As some of you Scratchers may know, I am Japanese. I have always enjoyed reading about samurais, the Samurai Code, and fictional stories about lowly servant children becoming warriors. I always wished that I could read MORE.
And then I thought, "Why not MAKE a book like that?" But I am not ready to make a book. I need to work on a lot of stuff and research. Then, As I logged onto Scratch while thinking about my dilemma, I realized: Why not let Scratchers roleplay about this stuff? I myself enjoy imagining stories. So here it is. A whole studio to RP about a Samurai Academy.
*Just so you know: Girls can be Samurais too! Training is not just for boys! Also, samurai can come from anywhere in the world. But to keep it realistic Europeans may be shunned as gaijin (foreigners). That's just how it was. If you prefer not please tell the people whom you RP with*
To make your character, all you need are these descriptions:
Name, Age, Gender, Position (You can pick a Sensei (teacher) or a student), Friends (if any), preferred weapon (whether it be a katana or otherwise), special skills, and any other stuff you would like to share.
} @MistyRain is my "Second-in-command". Come to her or me with any problems or suggestions!
1. Keep it kid-friendly: There can be violence, but don't go into too much detail.
2. No romance: I understand some people enjoy romance, but I aim to do the best I can to keep this kid-friendly. There can be guys that are friends with girls and vice-versa, but that's about it.
4. No occult. That basically means no magical powers, spirits, or gods. When using meditation, I would like it to be used in terms of clearing one's mind to concentrate on one thought (Please).
5. Remember these kids are training to be samurais. Do the best you can to keep it realistic. (I will be posting projects with the Samurai Code and other things for reference soon).
6. If anyone is bothering you, feel free to comment on my profile ( @shinegirl4Him) or ( @-MistyRain-) about it. I will investigate as soon as I see your comment. If there are ever arguments, please try to resolve it peacefully.
7. (Last one, I promise) Have a lot of fun! As said above, I may make these roleplays into a book (I will ask before including any).
For reference, here are a brief overview of everyone who has signed up. I will add any new characters as I see them...
SENSEI KITSUNE; Male; (unknown to students he is 33); Has been in the academy since he was a boy; Maintains respectful acquaintanceships with fellow Sensei and tries to connect with each of his students; Bow and arrow (He teaches Kyujutsu, the art of the arrow); A strict teacher who controls class, he is not unfair, and keeps note of the happenings in his class.; He is very understanding and rational, so students go to him when they have a problem.
HIKARU/Girl/13 years old/ New to Academy but is friends with Jinsoku/Likes to use a bokken (wooden sword) but wants to pursue kyujutsu, the art of the bow and arrow/ Kind, shy, sneaky (like a spy) curious, determined, kind.
JINSOKU/Girl/14 years old/Student/No friends except Hikaru/Swift (Fast), shy. quiet, kind, compassionate.
HARUHI/Girl/14 years old/No friends yet/ Interested in learning to use a bokken or katana (sword)/ Very fast. ( @shinegirl4Him)
EMIKO/Girl/14/No friends yet/Kaiken (dagger-like weapon)/ Affectionate, passionate, romantic but not flirty, curious, reckless/She is a fast and creative thinker and is very sneaky, which helps her hide and dodge quickly/Is Filipino. ( @YayaCutie)
SANAKI SORU/ male/ 16/ Student/ No friends yet/ Likes using a staff or possibly a club/ Secretly artistic and poetic. ( @anshbrit)
SILENT SHADOW (her alias)/female/ Doesn't have many friends/ Keeps a silver katana with her/ Stealth, swordplay, and camouflage. ( @Jordan_Draws)
TAKESHI/ Male/ No friends yet/ Keeps 2 Katanas: A long katana and a short one./ Has skilled techniques in fighting, Highly focused, Agile, intelligent, very strong/ Kind, Sneaky, Impulsive, and sometimes Angry.