Hey everyone! Welcome to the NEW Elements Cafe Managing studio!
Please note only managers can hold an interview session. To request to have an interview, simply fill out the form below. Then, a manager will reply to your comment and begin the interview. Only one question will be asked at a time. But first, READ THE ENTIRE DESCRIPTION.
Also, you have to have been in the Elements Cafe for at least TWO weeks to be able to apply for manager.
~ Interview Questions ~
1. Fill out the form. (Form: username || nickname on scratch || how long you've been in the Elements Cafe || link to a piece of art you made for the Elements Cafe || activity level in the Elements Cafe on a scale from 1-10)
2. Tell us a bit about what you do in the Elements Cafe.
3. Why do you want to be a manager?
4. How could you improve the Elements Cafe as a manager?
5. Has your art improved since you joined the Elements Cafe? If so, how?
6. Why do you think we should choose you as a manager?
~ What Managers Look For ~
Most applicants will be accepted as long as their interview is satisfactory. Here is what each manager should and will look for in your interview.
In Q1: You must have been in the Elements Cafe for two weeks to be able to be a manager. The art link must be to your own art (not traced, not recolored, etc.). Your activity level should be at least a 7 to be safe, but be honest about this!
In Q2: We want to know what kind of art you do in the Elements Cafe. This is just mostly to see if you have proper grammar and spelling.
In Q3: We want to know WHY you want to be a manager. It shouldn't just be "I want to help out more." Try to delve deeper than that! It has to be at least TWO sentences long.
In Q4: We want to see what you could contribute to the Elements Cafe as a manager.
In Q5: Since you joined the Elements Cafe, we want to know if you think your art has improved, and how it has. Pretty simple question. ;)
In Q6: Why should we choose YOU as a manager? This question should at least be two sentences long.
~ If you are accepted... ~
You agree to the following terms:
1. You must not brag about being accepted.
2. You must be active, and help out as much as you can.
3. If you go on a hiatus or similar, let us know! In addition, try to finish all orders before leaving.
4. If you are disputing with someone, please do so kindly, and don't throw out random assumptions.
5. Be kind, considerate, and thoughtful when helping out around the cafe.
~ If you are not accepted... ~
Please don't take it too personally! Your interviewer will tell you why you shouldn't be a manager right now.
If you would still like to be a manager of the Elements Cafe, you must wait two weeks before reapplying, and use the tips that your past interviewer gave you!
Please note that if rude or offensive behavior can result in you getting kicked out.
~ MANAGERS READ THIS ~
When someone comments asking for an interview, try to respond right away if you are online.
Only ONE manager can do the interview, not multiple to avoid confusion.
Ask one question at a time, and ask them all in order. You don't have to comment on their answers if you don't want to.
Once they're finished, decide whether you think they are a good fit for an Elements Cafe manager.
If you decide to accept, ask another manager to look over the interview for their opinion as well. Then, invite them to the studio.
Rejection should only happen if:
- They have not been in the Elements Cafe for two weeks.
- There is a clear warning sign based on their answers
- They don't know the difference between your and you're, and there, their, and they're.
If managers are being inactive, conduct activity checks regularly (every two weeks or every month), and be strict about the deadline!