Discuss Scratch

Mapleshade1111
Scratcher
79 posts

stardust capsule .. fortunekit application .. tfcrp

{ ❝ I'm reaching out to the me I used to be ❞ }

STARDUST CAPSULE . FORTUNEKIT APPLICATION . TFCRP

Hi! I would like to request that if you have something to say, please redirect it to my application. I really don't want this bumped back to the top, please respect this request. To the hosts, there is no research section since I do not plan on anything needing research. Thank you, please enjoy your stay!

At this time, this application is complete regarding required material / idea dumps without rp examples.

All quotes are lyrics from Mori Calliope's song INSOMNIAC BLACK.
redirect to my application .


{ ❝ Know it's all about the side that you choose to free ❞ }

about me - nicknames/pronouns . Hey! Please call me Sasha or Ao, NOT ‘Maple’ or ‘Mapleshade’- the user is extremely outdated, but I'm attached to the account I've built. My preferred pronouns are she/her, and I would like to be referred to by those pronouns, but they/them are fine.

about me - blurb . Apart from what I have said above, I'm a teen. I have interests in things like psychology, physiology, art, writing, and utaite culture, and explore them in my free time. I'm learning Japanese and Indonesian on my own and will be learning more Chinese/leeching some French notes off friends this year, once school starts up again. Speaking of that, once school starts up in September, I won't be as active since I don't use Scratch during school. Right- I'm a VTuber (specifically Hololive) fan and an Ado fan, and I have been for around a year. I have shamelessly gone on tangents about Hololive songs, whether it be lists that take 40 minutes to rattle off the top of my head or just a ramble about a singular artist or a specific song. I enjoy reading epic fantasy, and am currently reading the Cosmere and The Wheel of Time. I also write, a lot and very often, featuring my OCs. Roleplaying is a hobby I've taken up as a way to practice writing and experiencing different mindsets, as I don't have to cultivate all of the lore and the worlds myself, though I can still direct them with gentle touches. I tend to yap excessively about these characters of mine, these OCs, and Hololive; you can find rambles fairly easily but the majority of the lore for my characters is kept offsite.


{ ❝ Let loose and decide on the star you're meant to see ❞ }

motivation for applying . I, ah, want the design.. very simply I'm in love with Fortune's design. I don't apply for a kit unless I fall in love with them and the ideas I have for them, since if I don't have attachment I don't roleplay the kit, and I don't want to win a design and then not give the kit as lovely a life as could have been. Apart from that, I want to get into TFCRP; it allows a lot of room for lore and character development, and I think it would be fun to have that opportunity.

why i should win . Okay so when it comes to who should win the kit, I will not make any promises. Anything I say here is viewed as a promise rather than a hope for what I will be able to do- I want to clarify, that's what all of this is. What I hope to be able to do should I win. You two will be judging this and picking an owner based off who your heart tells you to trust with the kits.. I shouldn't need to make promises and outlandish claims to convince you I'd be a good owner - I should just yap and let you see the kind of person I am for yourself. You'll trust me if I'm the right person, you'll trust someone else if they are. Trust yourselves first, you'll know who's right and who isn't.

activity . honestly my activity has been mowed over recently by school and new things.. a few days ago my legs gave out, once I actually got home I went hoarse (probably from lack of water) and after that I literally. Went to sleep and snoozed from 5 pm to 11 pm, at which point I woke up to catch karaoke that was totally worth it.. anyway, school has been absorbing more of my time, but I believe in ~2 weeks I will be able to go back to a fairly active roleplay schedule during weekdays.

longevity . So I can't promise I will keep Fortune forever, but I will do my best. Part of why I'm trying to join tfcrp is because it requires less stress from me to grind, so I can take more time to gently develop a character instead of rushing like I do in Generations. Even with school exhausting me, this relaxed style of roleplay will be soothing and easy to maintain, so I believe I will be able to keep Fortune for a long time. If I fail, I will try and rehome Fortune, and ping backups/all my fellow applicants here so that she can go back to a person who will take good care of her.

writing experience . I have a good chunk of writing experience, I think. I've been writing small fanfictions (most gone into oblivion, thankfully) since I was.. roughly seven, I think, seven or eight. I've been roleplaying for two and a half years at this point, I think, between larger roleplays such as Generations and small, now-dead roleplays with friends. Have been working on human-centered writing for the past year or so, and it's been going pretty well! Roleplay is now primarily so I can practice designing characters' heads and writing them accurately.


{ ❝ Searching endlessly, but I still believe ❞ }

gender . cisgender female
pronouns . she/her throughout her entire life
attractions . Fortune won't question her sexuality or attractions for a while. It just doesn't feel important to her, not at all. But as she matures, around 10 or so moons, she'll stop to think about it, due to either a friend who has a crush or one of her own. She'll realize, then, that she's pansexual, feeling attraction toward several genders without a specific gender-related preference.
nicknames . Fortune, Tune, Tu, Ru, Turu, Rune, and Rue will be my nicknames for this little baby diva darling!

