Discuss Scratch
- Discussion Forums
- » Help with Scripts
- » why wont the clones spawn
- deadlyplusshot
-
Scratcher
9 posts
why wont the clones spawn
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/1027336071/
the zombies/clones wont spawn
the zombies/clones wont spawn
- Fancymaster
-
Scratcher
92 posts
why wont the clones spawn
they're being forced offscreen upon spawn im pretty sure
- RicDiamond1477
-
Scratcher
100+ posts
why wont the clones spawn
how?I believe you're setting your clone's positions way too far off the screen. I recommend setting your clone's positions to 240x or -240x for the x axis and 180y or -180y for the y axis.
- 10goto10
-
Scratcher
1000+ posts
why wont the clones spawn
I remixed your project with a couple of changes.
My guess was that you wanted the enemies to spawn offscreen to have them randomly appear on screen after slowly walking toward the player. I changed that to use a “spawn on the edge method” and then hide for a few seconds. I also removed the test for moving toward the player. It was waiting for positive value for the stun? variable but that was not going to happen without the enemy touching the ammo which was not going to happen since the enemy was off screen. Also your stun? variable was a ‘for all sprites" variable and I made it a ’for this sprite only' variable so each enemy would have it's own value.
Remix here: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/1378175848
I made a lot of changes so seeing my remix is probably best except I may not have understood your whole play logic.
My guess was that you wanted the enemies to spawn offscreen to have them randomly appear on screen after slowly walking toward the player. I changed that to use a “spawn on the edge method” and then hide for a few seconds. I also removed the test for moving toward the player. It was waiting for positive value for the stun? variable but that was not going to happen without the enemy touching the ammo which was not going to happen since the enemy was off screen. Also your stun? variable was a ‘for all sprites" variable and I made it a ’for this sprite only' variable so each enemy would have it's own value.
Remix here: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/1378175848
I made a lot of changes so seeing my remix is probably best except I may not have understood your whole play logic.
Last edited by 10goto10 (Sept. 5, 2026 01:43:50)
- Discussion Forums
- » Help with Scripts
-
» why wont the clones spawn