»»—- stop plastic pollution -—««
➸ #QOTM: which plastic objects can you replace on a daily basis with more ecological ones?
next update: october 1st
»»———- about plastic -———««
➸ plastic, a real scourge
Plastic. Is. Everywhere.
From beaches in Indonesia to the remote Arctic, it is silently choking our planet. Most plastic becomes trash after a single use.
Plastic has contaminated the soil, rivers and oceans. It’s even entered our food chain.
Every year, people and animals are ingesting more plastic from food and drinking water.
➸ some numbers...
• 220 Million tonnes of plastic is produced in the world each year. A quantity of that kind is difficult for the planet to cope with.
• 6,5 Million of waste is thrown into the oceans
• 1,5 Million birds and marine mammals die as a result of ingesting plastic.
• 80% of ocean plastic originates on land. It reaches the ocean through rivers and canals.
• Only 9% of plastics are recycled globally.
• It will take hundreds of years for a plastic bottle to decompose and it turns into dangerous microplastic.
• 90% of the world's seabirds have fragments of plastic in their stomach.
It's time. To change.
The future is being decided today.
»»——- how you can help -——««
➸ in real life
• Raise awareness among those around you.
• No more using plastic bags. Replace them with reusable and environmentally friendly bags.
• Refuses plastic straws.
• The garbage can is designed for you to throw away your garbage. Do not confuse it with the environment.
• Give up chewing gum.
• Replaces plastic packaging with cardboard packaging.
• Buy your food in bulk.
• Reuse jars and glass containers.
• Uses reusable bottles.
• Use matches instead of a lighter.
• Buy solid soap.
➸ on Scratch
• spreads the hashtag #StopPlasticPollution
• creates a project to raise awareness of plastic pollution in the environment (for example: an animation, a novel...)
• follow / curate the studio so more people can know about it
»»————- n o t e s -————««
we add all projects whose theme is related to the studio! :-)
➸ curating & managing
c: just ask in the comments. if you are a curator, kindly answer the comments and check the projects before adding them to the studio!
m: we promote who are active and helpful curators for a long time.
»»———- c r e d i t s -———««