Welcome to the fairy-tale hang--out centre! Here, you can bond with fellow campers, play games, write stories, and have fun!
Please note that none of these activities except the In-Cabin Daily and In-Cabin Weekly give you points or wishes. They do count for words though!
Rewrite a classic fairy-tale with a twist. :) Have fun and work on your comp entries if you haven't already finished! Feel free to share and critique others :D
Pick a scene(If you're confused about what scene to pick, go to the 36th page of your nearest book and use that scene), and make a list of 6 emotions. Write the scene you picked with different emotions every time, 6 times, one for every scene. Make sure every scene is at least 200 words. Be sure to share it in a forum or project for proof.
• challenge each other to word wars, where you basically choose a certain number of minutes, and write for that long, and whoever has the most words written wins!
• roleplay with your characters to develop them
• do 10 word stories- where you comment a 10 word sentence, then someone else adds on 10 words, and you take turns adding 10 words!
• share fun word crawls, writing activities, etc for others to do
• play games such as song lyric mash-up, writing dares, letter
disappearance, 20 questions, charades, and two truths and a lie
• just chat!
• Share your writing to get feedback :)
***all of these except for chatting count for your word goal!***
[ explanations ]
• roleplaying: you take your character, and with someone else, you act out a scene with your character
• word crawls: a series of word sprints and stuff to get a lot of words!
• song lyric mash-up: take a song lyric (100% appropriate) and turn it into a writing theme! example: "i love it when you call me senorita" mash-up: "i love it when you write me a poem" see if you can make a whole song with someone else!
• dares: give each other dares, both writing and otherwise
• letter disappearance: choose a letter to take out of the alphabet. in the story, you can't use any words with that letter in it. take turns writing sentences with someone else. whoever says a word with that letter in it loses!
• 20 questions: think of a mystery thing, and give someone else 20 chances to ask yes/no questions and try and guess it! if they guess it within 20 questions, they win! if they don't, you win!
• charades: describe a mystery item very well, and the first person to guess it wins!
• two truths and a lie: give three facts about your character- except one of them is a lie. the first person to guess the lie wins!
[ rules ]
• has to be 100% appropriate, no excuses
• anything except chatting counts for your word count!
• please don't post anything offensive
• if you have any ideas, please suggest!
Inspired by March 2020 real-fi cabin: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/25876575/comments/