• the world was insane. the only problem was the world wasn't right.
• time was always a problem. he could never find ways to be faster than it.
• he felt trapped in his own mind. thoughts wrapped around his head like ghosts, making him see blurry. the only place he felt safe was when he was asleep, but the ghosts found him in there and all the safe spaces were gone.
• catbots were created to serve their master. each one worked tirelessly to please, brainwashed by their own minds. they were never a stable breed, being a rushed project. it made them cheaper to buy.
• the inspectors worked on a principle; if it looks okay, it was okay. how it felt was a figment of its imagination.
• they once were free-willed beings, but the medication they were forced to take sterilized their remaining sanity.
• the pyschic catbot with wings was specially ordered by the master itself. she was given a thorough inspection while being created, but no amount of inspecting would clear her of her free will.
• being an ornamental model, her features revolving more around aesthetics than viability. one of the lesser-known traits given to her model were cleverness, so she studied incognito.
• the inspectors for her weren't perfect, being older than the current ones. she fought her way through and escaped with her ability to have feelings.
• the clock ticked louder than usual these days.
• the days became longer alone. nobody to talk to, nobody to call, just the walls and his mind. the pills became useless. it wasn't ok anymore.
• one day, he decided to stop.