Happy Pride Month, guys, gals, and nonbinary pals! (and everyone else) *Thomas Sanders reference*
Let's celebrate with this studio and some awesome LGBTQIAP+ projects to show our support! LGBTQIAP+ is another way to say LGBTQIAP+. *Note that there are a lot more
June is LGBTQIAP+ Pride Month!
SAGA stands for Sexual and Gender Acceptance. It's to show that even after Pride Month, we'll stand with the LGBTQIAP+ community.
◘ What is LGBTQIAP+? ◘
• Pansexual / Panromantic / Pangender / Polysexual / Polyromantic
• + there are MANY more!
◘ Did you know? ◘
• A quarter (24%) of patient-facing staff have heard colleagues make negative remarks about lesbian, gay or bi people.
• Same-sex partners receive no survivor Social Security benefits
• Same-sex couples have about 1,100 fewer rights than heterosexual couples
◘ Let's Change This! ◘
• Go to a local rally or Pride Parade!
• Make a project for LGBT Pride Month!
• Share your LGBTQIAP+ story!
• Add the LGBTQIAP+ colors to your logo!
•Respect everyone around you!
◘ Managers/curators ◘
• A few people will be selected to become managers
• To become a curator, make an LGBTQIAP+ project, share your story, add the LGBTQIAP+ colors to your logo, or just support the community in general!!!
◘A Note From @pandasrule4ever◘
This studio is for LGBTQ+ people and allies to talk about being LGBTQ+ or caring about the LGBTQ+ community. It is NOT a debate studio, therefore trolls and homophobes will not be welcomed nor tolerated. Any rude comment will either be reported or responded to in all caps because, remember, we're almost constantly on edge about people insulting us in real life, and on the internet, sadly, we're much quicker to shoot someone down (not literally) after saying something rude. So, I guess, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all, and if you DO say something rude, you can't blame us for retaliating.
Please don't make homophobic jokes here such as "I sexually identify as an attack helicopter," because these are annoying and offensive.