*please keep in mind that this draft is subject to changes through irp development, like personalities. Thank you!


{ ❝ In the middle of the haze and confusion ❞ }

personality ..

simple ..
( pos ) considerate, delicate, generous, outwardly forgiving, open-minded
( neu ) loose loyalties, meditative, reclusive
( neg ) cynical, distrustful, manipulative, secretive, self-serving foremost


..


detailed ..


- considerate -
“ careful not to cause inconvenience or to harm others ”

when it comes to fortune, she's a very considerate, thoughtful character. while her outlook can be rather cynical, she won't be the cause for others'. tune dances around sensitive topics as much as possible around unfamiliar cats, and tentatively touches them when first bringing them up with cats she's getting used to/kin. she generally tries not to harm other cats, settling for startling or scaring but not truly harming. now, if she finds she should harm another, she will apologize and step away to relieve them of her presence.


- delicate -
“ marked by great precision or sensitivity ”

fortune's touch and actions are handled with the most sensitivity she can. more than a brush can push something to break, and she understands this, in the dark shadow of fracturekit's stillbirth. in fear of causing something valuable to be destroyed, or of harm another cat openly, fortune will take a gentle, sugarcoated approach to situations, seeking the kindest ways to break news to cats or stepping around the topic if she cannot find a way. each word and brush of her tail must be careful and gentle.


- generous -
“ (of a person) showing a readiness to give more of something… than is strictly necessary or expected ”

when you ask something of the specter, she will provide. she may ask a question or explanation for any knowledge requested, but she will provide it if proven you have no malicious intent, and will help her parents and siblings unconditionally. as an apprentice, she will stop by the medics' (help bear with me generations has worn into my soul) to see if they need help with anything. Besides–for reasons I'll get into later–she'll want to pick up on plant knowledge, and helping them will bolster her learning..


- outwardly forgiving -
“ ready and willing to forgive ”

fortune wouldn't want anyone to think that she dislikes them. so when someone makes a mistake, but provided they apologize, she will forgive them and move on. but in some cases, she will simply forgive outwardly, and cultivate a grudge. you may think you are forgiven, and she will keep up that appearance, but her grudge may be seen in her quiet actions intended to startle you, ones that can be passed off as ‘a joke’, ‘a game’, or ‘an accident’. she won't be aggressive in her grudgekeeping, rarely lashing out at all, rather preferring to simply inconvenience cats who have greatly inconvenienced her.


- open minded -
“ willing to consider new ideas; unprejudiced ”

this molly isn't the type of cat to pick a problem over an idea. once presented to her, she will pause and consider where the other cat is coming from. she may not agree with the perspective, but she will accept it as the other cat's and set it down. if a cat ever attempts to harass her for her beliefs or who she is, she will acknowledge these offenses, but discard their meaning, seeing cruel and nit-picky words as meaningless to her. she will understand they mean something to another cat, but that meaning evades her; any form of harm voiced is meant to egg her on, and she would prefer not be drawn into some petty argument.


..


- loose loyalties -
“ the quality of being loyal ”

tu's loyalties are loose, not tying her strongly to a concept and instead allowing room for her to move around. she will be loyal to her Clan and Howlingfright first and foremost, but upon learning about her kin in SkyClan, she will feel less bound to one specific organization, but more to the specific cats, based on how they act around her. she will experience how easily secrets are kept from her and her perspective, as it shifts into a cynical shade, will leave her with loyalties, but ones she is prepared to sever should something happen to urge her to do so.


- meditative -
“ of, involving, or absorbed in meditation or considered thought ”

fortunekit is a more contemplative cat, taking time to meditate and center herself in silence. she will realize it helps her greatly when she is given opportunity to rest her mind and drift into abstract thoughts rather than strain herself on specific topics. her brain can drift over the day's events or simple things that have made her happy, and it will release stressed energy inside of her when she can meditate. If she ever needs to fight another cat, she does best when her mind is in its calm, meditative state with its honed focus.


- reclusive -
“ avoiding the company of other people ”

while there's only so many places rue can go to step away from other cats, she often prefers to be there. it's okay if there are cats around, but it is easier for her to think and accomplish things when there is less bustle, less cats. she can hunt, train, and gather better, stash things she likes in little nooks and crannies, and turn worn accessories from one thing into another. space is a very important thing to fortune, and when she can leave camp and have this it will be freeing.. i plan on her expressing early that she likes privacy, so this is expected.


..


- cynical -
“ doubtful as to whether something will happen or whether it is worthwhile ”

fortune will grow to have an underlying cynical outlook. she will doubt the extravagant words and promises of other cats- ‘i’ll be the greatest warrior you'll ever see!' ‘i won’t forgive you!' as some examples. she will feel silently that the meaning of words is to be doubted and never fully trusted; they might be exaggerations or lies or half-truths, there needs to be room for uncertainty if she wishes not to be fooled.. if she follows a word without thought, she will not realize she has been tricked, but if she is wary, and only outwardly trusting, she reserves the ability to pick apart the words presented.


