Discuss Scratch
- Discussion Forums
- » Collaboration
- » NOSTALGIA
- Puffiibunnx
-
Scratcher
14 posts
NOSTALGIA
NOSTALGIA
a Halcyon application
NOSTALGIA
(noun}
a bittersweet feeling of happiness
mixed with a slight sadness when thinking about
or longing for a past time
place, or personal experience.
────୨ৎ────
Do you remember me?
you were here once.
The flowers, the river flowing
I wish I could meet you again.
Not for the first time – for the last.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
portfolio.
– foreword & about me.
– experience.
– activity.
– character history.
– application reasons.
halcyon
– personality & concepts.
– longevity.
– research.
– roleplay examples.
– rambles & trivia.
– future plans.
closing.
– afterword.
– credits.
────୨ৎ────
I would remember you perfectly
memories are cruel.
the longer you hold them, the further they become.
PORTFOLIO
who am i?
FOREWORD
& about me.
xaarui
she . her
finally with the decision of applying. . . I present you myself! Helloo, I'm xaarui or rue. I'm an American 16 yo who is an absolute sucker for Tomb raider, especially the 2013 edition. I currently play flute in marching and concert band a long side piccolo for pep band. I own 4 cats, 2 dogs and a 1 bunny <3. I'm also a huge nerd for fnf hypno's lullaby reboot…gosh I love those songs in that one. I spend my free time playing genshin, sleeping, drawing or talking with my siblings!
EXPERIENCE.
wheww I've been on scratch for more than three years now. Which isn't as long as some people but it's long for me. I've been roleplaying for about 2 and a half years of my time being on scratch. At first, scratch was just something I used for school. My math teacher would make us make projects with games for math. Learning how to code and stuff. Then after awhile, when we stopped using it as a coding thing, I used it to make new friends and well..I was really really into warriors at the time. I'd read every book of each series in a week (Like I'd be able to read one series a week). I've also reread it a ton of times. I started off first in either tfc or generations. I do not remember. But I've owned so many characters through so many different roleplays which can include non warriors' roleplays.
ACTIVITY.
oh my gosh my scratch is so boring and quiet right now, my tab Is open 24/7 but I only look at it during classes I have free time in, study hall or even times I'm not at school. I also check scratch on my phone whenever I'm on vacation ; a simple check in to see if I have anything i'll need to reply to later that night or when I return home from said vacation.
CHARACTER
history.
CURRENT CHARACTERS (0)
PAST CHARACTERS
– SATURN — Kittypet
– CANARYCHERISH - Skyclan
– DOGWOODCURSE - Shadowclan.
APPLICATION
reasons.
WHY are you applying? — Well. . . I wasn't going to apply at first, since i'm already applying for another River clan litter, but the more I started to think about it, the more I wanted to apply. Reading about Astrophel and knowing about his past and stuff suddenly interested me and gave me the idea of making halcyon someone of Nostalgia. It gave me the idea of that Halcyon is but a new cat of Astrophel's past self.
WHY should you win? — By all means I don't believe I should win, everyone has a chance at winning because everyone puts in the hard work to try and win! But I do believe some factors can help with winning, or example a complete application could be useful, or even fitting into the lore would also be good. Along with experience yes ^^
────୨ৎ────
as still, I return
to the same riverbank, those same patches of flowers.
If I remember enough I could find those answers
but yesterday never has those answers.
you'd think that growing old meant carrying everything with you
but memories do not stay still
they blur, they lose their color, they become more distant the more you reach for them.
PERSONALITY
& concepts.
rambles. . .
Hal will remember how something happened rather than just what happened. Remembering how the warmth of the sun felt on his pelt on a certain afternoon, or how the river sounded on a certain day. Remembering how a certain event went on, or how a certain action was played out.
Hal doesn't exactly know the meaning of “the last time” when he's young. The last time he'd play with his siblings as a kit wouldn't feel different from any other day. The last time he would sit beside Astrophel. He recognizes these moments as important long after they are gone which is why I believe Nostalgia is a big part of him.
