OCtober prompt in a different month
If you have any more questions, feel free to ask! I look forward to seeing your entries for OCtober
no changing picture i drew it myself *savagely dabs*
no unrelated projects
no "don't invite me to studios" just don't accept the invite!