Discuss Scratch

GenericCircleGuy
Scratcher
100+ posts

Need Help With Clone Deletion Order

I'm coding a drawing thing that uses clones, and I want to make it so that when there's a certain amount of clones, the clone that was made first will get deleted (then the second one, then the third one, etc.). Is there any way to do this in Scratch?

Here is the project: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/1369215779
10goto10
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Need Help With Clone Deletion Order

Keeping a list of the clones and their state will work. I made a remix that does this: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/1369238324/

I've added a list of the clones to show the state of each one. When the count of clones is over 299 then the oldest active clone is deleted using this new clone list.
GenericCircleGuy
Scratcher
100+ posts

Need Help With Clone Deletion Order

10goto10 wrote:

Keeping a list of the clones and their state will work. I made a remix that does this: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/1369238324/

I've added a list of the clones to show the state of each one. When the count of clones is over 299 then the oldest active clone is deleted using this new clone list.
Thanks! I'll be sure to credit you in the instructions of the project!

Powered by DjangoBB