Discuss Scratch

Placeholder123457
Scratcher
25 posts

Stickman Rougelike Development

Hello its Placeholder I'm making a Rougelike game. By the time this first post is made I've made 2 alpha versions those consisted of 8 directional movement with Dashing and combat with working knockback and blocking. right now I'm working on enemy ai which includes detection range enemy chasing you when you are in that range. this is a fairly big project and I will keep you updated! Stay tuned I'll make a update when I finish alpha 3.
Let me know what I should add and what types of weapons you'd like to see.


-Placeholder

Last edited by Placeholder123457 (Aug. 22, 2026 23:46:49)

Placeholder123457
Scratcher
25 posts

Stickman Rougelike Development

Alpha 3 - Enemy AI part 1
Added detection system that utilizes the distance from sensing block pairing this with a range variable to give the enemy a detection range

added chase script that makes the enemy chase the player upon being detected collision also works with this (not Knockback)

added combat to enemy similar to the player reworking my previous attempt.


Alpha 4 part 2 -
Added spacing script to prevent enemies from piling up on each other they now space out and slightly overlap and don't overlap the player either
Look at images below vvvv

added attack slot system so only a few enemies attack at once while others wait until its their turn

added data based enemy types using lists to assign properties allowing me to add different types of enemies with ease

added death and stun effects for polish

also added collision to both the enemy and player knock back this finished up the enemy Ai
I'm going to add weapons that vary in different classes that effect the weapon properties and attacks
Let me know how you guys feel about this


- Placeholder



The enemies not stacking up on the player


The enemies not stacking up on eachother

Last edited by Placeholder123457 (Aug. 24, 2026 02:47:35)

Placeholder123457
Scratcher
25 posts

Stickman Rougelike Development

Switched to turbowarp for way easier interface and features.

Alpha 5-6

Switched the hard coded variables out for lists that you can type the stats in

reworked the light and heavy checks to accommodate things like hitbox shape (cone line and radial) to weapons that do multiple hits at one(ex: daggers light attack)

added properties like hyper armor this makes it so the weapon attack doesn't get interrupted if the player gets hit while winding up

added weapon classes (sword daggers greatsword and spear) alongside 4 weapons all with certain themes and custom animations (2 frame + 1 windup frame for light and 3 + 1 light attack for heavy) greatsword is my favorite so I added a spin script to match its radial hitbox for heavy

also fixed knock back pushing enemies all in one direction instead of what their position is while being hit.

I'm still adding stuff like special abilities and passive effects but I wanted to dish out a update since its taking a while

Images below vvvvvv (I haven't made the spear yet just its properties)


-Placeholder


Sword



Daggers



Greatsword



Spear
(just picture it in your mind )



Placeholder123457
Scratcher
25 posts

Stickman Rougelike Development

Okay, just finshed the other half of the weapons system which includes special abilities and passives I gave the passive to the sword and the ability to the daggers. the passive is longer dash distance(boring I know) I plan to add really cool passives that change a lot about your weapon like adding parrying for certain weapons, the ability is basically a dash that attacks everything that touches it, its very op and will receive a balance later on, this was really fun to mess around with but also took very long (due to me getting burn out), I also gave the weapons their own rarity and made a weight script that will be used later for a rewards system but now that that is complete I will work on the enemy expansion, adding classes pathfinding special behaviors different idle behaviors 9 like patrolling or wandering around) and ranged enemies!

Stay tuned!


-Placeholder

Last edited by Placeholder123457 (Sept. 12, 2026 20:35:11)

Powered by DjangoBB