New curators: Please read the instructions at the bottom of this description!
This studio is one place the Scratch Team looks to find projects to feature. After you read the guidelines below, you can propose a project created by somebody else by leaving a comment with a link in this studio.
To propose a project...
- You must be a Scratcher (if you are a New Scratcher, wait until you become a Scratcher)
- The project must be made by someone other than you
- The project must follow the Community Guidelines
These are the kind of things we're looking for:
- simple projects
- complex projects
- projects that show an innovative use of Scratch
- projects that promote collaboration and remixing
- projects by people who haven’t been on the front page a lot already
- projects that show the diversity in our community (gender, age, culture, country, interests, language, etc)
- projects that different kinds of people would find enjoyable
projects that inspire
Please note that proposing a project does not mean we will feature it-- we are only looking for suggestions. We use lots of methods to find projects to feature, so we often feature stuff that wasn't suggested!
PS: if you want to recommend a studio to feature, you can do so here: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/277336/
Instructions for curators: When someone proposes a project, check that the proposer is a Scratcher, they are not the user who made the project, and the project doesn’t obviously break the community guidelines. No need to investigate whether the user has been on the front page or if it’s an alt account anymore, as the Scratch Team has tools that let us do this easily. If you happen to know that the creator is often on the front page, you can choose not to add the project, but no need to stress about that. (Don't worry about whether *you* think the project should be featured or not. Always add it if it follows the submission guidelines.) When you add a project make sure to comment "Added!" or something like that on the thread :)
Note that there is no longer any requirement for number of loves. If a project has so many loves that you can assume it has already been on the front page, you can choose not to add it.
If you have any questions, you can ask @scmb1
We are not looking for more curators right now!