Mars Lander - Lab
In fact the problems concerns the landing phase for “Mars Lander”, the landing ship which contains the Opportunity rover. Mars Lander is guided by a program, and right now the failure rate for landing on the NASA simulator is unacceptable.
Built as a game, the simulator puts Mars Lander on a limited zone of Mars sky. The zone is 138m wide, the center of his position is at position "LanderX" (LanderX=0) . The ship can get into the zone at a variable location but may not crash on the mountains.
Your mission is to write a new artificial intelligence program that will enable Mars Lander to land safely on Mars without crashing. The program will have to go through a series of increasingly complex simulator tests.
- You should add your code inside the lander forever loop.
- To drive the lander you should broadcast "left", "right" or "up" messages.
For a landing to be successful, the ship must:
- land inside the flat ground ( x = +/- 0 = +/- LanderX)
- vertical speed (ymotion) must be limited ( ≤ 1 m/s).
- horizontal speed (xmotion) must be limited ( ≤ 1 m/s).
This game is meant as a coding exercise for kids/students to learn programming.
It was build based on the original game Mars Lander-2