An upcoming project I'm deciding to collab on. Who would like to help me?
PREREQUISITE FOR JOINING:
The only real requirement I'm putting forth is that you must have sufficient experience with 3D (like real pen-rendered 3D, not costume-layered 3D) projects. The reason for this is the complicated scripts needed require experienced coders. I will allow for exceptions if need be, but for now DO NOT SIMPLY ASK TO JOIN.
Earth, a planet once inhabited by humans, has long been abandoned. The problems of pollution, war, and severe neglect of resources have forced humans to seek a homeworld beyond. Clans were formed, each bound to dispute over newly discovered planets. You are Clan Cosmos, the underdog band of comrades with little experience in space exploration; as you progress by winning battles and capturing homelands, your clan grows in numbers and in power. But will you temper your powers for justice, or for tyranny? The fate of the unknown rests in you.
- Fully explorable 3D space with stars, planets, nebulas, asteroids, and black holes
- Physics, both real and imaginary; using real physics for gravitational fields/speed of light and imaginary physics for warp drive and shields
- Clan battles; when you engage other clans (NPCs), you can attack them and gain resources, bribe them to join you, or avoid contact and risk taking damage
- Money; you use money to bribe enemies, hire crew, repair your ship, and purchase planets.
- Resource Collection; you can pick up resources from exploring planets, harvesting dead stars and nebulas, and destroying enemy clan ships. Resources are a must for upgrading your ship. You can also choose to sell resources for profit. (SEE APPENDIX FOR ALL RESOURCES IN GAME)
- Leveling Up; as you battle enemies and take over homeworlds, you gain experience which can level you up. Higher levels unlock upgrades, and tougher enemies.
- Upgrades; you start out with basic weapons, armor, shields, engines, and warp drive. As you progress, more upgrades become available, which can greatly aid in combat. Some upgrades require rare materials to purchase. (SEE APPENDIX FOR ALL UPGRADES IN GAME)
- Events; when homelands are destroyed, or suns explode, events will appear in your news feed. Other events, such as using a super weapon, will trigger cutscenes.
-Cutscenes; when certain events trigger, such as an exploding nearby star, the camera will direct its attention cinematic-style. Being considered.
- Music; need something space-y, something battle-y, and something awesome-y.
(SEE APPENDIX FOR CANDIDATE SONGS)
- Tritonum; value of 250; found on planets; upgrade engines
- Uranium; value of 1250; rare to find; special upgrades
- Quartium; value of 650; found in dead stars; upgrade shields
- Dark Matter; value of 2500; found in nebulas and exploded stars; upgrade warp drive
- Solar power; emitted from stars; recharge energy
- Iron; value of 100; found on asteroids and planets; upgrade hull armor
- Carbon; value of 200; found on planets; upgrade hull armor
- Superion; value of 400; rare to find; upgrade lasers
(to be typed)
"Sunshine" // John Murphy
"Phosphor" // Feint
"To The Sun" // Hot Date! & Chrisson
"Aural Psynapse" // deadmau5 (Mr. FijiWiji Remix)
"Doppelganger" // Haywyre
"Halo" // Eminence