I think he wouldn't like if someone where to tell him “its just a phase”. Something temporary doesn't mean its meaningless. If something were to only last for a moon that doesn't make it less important to him. It being temporary could be why he treasures it so much.
Hal would hate the concept of birthdays — not because he hates the idea of getting older, but simply because it makes the passage of time impossible to ignore. Another moon passed, another year gone. And another version of himself only he can remember.
Hal would love looking at places and comparing them to how he used to see them to how he sees them today. Sometimes disappointed when they don't look the same as before — Eventually he'll come to appreciate that the place changing doesn't mean its erased memories from long before.
꒰ POSITIVES ꒱ Tender, Sentimental, Appreciative.
꒰ NEUTRALS ꒱ Observant, Contemplative, Traditional.
꒰ NEGATIVES ꒱ Nostalgic, Clingy, Conflict avoidant.
positives — Halcyon always had a strange fondness for things that are easy to overlook, wilting flowers, and old hangout area slowly beginning to grow vines even the warmth left behind by cats who has gotten up from resting. He treats these small things with such care a cat he would. He pays attention to things that make someone them. He may bring up an old joke said long ago or maybe ask about stories from moons and moons ago — Maybe even quietly create an old routine simply because it reminds him of a better time. He believes that remembering something is one of few ways to keep it from disappearing completely.
His tenderness can sometimes make it hard for him to let go of ending moments — He'd linger at a familiar riverbank, often remembering old habits that him or his father did, or hesitate before leaving a place he knows will never be the same again. Halcyon believes evening an ending deserves to be appreciated — After all, Something temporary is precisely what makes it worth remembering and holding onto
Halcyon treasures things that carry past, or hence nostalgia. He might keep a feather that fell from the sky on a day that had an important event. He attaches things from his life to ordinary things, allowing places, scents, or sights to become reminders of moments that would be otherwise impossible to hold onto.
If someone were to ask why he keeps old, tattered objects, he would simply reply with a shrug or find it hard to explain why — It just…does. To him, throwing these things away would be like losing a piece of himself or a piece of something that he was. He knows that the world is always changing, that nothing stays the same, but isn't ready to let everything change without leaving something from that time behind.
Though holding onto the past is something he relies on, he makes an effort to show his appreciation for the present while he can. If someone were to do something kind or helpful — he remembers it. If someone to give their time to him; he'll value it. Halcyon is especially grateful for things he knows won't be everlasting. However, his appreciation isn't loud or obvious. He understands that he won't get to revisit every moment, but instead of letting these thoughts ruin them, he tries to appreciate them while he still can.
an ordinary day isn't an ordinary day to Halcyon if it's a day he'll wish to revisit.
neutrals — Rather than being perceptive to objects or things, Halcyon is perceptive towards other cats. A simple habit of noticing the way another puffs their chest out when they are prideful, or when one ducks their head with a shame of embarrassment — Thought he'll gradually learn others habits and the way one does things. He usually notices when one is uncomfortable, when a conversation becomes dry or simply even when a friend wants to hide how they really feel.
He remembers the consistency of things that make another cat familiar to him, one whom lays near the den entrance, one who always has a habit of bringing the biggest prey home. One who becomes talkative whenever they are nervous, or one who tries to sneak away when they are upset. He doesn't announce when he notices things, instead he simply grows around them.
Halcyon could be a source of quiet comfort — He might sit beside someone without asking them what's wrong, bringing them something they can enjoy or even slightly altering he's behavior to fit the comfort of someone else. He pays attention to the ways others change as they grow, he'll remember habits they had as a kit — if they were friends as a kit. Sometimes he finds himself comparing others to how they once were to the cat they are today. both versions remain important in his mind.
Scion spends a great deal of time reflecting on the passage of time. You'll find him wondering how an action can become a memory, why certain days stay vivid while others vanish as though never happening, or why looking back can make something feel so close yet so far away. He sometimes enjoys revisiting experiences in his mind, not because he wants to change them but because he enjoys knowing what they mean now compared to back then.
A kithood game back then might seem insignificant when it first happens, but when looking back it's one of his most happiest moments in his life.
Halcyon could appear very thoughtful about his own growth, not always recognizing himself as the same cat he was two simple moons ago. He finds it strange that someone can change so much while carrying the same memories.
