Discuss Scratch

-DustyBirb-
Scratcher
2 posts

Cloning help ;w;

info here: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/1382393056/

cloning appears to be interrupted by a ‘stop all in this sprite’ block, even though stop all in this sprite occurs at least 5 seconds beforehand and disrupts nothing else. also disrupts it when I put the cloning code+costumes+everything in an entirely separate sprite which does not depend upon message broadcasts. I'm so confused lol if anyone could help that would be really great ;w;
gametime553
Scratcher
18 posts

Cloning help ;w;

All I know is the 300 clone limit I don’t know any other reason that concludes to this
-DustyBirb-
Scratcher
2 posts

Cloning help ;w;

gametime553 wrote:

All I know is the 300 clone limit I don’t know any other reason that concludes to this
Yeahhhh I thought abt that but there's so many delete clone blocks and I don't believe I've even prompted 300 to clone in the first place…. maybe 20 at the absolute most across the whole project ToT ty for the idea tho
fallseptember
Scratcher
100+ posts

Cloning help ;w;

Im not sure I fully understand your problem but if the stop all scripts im this sprite is tripping you up just do this:
broadcast [Stop v]
stop [this script v]

And then:
when green flag clicked
set [Variable v] to [0]
And then:
when I receive [ stop v]
set [Variable v] to 1
And then take all of the code you want to stop when broadcasted (the broadcast replaces the stop all) and put it in this loop
forever
if <<[variable] = [0then
Your code here



else
stop [This script v]
end
end
10goto10
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Cloning help ;w;

Your project is trying to go over 300 clones.

I didn't try to work through your clone management. Clones can receive broadcasts and many of your scripts are creating clones, so clones are creating clones.

I made a remix with the usual fix that stops clones from running broadcast scripts: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/1382894638/

But I don't know what your project is supposed to look like, so, my ‘every thing looks like a nail when my only tool is a hammer’ approach might not have fixed the problem. But, the number of clones no longer reaches 300.

Powered by DjangoBB