1) IMPORTANT: Hold shift down while clicking the green flag to turn on turbo mode. Otherwise, playback will be very uneven.
2) THEN, hit green flag (alone) to begin.
3) You can then hit "P" and the music will begin playing. Now the fun begins!
4) First of all, because Bach is fun, this fugue particularly so.
5) Use the SPACE BAR to Play/Pause music.
6) Adjust the tempo by using the Up/Down Arrows on your keyboard.
(Press "T" to choose a specific tempo)
6a) Press and hold "R" for a temporary ritard or "F" to speed ahead temporarily.
7) To jump to a specific measure, press "M" and then enter a number from 1-35.
8) To choose different instruments, press "I." You'll have the opportunity to choose a single instrument for all three voice parts OR to set each part individually.
9) To transpose, press "K" (for key) and you'll again have the opportunity to transpose all parts or to transpose each voice individually.
10) If that's not exciting enough for you, press "D" and the music will change key randomly every beat. Press "D" again to fix.
11) If that's not exciting enough for you, press "Y" and the music will change pitch microtonally every beat. Press "Y" again to fix.
12) You can also re-set all parts to the original key by pressing "Z."
13) To view the score instead of the popcorn, press "S." You can toggle back to the popcorn by hitting "S" again.
Popcorn-based animation of J.S. Bach's Fugue in C-sharp Major, BWV 872.