- distrustful -
“ feeling or showing distrust of someone or something ”

similarly, she will not trust easily. anticipating that something will turn out to be a lie, she only relies on cats she's been around for a while or otherwise convinced are alright to trust. her Clan will be one of the few she trusts automatically (or at least, the cat she speaks to as a kit and finds trustworthy) and all the rest will need to earn it.


- manipulative -
“ characterized by unscrupulous control of a situation or person ”

i have already stated before that fortune won't outright harm another cat. that isn't to say she won't attempt to control or puppet cats into doing things she approves of, especially ones in her age group that have earned a grudge. she will outwardly forgive them, even if she holds a dislike for them after their action, and this very act is manipulation. she is lying to earn their trust, and once a close friend, is able to manipulate them with the voice of a friend. she wants to have some modicum of power, and if it isn't outright harming someone.. well, what's the problem?


- secretive -
“ inclined to conceal feelings and intentions or not to disclose information ”

ru values her privacy. things that belong to her, such as thoughts, emotions, and opinions, deserve to be kept to her and her alone.. though she will speak of herself to cats around her should she find good reason. she likes picking up information about other cats and knowing things about them, as she thinks it will help her later in her life, but she doesn't want other cats to know her as deeply as would allow them into her heart unless they are her close friends and family. howlingfright she may confide in, one of few she lets know how she feels.


- self serving foremost -
“ having concern for one's own welfare and interests before those of others ”

while she will provide for others and offers consolation, fortune acts with herself first. before offering something unprovoked, she checks if she has it first or if she would need it, not wanting to lose something important. this is why she keeps to herself, too- anything another cat has on her puts her under their paw, and she would prefer not to have to worry about that. she must be as good a cat as she is expected to be, so she must dedicate her attention to things that push her to appear that way.


..


*All definitions taken from various digital dictionaries. Please note personality traits are subject to change through irp events; these are a guideline, but forcing her to stay the same destroys the point of writing a character, and for that reason they likely will shift as she develops.


{ ❝ In a state of mind that pays in illusion ❞ }

dynamics ..

howlingfright .. father .. parent
based off parental style .. howlingfright will be the best and first cat truly in fortunekit's life. she will grow up with a busy parent, yes, but one that carries immense weight upon his shoulders. fortune will either have this pointed out/explained to her, or she will realize this when she's still a kit. she will be in awe of him and quietly develop the idea that she should be like him. she will try and keep out of the warriors' business, but she may stop by the medicine cats/medics and ask if there is anything she can do to help them. howling is busy and cannot always be around, so she will help who she can in the meantime. as she reaches apprentice age, fortune will try and practice things with her father, not just her mentor, so that she may spend more time with him. as she learns how to meditate on her own and how to use that to center herself hunting and fighting, she will want to demonstrate to her father and have his help in practice. while howlingfright will not express what he wants her to be too much, she will want to be like him, and try and rise to surpass any given expectations so she can make him happy and be capable herself. she understands that working for something for the sake of being able to know how to do it is important, and it will be her secondary reason. praise, when given, will make her almost seem to glow, along with any acknowledgement of her development; when howlingfright has so much on his mind, it will mean a lot that he remembers something so small about fortune's development. as a warrior, she will do her best to make his life easier, helping him with anything he needs and taking any pressure she can from him, especially when he loses someone. fortune will have experienced grief when she learns about losing fracturekit, and with that bit of experience, will know that he will need time to rest when he inevitably loses other cats. needless to say, howlingfright will shape her view of what a cat should be. fortune will trust him and rely on him whenever she can, this supportive, strong parent being one of the only cats she knows to be unconditionally at her side. if anyone ever speaks poorly about him in her presence, they will be the victim of her next grudge, and bouts of insomnia. he is her father, and he made her the best cat he could- she will now defend him from any hate he may face.

juncohaze .. mama/mum .. parent
based off parental style .. fortune will be initially unsure about juncohaze, when she learns about her as an apprentice. brief showers of affection and gifts aren't the type of care she is used to- she's used to higher expectations and sparse praise. but when juncohaze gifts her flowers, appeasing her collector's heart, fortune will start gathering flowers of her own, in order to trade. she will understand that he loves her despite his inability to have much of a paw in her life, and so will tentatively express her trust through these flowers, awkward inquiries so as to how his life has been faring, and uncertainly opening up to her over time. ‘i’ve been learning this lately.' ‘i brought these, we can trade.’ ‘i wanna live up to what father wants from me.’ when she wants to repurpose her worn ribbons and collar into something new, she will wait for juncohaze to be at the border or to find him at a gathering, and sit down and try and turn them into something new with him, talking about whatever comes up over the piece. as she taps into her more inventive side, she will try and show more of her creations to juno. their relationship won't be very strong, since they won't be able to interact often, but fortune will do her best to get to know him, slowly taking down her initial barriers as they bond. it will feel odd, incredibly so, but this is family, and the effort will be made, through accessories and plants.. and languages. fortune will learn after a few likely comments and mentions, perhaps through hearing the unfamiliar words themselves, that juncohaze knows romanian. she will see this as fascinating, specifically the difference with the standard language the cats speak. she will be curious and, tentatively seeing this as a way to become closer to her mum–after all, she's only heard of junco knowing this language, so it's special to her, juncohaze, and her siblings–will ask for lessons. she can gather her thoughts and test her comprehension/practice by translating sentences as best she can–if she manages to get to that point–and practice speaking with juncohaze. her teaching style will rub off on fortune and show her the kind of cat her mama is at heart, so she can grow to respect and appreciate this mentor figure that she would not have a chance to have around her all the time. the language is a tie to cats she won't see often, and will then hold meaning to her as she develops and mean a lot to her.

