Welcome to Bullying Stops Here! In this studio, I will give you tips on how to handle situations where there is a bully involved, whether it is you or a friend getting bullied. Scroll down to get tips on how to handle bullying situations!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ EVERY school, neighborhood, or community, no matter where in the world you live, there will always be that one person that tries to push everyone else around and bully them. In my dance class at the Nutmeg, (11|15|16), a girl was crying because she was being bullied in school. Being the nice person I am, I encouraged her to ignore the bully and he/she would soon lose interest.
When I was younger I was bullied as well. It leaves a scar on your conscious that will never go away, no matter what you do. Bullying is a serious problem in this world, whether it's children or adults doing it. People have killed themselves because of bullies. I think that everyone wants to see this stopped, cyber and physical, or even if the bullying is subtle.
Ways to Get
Bullies to Stop Bullying You:
1. Ignore them, eventually they will lose interest.
2. Tell a trusted adult or some trusted friends, they can step in and help.
3. Avoid them.
4. Tell them to stop bothering you, some do after you ask them to.
5. Never seek out a violent solution, unless they strike out first, even then, try to run first. Never swing a punch unless absolutely needed. I can't say how much this should be emphasized.
Types of Bullies:
1. Some bullies don't actually want to fight you and they think they are not doing any harm to you, that's why if you ask them to stop, they just might if they are this type.
2. Many bullies just bully because they feel like if they don't they wont fit in or be rejected. Sometimes people bully because of past experiences that changed them and made them feel like they had to bully, and some are just dared to do it.
3. Some bullies are subtle. In some cases, this can be the worst kind of bullying. They try to get to you, but they never do in front of adults. They act all nice in front of others, but when you're alone, they strike.
4. Some bullies just like to show off in front of their friends and look like top dog. This is the case most of the time. Stopping this kind of bully should be fairly easy, and I'll talk about that later.
To Stop a Bully:
1. Talk to them, see what their problem with you is, if it is just a misunderstanding tell them that and explain what really happened.
2. Roast them. Comebacks, you know. Just don't insult them too bad, just enough to send them packing, but this is not the most peaceful solution.
3. This one ties in with number three on the last section. To stop a bully trying to show off, just tell them that they're not cool for bullying. Simple as that!
4. Just talk to a trusted adult, he/she can step in and tell the bully to stop.
To Make Peace with a Bully:
1. Talk to them, get to know them better, if you're comfortable with it. If not, just act like they are a normal person.
2. Avoid them- this is neutral but it keeps the peace.
3. Just leave them alone, and in turn they should do the same to you.
To Help a Friend Who is Being
Here's something you should know. This happens quite a lot, and it can be happening to your friend without you even knowing it.
1. Support them, encourage them, comfort them, just stick with them throughout the whole day, if you can.
2. Tell the bully to back off, and if they try to tell you that it's none of your business, give them a piece of your mind.
3. Tell a trusted adult. (This is always an option for all of these sections.)
4. This is not always peaceful but, amass a bunch more of your friends and when your friend is being bullied, go rescue him/her, and try to protect them.
If you are being bullied, tell a trusted adult and/or a friend, and never listen to the bully. You're perfect just the way you are!
I came up with the solutions all by myself from experience. I hope it helps you! Have a good day/night!
If you ever need tips on how to help some one who is being bullied, post your question in the comments! A curator or manager will help you out!
- Don't be mean to others or be inappropriate.
- Don't add irrelevant projects.