Discuss Scratch
- Discussion Forums
- » Help with Scripts
- » How do you set the render order of sprites in a top-down game?
- jackrhy
-
New Scratcher
3 posts
How do you set the render order of sprites in a top-down game?
Hello, I have a top-down game with differnt sprites. How do I set the lower y-axis sprite to be rendered first, and the higher y-axis sprite to be rendered last?
I tried to have a loop to set the render order of different sprites based on their y-axis, but this doesn't seem working.
How should I do it?
I tried to have a loop to set the render order of different sprites based on their y-axis, but this doesn't seem working.
forever
go to [back v] layer
go [forward v] ((y position) * (-1)) layers
end
How should I do it?
- ITS_DINO_XD
-
Scratcher
100+ posts
How do you set the render order of sprites in a top-down game?
Hello, I have a top-down game with differnt sprites. How do I set the lower y-axis sprite to be rendered first, and the higher y-axis sprite to be rendered last?luckily I had a unshared project just for this, I shared it now, check it out at https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/1350949028/
I tried to have a loop to set the render order of different sprites based on their y-axis, but this doesn't seem working.forever
go to [back v] layer
go [forward v] ((y position) * (-1)) layers
end
How should I do it?
- jackrhy
-
New Scratcher
3 posts
How do you set the render order of sprites in a top-down game?
Thanks a lot! It does solve the layering problem.
- Discussion Forums
- » Help with Scripts
-
» How do you set the render order of sprites in a top-down game?