Discuss Scratch

CAA14
Scratcher
500+ posts

Police for scratch (Bad words, art and sound theft, ect...)

Firedrake969 wrote:

Unless you have it under a different license, like on Scratch.

SOURCES:
http://scratch.mit.edu/help/faq/#remix
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/
Oh, so Scratch actually puts all your projects under a certain license? That stinks… Now more than ever i want to move away from scratch.

Thanks, i didn't know that about scratch.

Last edited by CAA14 (Sept. 9, 2013 15:31:27)

Engine Center! Check it out! 6 Engine's to jump start your project! - Jumper! Collect Gold in style! - Birds the arcade game! - Mind blowing math challenge!
Firedrake969
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Oh, you thought it was copyrighted? Yea…. It's a community friendly site, unlike some others, so people can build upon others' work. If you don't share your project to Scratch, you can “copyright” it, but sharing it to Scratch nullifies all other licenses AFAIK.

Why do you want to leave? Just curious.[/offtopic]

'17 rickoid

bf97b44a7fbd33db070f6ade2b7dc549
CAA14
Scratcher
500+ posts

Firedrake969 wrote:

Oh, you thought it was copyrighted? Yea…. It's a community friendly site, unlike some others, so people can build upon others' work. If you don't share your project to Scratch, you can “copyright” it, but sharing it to Scratch nullifies all other licenses AFAIK.

Why do you want to leave? Just curious.[/offtopic]
Ah, I see. Again, thanks, i really do appreciate that info.

And i understand learning from others, that's great, but you should have to make your stuff yourself, and not take others work as your own, or do things with it that the maker wouldn't like it to be used for.

[offtopic] Yeah, i do. Especially now, as i would like to own my stuff, lol.
I mean, I like a lot about scratch, but there's stuff i don't like too.
For right now, i am going to finish up some collabs and then release a final project.
I may use it to show art later, as i intend to practice a lot of art here soon.

Last edited by CAA14 (Sept. 9, 2013 15:50:14)

Engine Center! Check it out! 6 Engine's to jump start your project! - Jumper! Collect Gold in style! - Birds the arcade game! - Mind blowing math challenge!
Firedrake969
Scratcher
1000+ posts

You do own it.

'17 rickoid

CAA14
Scratcher
500+ posts

Firedrake969 wrote:

You do own it.
Oh…………………………..Then why can anyone do anything with it? I mean, i spend a long time making my stuff. I don't want anyone to be able to just take my hard work and make a project out of it. You see? It doesn't help them to take art. The only art I've asked to take was something hard to make, a fire sprite, that was most likely taken off a website anyway.

Now, codding i agree is good to be shared here, as it helps people learn from each other. Art can be made to be shared, but If it isn't a “Free art here” project, I don't believe it's right to take art from someone.

You see what i mean? Am i making sense, or just being confusing/confused?

Firedrake969
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Both.
It's perfectly fine as long as they give credit. Changing is important, but I'm perfectly happy as long as they don't make money off of my creation and they give credit. Art? This may sound kinda mean, depending on how you are, but deviantArt is under a different license AFAIK, so you might want to share your art there. Here, anyone can use it WITH credit. WITHOUT credit is a completely different story.

'17 rickoid

CAA14
Scratcher
500+ posts

Firedrake969 wrote:

Both.
It's perfectly fine as long as they give credit. Changing is important, but I'm perfectly happy as long as they don't make money off of my creation and they give credit. Art? This may sound kinda mean, depending on how you are, but deviantArt is under a different license AFAIK, so you might want to share your art there. Here, anyone can use it WITH credit. WITHOUT credit is a completely different story.

Yeah…. Okay. So, i am being both?

I am just saying that i think people need to give credit and permission, that's all.

Still confusing?

goldenbonnygirl8
Scratcher
1 post

I am so glad that people think the same way as me
iProductions
Scratcher
19 posts

Don't necropost. This topic is 2 years old.