fidelitykit .. del .. older sister .. link .. dynamic

felicitykit .. fel .. older sister .. link .. dynamic


fracturekit .. little brother .. based off limited lore .. fortune will be shaken when she learns about fracturekit. how can cats be so fragile? how could she have lost someone, and feel this grief, without knowing the cat? what would have happened if fracture had survived? would fracture have been a better or worse cat, how would he have reacted to learning they have family in skyclan? there will be a part of her, silently twisting thinking of this cat she should have had a chance to meet, a life snatched away too early. this will make it shockingly clear to her how fragile and tentative life is, how easily it can be crushed and taken away. when she starts creating things, fortune will weave wreaths and chains of clovers and other plants, leaving them wherever fracturekit was buried and marking the place(provided it is accessible to her). when struggling with problems, she might go talk to the ground there in hopes of reaching fracture's ears, and practice warrior moves around the site both for the silence and in hopes of silently teaching him things he should have been able to learn.


{ ❝ I pretend that I have changed as a human ❞ }

plot idea : life
- relationships with outside family
- psychology

(alright let me go back to normal capitalization for ideas..)

Fortune's relationship with her family in SkyClan is, understandably, more strained and weak than her relationship with Howlingfright. She cannot see them as often, and everything hinges on seeing them at the border and gathering. It'll be awkward trying to reach out and get to understand and know these cats who she won't have heard much about for six moons. They are practically strangers.. but they are her family. She will do her best to strike up a conversation and talk with them whenever she can see them, catch her sisters and quietly try and understand them. Despite wanting to know them, she will initially keep her barriers up- she has heard little about them, she knows them only as names and faint descriptions. She may give them flowers she finds or small things that wouldn't hurt ThunderClan to give away, particularly to Juncohaze, as trade for anything he gives her. Hopefully, she will become close enough to them through soft inquiries about days and gentle advice that she can call them all friends. Advanced family beyond her littermates and parents she won't poke into as much if they're outside of the Clan- if they are still in ThunderClan, she will certainly try and get to know them, but it won't be at the absolute forefront of her mind.

Okay so this was touched on above and I'll build on a little bit of it below, but Fortune will take an interest in psychology, even without knowing what it is. She wants to know how the mind works, and use this to accomplish things herself. When she has a grudge or a dislike, she will try and use the cat's head to her advantage and enact her revenge. Below, when she intentionally startles cats, and at other times, when she gives gifts and comforts cats she doesn't like but pretends to, she's quietly training their minds. When Fortune is around, some will be on edge, and others will feel instantly comforted by her presence. She can make herself seem like an angel to specific cats, and when those others act like she's a poison, make them appear crazy. She won't attack through claws, but through psychological factors, and, potentially, backhanded compliments and sugary words.


srp sample .. fortunekit . 4 moons . demonstrating her use of psychology

x


{ ❝ But I'll wake tomorrow just to fall into a new sin ❞ }

plot idea : design / personality
- okay okay tail
- witchy vibes / bat-moth
- collector (mushrooms!!) / fashion fascination

I was goinggg to try and draw her tail braided just for this, but despite having photos of braids, I am. Not capable of drawing them unfortunately, so I just. Filled space drawing her tail in different positions instead.. anyway anyway I was trying to think up ideas earlier for initial notes–since I have a habit of stepping away from projects for a while and losing the plans I had, so I wanted something to work with–and her tail just. Caught my attention. I was drawing her based off a mix of the OG art and the Yuna art, you see(OG for haunch/legs/tail and Yuna for headshot), and OG art really displayed her tail, and I thought it looked a little like a whip, right? Cat tails aren't exactly prehensile, but they can snap back and forth rather quickly(like a reed, my brain is whispering). I've also been experimenting lately with little snippets of writing to separate parts of my application comments(so if you go to the bottom, there are four little story blurbs separating chunks), and compared her tail to a snake. With this in mind, and the fact that Fortune appears to have long fur, I was thinking that she might learn to braid and braid her tail, which could appear reminiscent to snake scales if the braids are done tight. It also holds a whiplike appearance, and I'm playing with the idea of her flicking it and making something snap to startle prey when hunting and unnerve her enemies. So she'll be walking up and she'll crack her tail off something and it will make this distinctive pop so that others are on edge. If she doesn't like a cat, she can make her tail click off something and startle them trying to sleep, giving them insomnia or something. Since she is ThunderClan, there will be plenty an opportunity to sneak up and scare cats she doesn't like, too- she won't frame it as a confrontation, rather a coincidence.

