【 coffee cabin 】
『 leaders 』
『 campers 』
✎ GENERAL RULES ✎
- Don’t copy! Since this is a writing camp, we need all work to be original work. Please don’t copy off other campers or the internet!
- Give helpful, not hurtful feedback. If you find something like a spelling or grammar mistake in another camper’s work, kindly point it out. Make sure you aren’t being mean!
- Have fun! This is super important. The whole point of the camp is for everyone to learn and have fun!
✎ ✎ ACTIVITY 1 ✎ ✎
- Write a short paragraph or a few sentences based on the story starter.
- The goal is to be as descriptive as possible using things like imagery and similes.
— MORE INFO —
- Prompt/Story Starter/Theme: I walked along the wet sand, ocean water spraying in my face.
— Example: I walked along the wet sand, ocean water spraying in my face. I brushed droplets of water off my cheeks as the wind blew my caramel-brown hair In my face. Sand flew behind me as I jogged along the shoreline. I breathed in the fresh, salty air, staring out into the vast, open ocean, the waters like turquoise gems.
— Points System —
- Each cabin will get 5 points for each person who completes activity one. (MAXIMUM AMOUNT OF POINTS: 20 MINIMUM: 0)
- The leaders will then read over each paragraph/sentences, and pick out the best one from the cabin.
- Once the two leaders from each cabin have agreed on an entry, all the leaders will read through the winning entries of each cabin. Then, we will pick one entry as the final winning entry.
- The winning entry will earn 30 points for their cabin.
✎ main 'notebook'
✎ OFFICIAL CAMP START DATES: July 7 and July 8!