Discuss Scratch
- Discussion Forums
- » Help with Scripts
- » better way to make the doors in my game?
- amazingendofoxy9
-
Scratcher
47 posts
better way to make the doors in my game?
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/1104824398
im looking for a easier and more optimized way to make the doors work in my game
right now every door is a separate sprite and every character needs to individually have the coordinates they teleport to when coming out of a door listed individually (which is very tedious and easy to mess up)
is there a better way to do this?
(note many characters still have the outdated door script, to see the new one you can go to mephone4)
im looking for a easier and more optimized way to make the doors work in my game
right now every door is a separate sprite and every character needs to individually have the coordinates they teleport to when coming out of a door listed individually (which is very tedious and easy to mess up)
is there a better way to do this?
(note many characters still have the outdated door script, to see the new one you can go to mephone4)
- diamondgolem258
-
Scratcher
65 posts
better way to make the doors in my game?
Why when I go through a downwards door I exit through the right door? I should instead go through the top door because I'm moving down? If you make the doors consistent you could do something like this.
I'll try to make a remix when I have time to illustrate my idea.
if <touching [Door v] ?> thenWith this you only need 1 door sprite because where the sprites go isn't determined by the door sprite.
if <(y position) > [100]> then
move 1 room up
set y to [-150]
set x to [0]
else
if <(y position) < [100]> then
move 1 room down
set y to [150]
set x to [0]
else
if <(x position) < [100]> then
move 1 room left
set x to [150]
set y to [0]
else
if <(x position) > [100]> then
move 1 room right
set x to [-150]
set y to [0]
end
end
end
I'll try to make a remix when I have time to illustrate my idea.
- diamondgolem258
-
Scratcher
65 posts
better way to make the doors in my game?
Also could you make the map more clear? I need to know which rooms lead where
- 10goto10
-
Scratcher
1000+ posts
better way to make the doors in my game?
Data structures in Scratch are not that easy.
I started a case study using room and door names that each character sprite is intended to use and also each door sprite. It's a simple four-room, left and right door only. I just wanted to show the structure of the lists. Maybe you could look at what I've done and see if it makes sense for your project. https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/1379594869/
I started a case study using room and door names that each character sprite is intended to use and also each door sprite. It's a simple four-room, left and right door only. I just wanted to show the structure of the lists. Maybe you could look at what I've done and see if it makes sense for your project. https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/1379594869/
- diamondgolem258
-
Scratcher
65 posts
better way to make the doors in my game?
I was talking about something like this https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/1379542282/
- amazingendofoxy9
-
Scratcher
47 posts
better way to make the doors in my game?
ok i think i may have figured it out ( if the second part of the code that i have yet to do ends up working) but there is one big issue right now and im probably going to make a separate post for that
- Discussion Forums
- » Help with Scripts
-
» better way to make the doors in my game?