Welcome to the brilliant kingdom of Serpentspire, a land of magic and great prosperity.
Or at least, that's what the kingdom's rulers claim.
Serpentspire lies in a land separate from our own, only accessible through windows and mirrors; though I'd assume your reflection has never bothered to pull you through.
Due to this world's unique magical properties, no human has ever aged over about twenty-five.
Which becomes a glaring problem when taking into consideration the limited resources this land has to offer.
To combat the threat of overpopulation and starvation; the kingdom's rulers have long ago devised a simple solution:
Every seven days, a fresh name is plucked from a hat and determines the owner of that name's fate; whether that be to drown, hang, be beheaded- or something more unique and ... "exciting".
The kingdom's high-ranking individuals are in no danger, they've taken special precautions to assure their name will show up in nobody's hat. After centuries of watching people die in "boring", regular fashion, they began creating more slow, painful, and interesting ways to get rid of those chosen innocent people. Execution has become the most popular form of entertainment in all of Serpentspire.
Children aren't usually chosen; of course, they're completely safe up until the age of twelve, although depending on the abilities they have they may be spared if chosen.
Cortex Stout is the primary ruler of Serpentspire; the owner of the centuries old name-picking top hat; which is often on top of his head.
There's really a lot to explain and I'd rather not bother putting in the effort to explain it all; though I'm sure you'll make sense of it in time.
1. No magic powers / unnatural abilities / overpowered characters please
2. Only I, Minkdragon, can accept characters into the RP
3. Don't make your own RP rules / change the plot / make important stuff up without my permission; it's my RP
4. You can murder other people's characters; as long as you're a higher-up and they're at a lower position and nobody notices their disappearance- but you need their permission and I'd rather you didn't
5. Don't make yourself in any sort of relationship with another character without the owner's permission
1. They can be any age but if they're over the age of 25 their appearance still maintains that of a young adult ( usually only the richer, higher-ranked citizens of Serpentspire live over 200 years old; if they are one of the rulers please make them no older than 600 )
2. Their eyes can be any color, but please have realistic hair and skin colors
3. Don't make their clothing super modern? I'll tell you if there's something you should change
( The inhabitants of Serpentspire enjoy wearing golden jewelry, colorful feathers and jewels
( peasants, commoners and servants wear amber, violet, and green, anybody of higher ranking wears blue, red, or gold jewels / feathers ( everybody in Serpentspire can wear gold metallic items however ) ), they also often wear boots or sandals, colorful silk ( color depends on their rank just like feathers and jewels ) ( usually the girls wear silk ), coats ( fluff-collared winter coats have become quite popular; and it's always summer in Serpentspire ), or suits ( for governors; both men and women governors often wear them ), and hats ( top hats are quite popular among the higher ranked, peasants often wear bandannas ), scarves and shawls are also popular among those in the village
4. You can't make anybody who's higher in ranking than Cortex Stout
5. Rankings ( in order from lowest ranked to highest ranked ):
- Peasants ( live in the village surrounding castle in the center of Serpentspire )
- Commoners ( live in the village but closer to the castle; less chance of their name ending up in the hat )
- Servants ( live in the castle and tend to the needs of the higher ranked; do not have their name in the hat but are executed once they make even the simplest of mistakes )
- Castle commoners ( people who live in the lower levels of the castle; regularly pay to assure their name won't be in the hat )
- Governors ( one of the most high-ranking individuals; live in the upper levels of the castle, usually don't bother having a family, never have their name in the hat )
- Prime minister ( top governor; Cortex Stout and only Cortex Stout, lives in the spire at the top of Serpentspire's brilliant castle )
Name // gender // age // rank // personality // appearance // usual clothing // mom // dad //
sibling(s) // backstory(?) // sexuality // crush / boyfriend / girlfriend / spouse // children(?) // pet(s)(?) // owned items of personal importance // other info