“But man is a part of nature, and his war against nature is inevitably a war against himself.” -Rachel Carson
- - -
We've damaged our planet. This is the unavoidable truth. We know that pollution and deforestation happened by the hands of humans. But that means we are the only saviors our Earth has– we are the only chance of preserving the environment and its wonders. So why not start now? What will you do for the earth?
How to help out: (feel free to comment more ideas below and I'll include them over here!)
- fundraise and donate money to environmental charities
- encourage reusing/reducing/recycling and composting
- change your daily habits (taking shorter showers, fix leaks, use natural light until it's nighttime, etc.)
- consume less meat (one pound of beef uses 1847 gallons of water!)
- bring your own reusable bags to the grocery store + use reusable water bottles instead of one-use plastic ones
- walk or run or ride a bike or scooter or skateboard or whatever other mode of gas-free transportation you can think of (this will help reduce air pollution as well as get you exercise!)
- spread the word!
- - -
music by Sleeping At Last
art (done on Firealpaca) and words by yours truly :')
font is 'Nixie One' (google font)
(Earth Day was on April 22nd, and that's what this project is in honor of.)
edit: AaHHHhh featured May 3rd, thanks so much for all of your kindness and support! <3 A huge thank you to @storminq for suggesting this project for the feature.
edit: I will be deleting irrelevant comments or comments I think could offend others/cause pointless arguments.