“A memory can change without the event changing itself” which Halcyon is particularly interested in that concept.
Halcyon finds comfort in bringing pieces from the past into the present. He enjoys repeated routines, traditions and things that give him the sense of passing the time. He may continue a habit long after its original reason had been forgotten. Revisiting a certain spot when he was younger, or maybe even a spot others liked to visit. Continuing a small family custom because leaving it would make that part of his childhood feel out of reach. He believes that parts of the past are worth carrying forward.
Halcyon is interested in stories and traditions passed down by the older cats. He likes the feeling that something big existed before him, simply adopt traditions that aren't originally his but because he find the history meaningful. Sometimes a tradition survives because it is allowed to change.
negatives — While the feeling of being nostalgic is comforting to him, it can grow into an unhealthy attachment to the past. When things become difficult, he tends to search for answers in the past, not from the present. He doesn't believe his past if fully perfect, but simply remembers the happy parts of it. A place he once had a deep loved for, in his memory, might become warmer than it has been in a long time. A friendship that ended badly might be eventually remembered for its happiest moments.
Change is a hard thing for halcyon to undergo. When someone grows into a different cat, he might still be looking at the same cat he saw long before. He struggles to reconcile the present with the past. Revisiting old places hoping to recapture how they felt before, only to be disappointed that it doesn't feel the same.
LONGEVITY.
I've currently owned a tss cat since January of this year! (He's 37 moons !) I have no reason to have to off a character the moment, but I do want to say I will be getting a job soon which hopefully won't cut into my roleplaying time ^^ I can keep them for a most likely up to 60 or 70 moons <3
RESEARCH.
na
ROLEPLAY
examples.
꒰ self-roleplays ꒱
・┆✦ Halcyon ꒱ he . they → 6 moons ✧ Reminiscing . . .
꒰ joint-roleplays ꒱
“ Creation both haunted and holy ” - > @cosmic-wishes
TRIVIA
& family dynamics
personal beliefs — He believes in reincarnation , as someone based off nostalgia and someone who Astrophel sees in himself, this would fit well.
family dynamics —
꒰ ASTROPHEL . Pa , father .
— Scion has always been fond of how his father remembers things.
If Astro mentioned something Halcyon did moons ago, it would bring a familiar warmth in his chest. It tells Halcyon that those memories were important enough to be remembered by someone else. Halcyon doesn't really think of Astro's protectiveness as suffocating, but simply love.
If halcy is asked to something, he listens.
Halcyon, being the observant cat he is eventually comes to realize that Astro's affection isn't quiet the what he thought it was.
He notices his father caring for Halcyon above the others, which he never thought to think of before.
name symbolisms — peace, tranquility, calm seas, and an idyllic, golden era of happiness
appearance symbolisms — temporary nature of youth and love.
꒰ VOICE CLAIM ꒱
– Rika Honjo as a young kit / apprentice (high rise invasion)
– Makoto Yuka as an adult (high rise invasion)
꒰ NICKNAMES ꒱
– Halcy
– Scion
꒰ LOVE LANGUAGE ꒱
– Quality time
Simply being beside someone is meaningful to him
꒰ RED FLAGS ꒱
– Stuck in the past way to much
꒰ PLAYLIST ꒱
– Sweater weather x after dark - Mr Kitty x The Neighborhood
– Lovely - Billie Eilish, Khalid
꒰ MAIN INSPIRATIONS ꒱
– Nostalgic
FUTURE
plans.
identity - he . they
attraction - demisexual
────୨ৎ────
AFTERWORD.
Thank you so much for reading, I might end up making this a for fun if I end up winning another riverclan kit
I absolutely adore the idea of him being based on nostalgia etc etc.CREDITS.
Distance memories. . . (Litter!)
❀ THIRD CHARM || TFCRP litter
Garden of lilacs
꒰ NOSTALGIA — a halcyon application ꒱
Template by @lapisfox2010.
Last edited by Puffiibunnx (Oct. 8, 2026 17:58:50)
- Discussion Forums
- » Collaboration
-
» NOSTALGIA