Discuss Scratch

comp09
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Post a picture of your Linux!

MathWizz wrote:

QuillzToxic wrote:

MathWizz wrote:

Actually, they cannot run Linux programs.
Or can they… I believe their I'd somthin like wine…
Not natively, which is what I meant.

Yes they can. Examples: MacPorts, Brew, Fink, the 9001 Unix commands that come with OS X, X11, Cydia (iOS)…

Visit the website of Andrew Sun!

nathanprocks
Scratcher
1000+ posts

comp09 wrote:

MathWizz wrote:

QuillzToxic wrote:

MathWizz wrote:

Actually, they cannot run Linux programs.
Or can they… I believe their I'd somthin like wine…
Not natively, which is what I meant.

Yes they can. Examples: MacPorts, Brew, Fink, the 9001 Unix commands that come with OS X, X11, Cydia (iOS)…
They aren't Linux programs. They are OS X ports of Linux programs.

My browser / operating system: Macrosoft Winding XO, Internet Exploder 6.0, Angel Player ver.:1.2.5
;
MathWizz
Scratcher
100+ posts

comp09 wrote:

Those have all been compiled for both OS X and Linux. If you the grep binary, for example, off of your Linux machine and try to run it on OS X, it won't work. Same thing applies for windows. There are versions of grep that have been compiled for windows as well. Just because programs have been compiled for multiple operating system, it doesn't mean the operating systems share the same binary format.

running Chromium 42.0.2311.90 with Flash Player 15.0.0.189 on Arch Linux 3.19.5-1-ck
MathWizzJsScratch && sb.js & Amber (coming soon! maybe)
comp09
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MathWizz wrote:

comp09 wrote:

Those have all been compiled for both OS X and Linux. If you the grep binary, for example, off of your Linux machine and try to run it on OS X, it won't work. Same thing applies for windows. There are versions of grep that have been compiled for windows as well. Just because programs have been compiled for multiple operating system, it doesn't mean the operating systems share the same binary format.

Take the grep binary from Ubuntu and put it on RHEL, and there's a 99% chance that it won't work.

Mac is just a fancy distribution of *nix. Wandoze is…well, a mess to say the least.

andrewjcole
Scratcher
500+ posts

This is getting offtopic Anyway, I'll post mine once I'm off my Windows 7 laptop.

MathWizz
Scratcher
100+ posts

http://askubuntu.com/a/11396

running Chromium 42.0.2311.90 with Flash Player 15.0.0.189 on Arch Linux 3.19.5-1-ck
MathWizzJsScratch && sb.js & Amber (coming soon! maybe)
MegaApuTurkUltra
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I'm sorry I posted a pic of my android While it is actually linux, it apparently made people think they can post pics of osx and ios…

$(".box-head")[0].textContent = "committing AT crimes since $whenever"
Hydrabolt
Scratcher
100+ posts

MegaApuTurkUltra wrote:

I'm sorry I posted a pic of my android While it is actually linux, it apparently made people think they can post pics of osx and ios…

Look what you did! You tricked the n00bs. Also, your icon pack makes me

MegaApuTurkUltra
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hydrabolt wrote:

MegaApuTurkUltra wrote:

Why? The only thing that's bad about it that it doesn't cover all the apps I have (as you can see)
Other than that I like it because it's minimalistic

comp09
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MegaApuTurkUltra wrote:

Hydrabolt wrote:

MegaApuTurkUltra wrote:

Why? The only thing that's bad about it that it doesn't cover all the apps I have (as you can see)
Other than that I like it because it's minimalistic

I am aware that OS X and iOS is not exactly Linux, but I interpreted the post title as “Post a picture of your *nix.”

__init__
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MegaApuTurkUltra wrote:

ikrrrrrrrrr

go away n00bs

thisandagain pls explain
MegaApuTurkUltra
Scratcher
1000+ posts

__init__ wrote:

MegaApuTurkUltra wrote:

ikrrrrrrrrr

go away n00bs
#rekt #getnoscoooooooped #ooobabyatriple
Android is a version of linux, and I was kinda making a joke because I thought the OP wanted desktop systems only
I didn't expect people to jump all over my post and start posting random systems that aren't even linux.

Let's stick to desktop linux only, OK?

CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MegaApuTurkUltra wrote:

__init__ wrote:

MegaApuTurkUltra wrote:

ikrrrrrrrrr

go away n00bs
Android is a version of linux, and I was kinda making a joke because I thought the OP wanted desktop systems only
I didn't expect people to jump all over my post and start posting random systems that aren't even linux.

Then I can't post my Android tablet and I'm not allowed to use desktop Linux because we don't have a virtual machine and I'm not allowed to dual-boot.

bottom text
nathanprocks
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MegaApuTurkUltra wrote:

__init__ wrote:

MegaApuTurkUltra wrote:

ikrrrrrrrrr

go away n00bs

You can run Android on a desktop/laptop.

My browser / operating system: Macrosoft Winding XO, Internet Exploder 6.0, Angel Player ver.:1.2.5
;
EdenStudio
Scratcher
100+ posts

nathanprocks wrote:

MegaApuTurkUltra wrote:

__init__ wrote:

MegaApuTurkUltra wrote:

ikrrrrrrrrr

go away n00bs

Yep.
Android-x86.org

MegaApuTurkUltra
Scratcher
1000+ posts

EdenStudio wrote:

nathanprocks wrote:

MegaApuTurkUltra wrote:

__init__ wrote:

MegaApuTurkUltra wrote:

ikrrrrrrrrr

go away n00bs

Yep.
Android-x86.org
I tried that once. Sadly android x86 + virtualbox isn't enough to run Clash of Clans. However, then I found bluestacks which does run Clash of Clans Clashing on a big screen is nice but I wish I could multitouch…

QuillzToxic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MegaApuTurkUltra wrote:

EdenStudio wrote:

nathanprocks wrote:

MegaApuTurkUltra wrote:

__init__ wrote:

MegaApuTurkUltra wrote:

ikrrrrrrrrr

go away n00bs

Yep.
Android-x86.org
I tried that once. Sadly android x86 + virtualbox isn't enough to run Clash of Clans. However, then I found bluestacks which does run Clash of Clans Clashing on a big screen is nice but I wish I could multitouch…

Its time for…

The Touchscreen Displays that are so bad and so uncommon and so expensive
__init__
Scratcher
1000+ posts

nathanprocks wrote:

MegaApuTurkUltra wrote:

__init__ wrote:

MegaApuTurkUltra wrote:

ikrrrrrrrrr

go away n00bs

Who would want that though?

thisandagain pls explain
Harakou
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hey, I thought this was an images thread.

My Arch setup, with dwm and dzen2. Code shown is lighthouse by emgram769 on Github, currently trying to tweak it to my liking.

DigiTechs
Scratcher
500+ posts

You okay with shells/IDEs?

http://i.imgur.com/kjhKxia.png
(I would link that as an image but I think the forums whitelist certain sites and imgur isn't one of them… right?)

I would show my Pi or my other desktop, but those are inaccessible right now as they're not here with my desktop

I do, in fact, have my own site; it's here.
I'm also working on a thing called Fetch. Look at it here!
@thisandagain pls explain. @thisandagain pls explain. @thisandagain pls explain. @thisandagain pls explain. @thisandagain pls explain.