Discuss Scratch

MeIoetta
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bloons TD 5/6 Discussion Thread

according to a mythbusters episode you can pop a lead bloon with a baseball ball

baseball monkey confirmed

i love jellyfish
MeIoetta
Scratcher
1000+ posts

i just discovered new strategy with boosty bananza cobra
when you adjust the cobra it will ceramic spam so if you boost it it's going to be moab spam

i love jellyfish
Greenduck54
Scratcher
500+ posts

MeIoetta wrote:

according to a mythbusters episode you can pop a lead bloon with a baseball ball

baseball monkey confirmed
lol

I used to make stuff on here, now i just come on when i'm bored, don't expect anything from me now.
Last edited by Greenduck54 (Jan. 1, 2020 00:00:00)
oh no, the joke is dead because that time is no longer in the future :I
Last edited by Greenduck54 (Apr. 20, 2069 00:00:00)
that's better
;
Greenduck54
Scratcher
500+ posts

I can actually micro now??? wowwwww

I used to make stuff on here, now i just come on when i'm bored, don't expect anything from me now.
that's better
;
Greenduck54
Scratcher
500+ posts

tmw you beat a player with 8.1 million medallions (and break 200k at the same time)

If you're curious I used heli-farm (like always)

Last edited by Greenduck54 (Oct. 14, 2017 02:29:18)

that's better
;
MeIoetta
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Greenduck54 wrote:

did not see any micro

Greenduck54 wrote:

tmw you beat a player with 8.1 million medallions (and break 200k at the same time)
you were playing with a noob (or free win guy). Who the heck uses COBRA in high levels without club modes? Late-gaming with dart monkey? Also he sent camo leads on a 3-X heli.

good playing tho

Last edited by MeIoetta (Oct. 14, 2017 07:24:11)

i love jellyfish
MeIoetta
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Here's my strategy for Mega Boosts
I use it only few times when arena appears because when i overuse it people will copy and spam it and it will be the only strategy

btw wizard sucks but it's good for early game

i love jellyfish
Greenduck54
Scratcher
500+ posts

MeIoetta wrote:

btw wizard sucks but it's good for early game
I wouldn't say it sucks too much (it's acutally useful as a fourth), It's definitely one of the worst (Still 99999% better than the Glue gunner though)

that's better
;
Greenduck54
Scratcher
500+ posts

MeIoetta wrote:

Greenduck54 wrote:

did not see any micro
That's because my apaches covered it up
I was selling and rebuying 0-4 mortars and using the stall to stop the ZOMGs.

MeIoetta wrote:

Greenduck54 wrote:

you were playing with a noob (or free win guy). Who the heck uses COBRA in high levels without club modes? Late-gaming with dart monkey? Also he sent camo leads on a 3-X heli.

good playing tho
Yeah, Cobra is pretty much dead

that's better
;
Greenduck54
Scratcher
500+ posts

tfw your medallions and unlocks get erased… hopefully NK sorts it out quickly, I've already sent the support message (and if battles let me i'd send a screenshot so they could know it is legit)

that's better
;
MeIoetta
Scratcher
1000+ posts

rn doing homework
“Can Chris play this game?” (a picture with a guy on a computer with a game over screen)
“No, he can't”

my English book knows everything.
(superjombombo reference for those who don't know)

i love jellyfish
Greenduck54
Scratcher
500+ posts

I've put so many replies in my NK support thread about my save being gone i'd not be surprised if NK thought I am a spammer lol
(mainly because I've told them every single detail I could, and my (pretty much proven as I tested with my acc on the Windows Store version and it happened) theory on how it happened.)

that's better
;
Greenduck54
Scratcher
500+ posts

tmw you have 2000 medallions and get 7000 from the leaderboards (NK will hopefully fix my account soon yay)

that's better
;
MeIoetta
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Greenduck54 wrote:

tmw you have 2000 medallions and get 7000 from the leaderboards (NK will hopefully fix my account soon yay)
i've got 600 medallions and got 5000 from leaderboards

i love jellyfish
Greenduck54
Scratcher
500+ posts

MeIoetta wrote:

Greenduck54 wrote:

i've got 600 medallions and got 5000 from leaderboards
xD
My account is fixed yay!
<changing sig now to have accurate info>

Last edited by Greenduck54 (Oct. 19, 2017 11:41:47)

that's better
;
Jonathan50
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I'm pretty sure I'm becoming terrible at BTD Battles because I don't play it often anymore (maybe one or two games every other week) and I haven't been keeping up with the news and strategies (and skins)… Maybe I can shift the blame to NK because they keep making balance changes and introduced a bug in the Mac version were the text of the patch notes are so tiny I can't read them?

Anyway this is a game: https://battles.tv/watch/GWGHRHG (Hopefully the link will start working soon…)

Last edited by Jonathan50 (Oct. 25, 2017 05:21:59)

Not yet a Knight of the Mu Calculus.
Greenduck54
Scratcher
500+ posts

Jonathan50 wrote:

I'm pretty sure I'm becoming terrible at BTD Battles because I don't play it often anymore (maybe one or two games every other week) and I haven't been keeping up with the news and strategies (and skins)… Maybe I can shift the blame to NK because they keep making balance changes and introduced a bug in the Mac version were the text of the patch notes are so tiny I can't read them?

Anyway this is a game: https://battles.tv/watch/GWGHRHG (Hopefully the link will start working soon…)
Same lol, i haven't played it in a few days, and i got a bunch of wins and losses when i did (i blame NK for making MOAB Pit a club meaning all the decently good non-club players went into Ceramic Crucible to beat me)
Great strategy on all maps (besides Indoor Pools, Hydro Dam, Snowy Castle and i think a few others) is Heli-Farm-Mortar. Heli was recently buffed (and basically became almost meta), Farm is always essential, and mortar gives you an easy r13 defense (Heli's one weakness besides BFBs on r20 (you should have 3 3-0 or 1 4-2 farm by then (republics are now better than plantation spam because they now give 15 bananas instead of 13), if r20 bfbs come and you only have republics, you'll need to sell them all (sigh) to get an apache and defend (and then do mixed eco and i've gotten a 4-2 by r25 after that (?). Also, links to replays don't directly work for the Steam version (maybe they should fix that )

that's better
;
Jonathan50
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Greenduck54 wrote:

Also, links to replays don't directly work for the Steam version (maybe they should fix that )
Yesterday the link actually didn't point to my game and it wouldn't show in my replays, but it's better now.
(I think it just doesn't register the battlestv:// URI on the Steam version but I haven't tried it on Windows, I'm just about to.)

Jonathan50
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Turns out my 2009 netbook's Intel 945 integrated graphics doesn't work with OpenGL 2.0 which is required for Bloons TD Battles
https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/developing-games-and-graphics-on-intel/topic/284458

Does anybody know how to get Mesa (software OpenGL 2.0 implementation) to work with Battles on Windows?

Last edited by Jonathan50 (Oct. 25, 2017 22:36:56)

Jonathan50
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Okay, I downloaded Mesa 17.2.3 for Windows from here: https://github.com/pal1000/mesa-dist-win/releases and moved all the 32-bit DLLs to the same folder as Battles-Win.exe. Then I got this error:

Edit: I tried using quickdeploy.cmd, tried copying them all and renaming osmesa-gallium.dll to osmesa.dll, tried the same with Swrast, tried copying just opengl32.dll and just opengl32.dll and osmesa.dll, all the same error.

Last edited by Jonathan50 (Oct. 27, 2017 08:53:23)