Discuss Scratch

ANIMATIONZ3
Scratcher
15 posts

Rework ban system

Ok
Let's say you created an account and you did somthing bad on there. You got banned. Ok, I won't do it again. 1WEEK LATER. I would like to make an second account to my first one! (makes account) ONE MINUTE LATER . Gets banned because it says you made it to go over the block. Now, you can't make an account until after a month. THAT IS SOOOOOOOOOOO ANNOYING!
little_kitten
Scratcher
500+ posts

Rework ban system

Well, the lesson here is,
don't get banned.

The above post was likely clear sass. 10 outta 10.
Unless it wasn't. Which happens from time to time. Sadly.
Iditaroid
Scratcher
500+ posts

Rework ban system

Did you submit an appeal like the page said? You want to start communication with the Scratch Team as soon as you are banned instead of trying to get around the block with account after account.

CosmicSans
New to Scratch
100+ posts

Rework ban system

So you're asking to be able to get around bans with another account easily?
no, sorry.

The point of a ban is not to make as many accounts as you can, you're supposed to have your parent/guardian or yourself e-mail the Scratch Team and have them release the ban.

CosmicSans - the otherworldly manifestation of the world's most hated font
My Profile | My Recent Projects | My Github
Deerleg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Rework ban system

Are you talking about while the ban is in effect or just after? Because that can change things.


joshuaho
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Rework ban system

Making alternate accounts to circumvent an account block is definitely not ok, as others have said above. If your account gets blocked, you should contact the Scratch Team and ask for the ban to be lifted. Getting around an account block will only result in the alternate account banned or deleted and the original account's ban time extended.

College student studying Communication and Fire Technology, communication lab tutor, guitar and piano player, perfectionist, and just some guy who regularly eats and trains physically to stay healthy.
LionsStair
Scratcher
100+ posts

Rework ban system

My old account was banned twice, but the second time the appeal section glitches and now I'm here. They shouldn't re-work the system, I easily got un-banned after my appeal, not to say that it was fake.

I actually left my old account because I wanted to start fresh, so after the ban.

If I said no support highlight this from “Hi” to “AWESOME”:
Hi this isThink about your suggestion, was it going to benefit a majority of scratchers, did it have cons to a specific group, was it fully based on YOUR opinion, did you put some thought into the idea, simply forgot to read the sticky, has little pros, no purposeful reason, was there something wrong with scratch? If any of these apply to you think about your post, either revise it or close it.AWESOME
If I said support highlight this from “Hi” to “COOL”:
Hi I think this isDo you think you could add to your suggestion, or do you wish to keep it the same? Doesn't matter as long as people support it!!COOL




















Because I can do stuff Highlight:If you followed my instructions, I will give you a free stuffollow
Check out my feed here! List of my favorite music



















Because I can do stuff:

Like this ^ and this v
You must be hallucinating!
automagiacally = automatically do something
If you don't get the pun: *Facepalm*
KUMQUATS ARE HERE TO EAT, EAT, EAT!









Remember to ALWAYS: Clicky That Sticky!

















A Lion's Stare is a neutral stare yet is filled with so many stairs of moods, it never hurts, or never loves, it never does, or never nothing. A Lion's Stare is a Stair.

Life's a mystery, yet so unfair,
DEAL WIT IT.

(Insert epic lion face here)
CreatorCore
New to Scratch
6 posts

Rework ban system

little_kitten wrote:

Well, the lesson here is,
don't get banned.
That couldn't be more false. Many people are banned for reasons that they should not be banned for, and even though this thread isn't exactly what the reworked system is trying to get at, it definitely does need changing. What if I got banned for saying “My project is kinda not cool”? Breaks no guideline, but I have no defense for myself. Do you get what I'm saying?
Rex208
Scratcher
500+ posts

Rework ban system

CreatorCore wrote:

little_kitten wrote:

Well, the lesson here is,
don't get banned.
That couldn't be more false. Many people are banned for reasons that they should not be banned for, and even though this thread isn't exactly what the reworked system is trying to get at, it definitely does need changing. What if I got banned for saying “My project is kinda not cool”? Breaks no guideline, but I have no defense for myself. Do you get what I'm saying?
No.
People don't get banned for minor things. The ST doesn't go around and say “You didn't like this project! BAN!”

joshuaho
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Rework ban system

CreatorCore wrote:

little_kitten wrote:

Well, the lesson here is,
don't get banned.
That couldn't be more false. Many people are banned for reasons that they should not be banned for, and even though this thread isn't exactly what the reworked system is trying to get at, it definitely does need changing. What if I got banned for saying “My project is kinda not cool”? Breaks no guideline, but I have no defense for myself. Do you get what I'm saying?
All bans are given for are reason - if a user does not follow the Community Guidelines and persists in doing the same offense, its the Scratch Team's duty to make sure that it does not happen again - part of that is banning the account(s) involved when needed.

And if a user does get banned, he/she is always able to contact the Scratch Team to explain the situation.

College student studying Communication and Fire Technology, communication lab tutor, guitar and piano player, perfectionist, and just some guy who regularly eats and trains physically to stay healthy.
Superandultra
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Rework ban system

ANIMATIONZ3 wrote:

Ok
Let's say you created an account and you did somthing bad on there. You got banned. Ok, I won't do it again. 1WEEK LATER. I would like to make an second account to my first one! (makes account) ONE MINUTE LATER . Gets banned because it says you made it to go over the block.

The point of a ban is to prevent that user in question from breaking the rules. And 9/10 times when that user makes a new account, that is most likely to void that ban, so theoretically, 8-9/10 when that ALT account is banned, its reassuring the ban, its better to just appeal your ban rather than avoid it.

it isn't illegal avoiding prison/parole now is it?

“Quoting yourself is a lazy and poor attempt at trying to make your argument seem professional and intimidating”-Superandultra 2015
Alberknyis
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Rework ban system

CreatorCore wrote:

little_kitten wrote:

Well, the lesson here is,
don't get banned.
That couldn't be more false. Many people are banned for reasons that they should not be banned for, and even though this thread isn't exactly what the reworked system is trying to get at, it definitely does need changing. What if I got banned for saying “My project is kinda not cool”? Breaks no guideline, but I have no defense for myself. Do you get what I'm saying?

“Don't get banned” is a command. Not a statement. How can it be false?

Aaaas for the original post…

Are you serious. Do you think they're going to let you work around the ban?

stop [all v] ::stack

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile