Juneteenth celebrates the day when the last enslaved Americans were notified that they were free. Although this date signifies an important moment in US history towards racial equity, the work of racial justice remains across our country and the world.
Create a project in this studio to honor the significance of Juneteenth in history and the continued work to advance justice for Black people in America and around the world to this day.
Here are some ideas:
* Animate the name of an activist who has worked towards justice for Black Americans
* Create an interactive story about the history of Juneteenth
* Make an animation about an important moment in the fight for racial justice
* Write a poem about how you can create a more just and equitable community
Want to learn more? Here are a few resources to learn more about Juneteenth:
* What is Juneteenth, How is it Celebrated, and Why Does it Matter?https://www.teenvogue.com/story/juneteenth-celebration-meaning-explainer
* PBS Kids Video - Juneteenth Holiday
* Juneteenth for Mazie - A picture book