In addition, Fortunekit has some witchy vibes. Maybe it's the way Juna's art of her ribbons makes them look like bat wings, the deeper colors dominating most of her pelt, the visual novel I read recently, or the fact that her eyes remind of Shiori's model. I dunno. But she feels witchy to me, and I choose to see her head fur and downturned ears as the wings of a moth, and the headband ribbons as bat wings. Both, due to my brief looking into, symbolize rebirth, and since they're around her face/head I want her to have some enlightenment that changes her perspective of the world fairly early on, as a kit. This might as well be when she learns about her SkyClan kin and Fracturekit's stillbirth(cats have their eyes closed for a few weeks after birth- I believe she was told Fracturekit passed, not the specifics on how or when, just that it was before she opened her eyes), since both are truths that I think would have been concealed from her by Howlingfright, since it wouldn't look very good if the deputy had a mate and kits outside of the Clan, would it? Anyway, this rebirth/rewriting of her early life–an invaluable tenet that shapes a massive part of who you are as a person–will cause her to change in some of her behaviors. She will have this realization that cats from outside of ThunderClan can still be trusted, and that her father, one of the most loyal cats, trusted some. To my very limited understanding of tfcrp lore, ThunderClan is separate from the other Clans- either they moved territories a bit or heightened borders, and within camp, there would likely still be a split between cats for and against this change. She will hear good and bad things about the other Clans–forming her cynical outlook–but now she has to accept that she was half from one of them. Instead of blindly distrusting, she will find that she must at least give these other cats a chance before jumping to conclusions about them. This is the rebirth of her thoughts. Also, I would like to say, her witchy vibes are peaceful witchy vibes, not malicious witchy vibes.

tw: insects, minor death, dissection

I've already touched on this a little bit, but Fortune is a collector. She likes plants, and will collect them. Flowers, leaves, berries. Anything shiny or sparkly will hold her interest, too- beetles, butterflies, moths, gemstones; if she can find them, she will gather them. Cloths and fabrics left out when she's walking by will be swiped from Twoleg dwellings, kept, and turned into accessories. She wants arm covers? She'll swipe Twoleg cloth and take it apart and put it back together and work with it until she gets what she wants. She'll smash berries and petals and leaves and feathers and wings and stones until she has pigmentation, and will learn how to dye her belongings into things she wants. Fortune may gift her creations to cats she is very close to, flowers and ‘less valuable’ things to simple friends or friends. As an apprentice, she will venture around and find a quiet place to stash her belongings. Swiped Twoleg items like rings and necklaces and cloths, feathers and wings and fur she found, petals and leaves and berries and sprigs of plant she liked and decided to keep.. and in particular she will take an interest in mushrooms. Their soft, rounded caps and fragile stems.. and the fact that most wild animals that eat them perish shortly after. How can such a small thing have such a potent effect? Rune will be fascinated and find them wherever she can, carefully gathering and hiding them. She will also foster a deep love for luna moths, lizards, and fireflies, gathering luna moths she finds and stashing the corpses, while creating small vivariums when she can to trap lizards and fireflies. When she is young and doesn't see a problem with it, Fortune may tear the wings off fireflies to keep them stuck in her enclosure, and she will often experimentally trap and break off lizard tails. However, as she grows, she will come to see how this is actually harmful to the critters, and lose this practice, developing, instead, bark containers to keep fireflies and pits or traps for lizards. Anyway, due to her fascination with plants and wanting to learn more about them so she can collect them, Fortune will poke by the medics' more often, asking if she can help with anything and silently taking as much medic knowledge as she can. When she then finds beneficial plants, she'll take them to the medics. She will not be a medic apprentice if it is offered; I feel like her life will have more meaning as a warrior, and I have sculpted her around being a warrior apprentice. She may like plants, but she does not want to focus entirely on plants and their purposes. Medicinal usage is a hobby and a fascination, not what she wants for a job.


srp sample .. fortunepaw . 8 moons . demonstrating collector's soul

x


{ ❝ Out of luck, out of money, I was out of my mind ❞ }

plot idea : views on time/value
- effect of fracture death on her perspective
- view on beauty (temporary)
- archivist

When Fortune hears about Fracturekit's death, it's going to be shocking. How can life be so fragile and a living thing so easily broken, like silence or the stillness of water? She will feel suddenly sad, mourning a pelt she never saw and a cat she never got to meet, stunned by this. She could have shared the weight of her revelations and everything about their parentage and family with this brother, but the chance was yanked out from under her paws so quickly, so seamlessly that she had no idea. One small thing can destroy a cat's chance at life and a million other things from that point. The ending of something cannot be undone. This is when she starts stepping around antagonistic cats more carefully. They're already in the mood to pick a fight, and if something went too far, another cat's life could be undone. And this is also why she doesn't physically harm another cat; she'd hate to be the cause for someone losing a cat they relied on, even if she dislikes that cat. The mind can endure more than the pelt, and so when irritated or secretly harboring a grudge, she will aim for that mind, instead of the pelt accompanying it.

