Welcome to the SDS - Scratch Detective Society!
NEWS is near the top, pls check this regularly.
CURATORS, REPORTERS etc. -
Instructions and rules are further down - these are necessary to read.
If you are still CONFUSED after reading this, pls read comments near bottom.
Detective of the Week:
For being determined and helpful
15/2/20 - Sorry if I have been inactive lately due to a busy school life. I am also focusing more on making a project which should be out soon.
-We solve mysteries, (REAL ones)
-Test drills happen once a month, there will be a notification in news and a project will appear stating it is a drill
-Further training may also pop up sometimes
-If you would like to lead a test drill, please say so in comments before making your project, and don't forget to have a logically correct solution
-Open 24/7, you are welcome to investigate
-Comments and projects required
-Collabs and collab accounts can be made, but are not completely necessary
Highly respected - We'll see, we need some evidence that you should be yet
See curators tab
If you know about a mystery (a real one) or problem on scratch that needs solving, please do take part, tell one of us and make a project, giving details, for this studio.
EXAMPLE mysteries (these do NOT need to be solved)
1. Someone has disrupted their friend group's collab and stolen the collab account purposely by changing the password - we need to find out who it is.
2. Person 1 is accusing person 2 for posting a nasty comment, but apparently forgot to report it or take a screenshot before person 2 deleted it again - we need to figure out who is guilty.
3. Person 1 is keeps using different anonymous accounts to be nasty to others. Whenever an account gets banned, this person starts up another one on a seperate account - we need to stop them.
REAL mysteries (these DO need to be solved)
1. TEST mystery, _, 0% complete
2. Who trolled fluffykittys102's egg studios, _, 5% complete
3. Cyberbullying case
4. The case of the stolen art, _, 0% complete
Any others? See casebook
Crime witnesses and reporters--
Pls immediately report all crimes and mysteries to us, giving ALL possible EVIDENCE and information, such as screenshots, usernames, people involved, etc. in a PROJECT.
If you are not a curator, just post your case in a comment and we will invite you.
Witnessing a crime:
1. Take screenshots. Most important thing.
2. Make sure there is someone to witness or support your theory.
3. If there is a report button and it would be appropriate, use it.
4. If not, tell us immediately, then also tell a member of the scratch team, preferably one of the less popular ones, as I doubt Za-chary will see your comment...
5. Do not hide important info, however embarrassing, scary, threatening it may feel. If you tell the truth, you are a lot less likely to get into trouble and the case will be solved a lot more quickly.
Just ask in comments and include the codeword 'mystery' to show you have read and accepted the ground rules.
If you find yourself curator, here are some ground rules for curating in the SDS -
-Do not add projects that are not to do with real mysteries or test runs to this studio unless by mistake - I will remove them.
-Do not post nasty comments or projects making assumptions without clear evidence
-We must work together in this - do not take control of a mystery, as others may have important clues or info.
-Be kind and friendly to all other curators, witnesses and even suspects.
-Accept that if you get deleted from this studio, it is for a good reason.
However, if you suspect I made a mistake, please do say.
Please realise that by accepting the invitation you are automatically agreeing to these rules, and that I have all rights to remove you if you break these.
To become a permanent manager, you must have good knowledge of detective skills, have taken part in or solved at least 3 mysteries and you must have asked in comments, including the code-word stated in the 'wanna-be curators' section.
If you want to be a temporary manager, eg. to invite followers, please comment with your intentions and the codeword. You will have up to an hour as a manager unless excused.
If you end up as manager, please do not change the description or the thumbnail unless you have permission and think it would be a good idea. Do not remove people for no good reason, as you will be removed too.