Discuss Scratch
- Discussion Forums
- » Suggestions
- » More file supports
- itsUncraftee
-
Scratcher
34 posts
More file supports
I know this idea might be hard to implement, but it'll be very useful. This will save us all so much time instead of using file converters! I keep downloading different sound files for my games, but I have to convert them since they're .mpeg, so they need to become .mp3! And I get .webp, and that needs converted to a .png! I hate taking this much time, so we need new supported file types.
Examples of random file types needed: .mp4, .webp, .mpeg, .heic, .aac, .ac3, .aif, .aifc, .aiff, etc.
Examples of random file types needed: .mp4, .webp, .mpeg, .heic, .aac, .ac3, .aif, .aifc, .aiff, etc.
Last edited by itsUncraftee (Aug. 14, 2026 11:56:12)
- ChristianScratcher1
-
Scratcher
1000+ posts
More file supports
Support!
Supporting more file types is more helpful so people don't have to rely on interenet converters if they aren't aware abt renaming files
wait since when were jpegs unsupported?
Supporting more file types is more helpful so people don't have to rely on interenet converters if they aren't aware abt renaming files
wait since when were jpegs unsupported?
- blackcow29
-
Scratcher
1000+ posts
More file supports
wait since when were jpegs unsupported?They are supported.
And actually, one interesting thing about them is that if the JPEG has a transparent background, it will upload with a white one…and it’ll also be in bitmap. So, JPEGs are kinda useless if you want transparent backgrounds.

- itsUncraftee
-
Scratcher
34 posts
More file supports
Oh, wait, .jpeg files are supported. Oops.
Last edited by itsUncraftee (July 16, 2026 21:55:51)
- Supadoopacoolrizz666
-
Scratcher
13 posts
More file supports
when green flag clicked
say [MP4s.]
Last edited by Supadoopacoolrizz666 (Aug. 14, 2026 11:53:36)
- itsUncraftee
-
Scratcher
34 posts
More file supports
when green flag clicked
say [MP4s.]
Added to original comment. (I'm adding more file supports by editing the original comment)
- Discussion Forums
- » Suggestions
-
» More file supports