Fortune believes that temporary or fleeting things are also the most beautiful. Time, rain, frost. Raindrops shine with a million colors as they fall, consuming the world in their eyes as they plummet toward their demise, eternal and unending. Frost curls things into nothingness, but leaves them with a sparkling and beautiful shine that everyone can marvel at. Beautiful things are temporary, limited, and bring both ecstasy and sorrow. Snows can destroy a beloved flower, but leave you with a delightful map of white for you to marvel at. Rain turns the world dark and lends you a beautiful reprieve from scorching heat, but rain can cause disaster in specific conditions. And then there is time. Time creates memories that fade as more pile on, yet they are the most precious. They encapsulate things both so beautiful that you would never trade them and things so disastrous you would never want them to see the light of day, and locks them away within your mind, building an archive, a book, describing everything that has happened in your life. Everything that has shaped who you are, every decision and breath there, if faded and mislabeled at the back. Each life is packed with simultaneous joys and pains, beautiful stories wound together with misfortune and luck and tied off with a rose vine to be set on display. You prick your finger unraveling the story of yourself, but it's such a beautiful story, because it is undeniably yours. You will not find a person whose life is pure happiness nor one whose life is pure misery, but a lopsided combination of the two, and the very fact that such opposites can exist in harmony is stunningly beautiful. Ahem. These things should be treasured, appreciated- they will be gone soon, so marvel while you have the opportunity, Fortune believes.

Anyway, time is a concept Fortune is particularly fond of. She will treasure every memory of hers, even if it should be bitter or painful, and will seek to gather others', in addition to her own. When she speaks, she gathers little things about the cat who speaks back, storing the information she can. Every word to grace her ears has value, and it will only be valued when carried on by a cat who understands that. She does not only store living things with tangible edges and visceral beauty, but the scraps of memory that she can scratch together beneath her paws. She will tell her stories and things she has learned and demonstrate them to Fracture at his grave, believing that the more she recounts them the more they will be remembered, and that his spirit will take care of these precious things for her as he, too, uses them.


srp sample .. fortunepaw . 11 moons . demonstrating a talk session with fracture

x


{ ❝ Had enough being somebody nobody could find ❞ }

interview! .. I've seen this a lot, my text will be in bold and Fortune's will be in normal text.

*if I have time for this I gulp,, my list of things to do has increased I fear..


{ ❝ I left that behind, I put pain aside ❞ }

trivia / miscellaneous dump


.. view on religion, morals, and her alignment ..

x


.. loves / hates / fears ..

dandere dandere dandere



.. appearance or design related ..

i want fortune to appear slightly more androgynous or perhaps more ethereal.. the original artwork makes her seem more neutral to me, and I think it would be cool if she leaned visually into that as she grew. I don't know how I would do this, exactly, as I think it's mostly up to artist style, but I really do like the original art and keeping the versatile appearance would be cool.

In addition to Fortune's tail working as a makeshift whip, her ears, tail, and eyes are extremely expressive. Her tail is often shifting, twitching across the ground as she walks in case she needs to crack it and flicking up and around as not only the traditional mood indicator, but to pick up on things around her. My cat usually presses himself against a wall when he walks, and likewise, Fortunekit will often move with a side angled to a rough barrier so her whiskers can pick up on the space and she can stay partially in shadow. Her tail will shift more sporadically when she's nervous, slipping back and forth in sinuous, smooth serpentine curves when she's calm or otherwise at peace, will be raised off the ground entirely when she's excited, or pressed down between her hind paws when angry or afraid. Most of the time it trails behind her due to her calmer mindset, blending with the undergrowth, which is why its sudden crack is supposed to do so much. Let's talk about her ears and eyes now. Her ears are already angled down to the ground, and she will not move those as much apart from angling, but when they do, the movements are less, and her eyes make up for what is not so easily conveyed. When in horror, her eyes widen slightly, pupils contracting, and she lifts her chin, ears angling back and away from her head. This then shifts into a fear/anger response. If angry, her pupils dilate and she lowers her chin to cover her throat, ears often pressing back against her skull, and draws herself lower, so she can navigate more easily and be in a better position for combat. The only change to that is that when she's afraid, she stands a bit taller and her tail is generally twitching as an indicator of nervousness. If happy, her eyes settle into this calm state they are drawn in by the official artists, and her ears will resume normal position.

okay this kitto's paws each have a different card suit on them and all I can think of is Pokajan! for absolutely no reason :rubbing temples: anyway, I was thinking each of her paws could represent a different thing about her, if that makes sense? blah I rifled through some sites, let me show..
heart . front right . summer . water . emotion . love . wild ivy / cypress .
diamond . front left . autumn . earth . wealth . practicality . saffron crocus / olive tree .
spade . hind right . winter . air . power . intellect . oak / bay laurel tree .
club . hind left . spring . fire . growth . determination . wild peony / white poplar .
so I found that suits often represent a season and an element, then two traits or qualities.. so I found some plants that are supposed to symbolize or represent those. Since Fortune is a collector, I was thinking she could find these leaves and flowers and make accessories or stylize her fur using them as a way of expressing this? I dunno my brain is taking a break right now, hope that makes enough sense I sob..

ribbon headband/ribbon collar .. Also,, inspired by her main inspiration, I'm playing with the idea of her turning her headband and collar into a veil/jabot.. if you look at the Stardust Capsule MV/shortened version linked below, go to 0:54 timestamp, you can sorta see the veil idea I have. Um anyway, since Fortune is a collector and will be receiving flowers from Juncohaze, she might incorporate these into her accessories. These cloths, though, will be repurposed when they grow worn, and she will snatch free cloths from Twolegs if she ever sees any. She can dye them and practice making things of them.


.. theme songs / voice ..

Apart from Stardust Capsule as a theme song, I have gathered several other songs I think would fit Fortunekit as theme songs- these with confirmed, official translations instead of fan attempts. I will talk about them below; please keep in mind this is how I see the lyrics- I haven't heard the artists talk about these songs, so I'm working off what I see in them based off of the lyrics and background I have on the type of songs the artist(s) make.

【holodori】“Stardust Capsule” Ninomae Ina'nis (Full ver.) or 【holodori】“Stardust Capsule” Ninomae Ina'nis (Official Music Video)
Due to no lyric translations yet, I just want to link the full version and the separate, shortened version for you to look at, not break it down.

『VIOLET』 - Ninomae Ina'nis
Alright so this is one of the first Holo songs I heard, and Ina's songs are generally calmer and more relaxed. This song has a lot of cool things about it- such as the part where if you count the letters in the “fecel, lemienne, phei” part, the numbers when strung together are the hex code for violet. The art Ina drew herself, and for some of her other MVs including the upcoming Abyssal Hymn, she has done the same. The speaker talks about no matter how desperately you try to hold on to something, time will pass and fade the memories. Seasons change and one moment you thought was ironclad and etched into your brain will fragment, until you can only remember some. Even when you try and retrace your steps, you can't regain everything that has been lost to time, only those pieces. And when it's nighttime and you're restless, your mind will often hop onto these memories and you will find yourself thinking about them, making you wish for those days again. Ah, for the record, Abyssal Hymn is one of my ideal theme songs for Fortune! It's a very beautiful song.

【Ado】0
0 is about the struggle to fit in, handle, and comprehend society and its pressures. The lyrics start with the singer describing fighting their foes with a QWERTY keyboard, laughing and calling out the people who think only their opinion could be right. The speaker mocks their ditching of responsibility for false truths, using the “logic of a data collector” to skim only the surface. They express that it is difficult for them to flaunt their emotion, as it cannot be contained in what is provided, and that society's pressures can't be brushed off and labeled under something as simple as anxiety. The lyrics paint their mind as exhausted and describe them as walking down a path by pure chance, not intention. Truth is defined as falsehoods, with there being nothing purely true, the word simply defining an unreachable thing people wish for, like being right. They say they keep getting reset to zero and having to carry everything back to where it was on their own. They are described as rethinking everything, trying to accept everyone, and living with contradictions, something that bolsters their pride. At the end, they are explained as searching for what their heart wants and wishing they could fully accept everything. They greet the light and the vision they had forgotten, saying that only their prayer stays in their confused mind.

ReGLOSS - Worth it (Juufuutei Raden & Todoroki Hajime) OFFICIAL MV
The first thing I noticed about this song is its calm, jazzy vibe compared to a lot of Hajime songs. The song discusses beauty, starting with calling every little thing in the world lovely in its own way. The speaker marvels at the beauty of petals drifting on water and watching the clouds, saying an unchained imagination can spin immense worth upon things normally overlooked. The chorus then goes on to say how you perceive something is what makes it important, not the words of others. “Your honest heart brings me to tears, its beauty eclipses all” implies the speaker believes the individuality of perspective is the most beautiful thing they have ever heard. “It's the worth that only you can hold” supports this, I think! “This treasure, a diorama that's mine alone” describes how they hold personal truths and stories first, feeling them precious and invaluable. Anyway, it goes on talking about perspective and how perspective is what makes you your own individual, and how it should be treasured- and others' accepted. One of the lines that stands out between that is “If I made you my biggest fan, I apologize”, shows that they don't want to be idolized, they would rather live as a normal person. It is worth it, worth it, worth it, worth it to see things your own way compared to just going along with someone else's viewpoints. I love this song sososo much, I would highly recommend listening to it yourself! Re:GLOSS has a lot of amazing/cool music similar to this, like Midsummer Citrus and Hour Time Yellow.


voice claim as a kit would probably be Nanashi Mumei, adult voice claim would be Ninomae Ina'nis.


.. inspirations ..

inspirations

okayyy let's start with Ninomae Ina'nis, major inspiration! Apart from having Stardust Capsule, Abyssal Hymn, and VIOLET as theme songs, a lot of Fortune's vibes are inspired by Ina. She's very calm and quiet, more softspoken, and very passionate, to the point where she would yap about food and got hired into Hololive for it. She's a very sweet person, drawing often and having this peaceful aura that is immediately soothing. In her lore (VTuber = virtual idol = selfsona model = they can have lore) she picked up a book and gained magic from it, and she has some of the most cozy designs even with kraken-esque tentacles. Her fan name is takodachi, and she has the WAH - we are happy, we are hopeful, we are heaven-sent are examples of the WAH; any positive statement including “we are” and a positive word starting with ‘h’. She has a mostly purple scheme, and would take pictures of food (she and Mumei were yapping on an art stream two years ago) so she could have the memories. I like Ina's personality, her music, and her art, I'm glad I've been able to catch her lives and listen to her music, since I haven't been able to do that with talents like Mumei, who left before I joined the community. Ina's calmer and more gentle vibe, as well as her originals, serve as a minor inspiration for Fortune.

right now here we go with Juufuutei Raden! So Raden is from the Re:GLOSS branch, and I can't watch her content a lot without a translation, but she talks very fast, Hololive actually helped her break a bad habit, and she's a museum curator. She does rap and has an original rap out as a testament to this, and debuted with Otonose Kanade, Ichijou Ririka, Todoroki Hajime, and Hiodoshi Ao. The first content with her I consumed was a collaboration cover with Ao-kun for Cendrillon. Anyway, she's very artsy and has apparently brought up art and gone on tangents about it live. Roughly one minute ago literally one minute ago I stumbled across Maitake Guru Guru dance short, apparently that went viral a while ago, I dunno but it's certainly something! I don't know an absolute ton about Raden, but she's cool and I respect her a lot. Also hasn't landed herself a place on Subaru's end-of-year Oozora Police thing yet, which Riona voluntarily got herself on last year(Riona being in the group for less time).. anyway I think Raden's great, between her being known for being artsy and Worth it, I decided to use her as a minor inspiration. Also, her palette is sort of close to Fortune's, thought that was cool!

ah yes Shiorin, Shiori Novella, “Hololive Advent's archiver” and my starting character for Holodori.. the girlie who's original song got bumped over 800k views! I was there for the premiere and I've been here as a fan since I got into Holo, so twas important to me.. but that's straying from the point! Shiori lore (oh yes, they all have lore, I usually ignore it) defines her as an archivist, who saves information and sort of knows everything. Fortune similarly wants to save information. She's known for using scissors like chopsticks and trauma dumping live, and was contemplating a chapstick-tasting stream last I knew(much to our concern I sob). She and Vestia Zeta are also an amazing combo fyi side note.. greyscalex i chant greyscalex.. anyway! Mainly her in-lore stashing of ideas and memories is what got me thinking about Fortune, along with her canonically amber eyes and the fact that in both fanmade and official media, people often draw her with her eyes glowing.. tis not relevant, though, tis not! Anyway, very small, very minor inspiration when I was coming up with Fortune.

last point here we go- so when I was younger I found this book series, the Inheritance Cycle. I really enjoyed reading this book, and my favorite character since introduction has and always will be Angela. She was originally fashioned off the author's sister, and she's an eccentric herbalist with a key point in the story. Without her, the story would have stopped after book one, and I wouldn't have had as much of a good time reading later books. She has her own story, too; I don't know if it's fully out yet or if it will forever just be an excerpt in The Fork, The Witch, and The Worm, but it was fun to read a few years ago. She's somewhat spiritual and always fun when on paper… Angela was also first introduced holding a toad. She said as much. Yet she then argued that no, she was holding only a frog. If there are no toads, there would be no bad luck as a result of the superstitions around toads. As a short and impressionable person, this has stuck with me for a while, and you can witch hunt me if you want but I believe that toads are just frogs. Toads are a subcategory of frog, like an arctic fox is a subcategory of fox. Not all foxes are arctic foxes and not all frogs are toads, but all toads are frogs and all arctic foxes are foxes. Anyway, Fortune's collector spirit is inspired by Angela, as will be her spiritual beliefs.



uhm side note about INSOMNIAC BLACK / Hololive - Mori Calliope is a member of Hololive. She didn't know much about it when she applied, she just wanted a better job. She was really stiff and afraid of being girly for her first year or so, but it's been six years and she's embraced her cutesy side and makes a habit of telling some stories. She had a musical career before Holo, the change in the lyrics being moving from that into Hololive. The company has helped a lot of the members such as Marine out of things like black companies and broke situations(both of which she experienced- and she now pays small creators a lot for her anime-style MVs, so that she can support them), and hearing/seeing clips of the girls talking about it always makes me happy. Songs like Blue World, enough, and Blue and Gold (dedicated to two Holo members who left by their friend) talk about personal experiences. This is also why these are some of the only songs that will make me cry. Anyway, I wanted to say that.

{ ❝ I sought change and payed for going in blind ❞ }

Last edited by Mapleshade1111 (Sept. 11, 2026 22:32:23)

Powered by DjangoBB