Discuss Scratch

Zelda13246
Scratcher
11 posts

Updates! Feb 13th, 2015

killoilll wrote:

How come I am only able to make four cloud varibles and some other scratchers make lots more.
I don't have scratch installed is that why I can't?

Ohh no some Scratcher are awesome, this scratcher decode List to a Cloud Variable and so you can make Cloud Lists

XD

(see Hogwarts Beta from mfairy)

http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/41447306/

Bobbyguy1
Scratcher
100+ posts

Updates! Feb 13th, 2015

Hey! I love updates. New sprites? sign me up!!!
Customizable Featured Project Panel
We now have the ability to customize our “Featured Project” panel on our profile page. You can select from 6 presets:

- Featured Project
- Featured Tutorial
- Work In Progress
- Remix This!
- My Favorite Things
- Why I Scratch

To do this: Go to Featured Project panel on your profile. Hover over your featured project, and then click “Change Featured Project.” Then simply pick one of the presets from the drop-down menu on that page.

Design a Valentine
Look for the new heart sprites and “Design a Valentine” tutorial in the Tips Window.

Password Protecting Empty Trash
You'll now need to enter your password to “Empty Trash” aka permanently delete your projects.

Gamer | Male | Scratcher | Funny | Creative | Friendly

TankBroom21
Scratcher
3 posts

Updates! Feb 13th, 2015

Where Can I find Them
TankBroom21
Scratcher
3 posts

Updates! Feb 13th, 2015

NeverMind They Are Very Cool
say [AWESOME]
supermegerdog
Scratcher
37 posts

Updates! Feb 13th, 2015

Zro716 wrote:

speakvisually wrote:

Email Confirmation
We're now requesting user's confirm their email address when creating a new Scratch account. Confirming your email address will enable your account to leave comments, share projects, and create studios. We will send you an email after registration with a link to confirm your account. All you need to do is click that link. Pretty simple, eh?

You're not required to confirm you email address. However, unconfirmed accounts will only be able to make and save unshared projects.

All accounts made before this update do not need to confirm their email address to leave comments, share projects, and create studios, etc. It's as if nothing changed.

Why do this? A couple reasons! 1) We're planning to release Scratch email updates soon! So, we want to make sure we're sending updates to working email addresses. 2) We've seen a lot trouble around password reseting and incorrect and / or fake email addresses. It's important the email is working to make this process work smoothly.
ooh, you're making great progress! I'd just wish I could learn more about these email updates. is there a possibility of also using these confirmed email addresses to subscribe to our messages while we're offline?

edit: I like the orange color to the “Send” button in the email settings page. nice to see something different than the mundane blue button.

edit2: okay I have now confirmed my email address and absolutely love the page for it. although the search bar is squished upward, and the button does nothing at that point (does it?)
Customizable Featured Project Panel
We now have the ability to customize our “Featured Project” panel on our profile page. You can select from 6 presets:

- Featured Project
- Featured Tutorial
- Work In Progress
- Remix This!
- My Favorite Things
- Why I Scratch

To do this: Go to Featured Project panel on your profile. Hover over your featured project, and then click “Change Featured Project.” Then simply pick one of the presets from the drop-down menu on that page.
THANK YOU!!!!!! but I feel the work-in-progress option might encourage users to share their works early and cause them to lose motivation in working on them… but I like this update!
Design a Valentine
Look for the new heart sprites and “Design a Valentine” tutorial in the Tips Window.
okay!
Password Protecting Empty Trash
You'll now need to enter your password to “Empty Trash” aka permanently deleting your projects.
okay then

thank you very much for the updates.
I think that's cool
super cool supermegerdog

Last edited by supermegerdog (March 1, 2015 15:15:17)

Spotty115
Scratcher
11 posts

Updates! Feb 13th, 2015

what is this all about?
Catgirl555
Scratcher
100+ posts

Updates! Feb 13th, 2015

Sounds like a good update!

A signature is a small piece of text that is attached to your posts. In it, you can enter just about anything you like. Perhaps you would like to enter your favourite quote or your star sign. It's up to you! In your signature you can use BBCode if it is allowed in this particular forum. You can see the features that are allowed/enabled listed below whenever you edit your signature.

Bobbyguy1
Scratcher
100+ posts

Updates! Feb 13th, 2015

Happy

Bobbyguy1
Scratcher
100+ posts

Updates! Feb 13th, 2015

Scratch is awesome!
We need more sprites!!!!!

hypersonic04
Scratcher
43 posts

Updates! Feb 13th, 2015

hey does any of you add how to on help

Last edited by hypersonic04 (March 2, 2015 05:28:04)

hi
JSE2001
Scratcher
100+ posts

Updates! Feb 13th, 2015

Sounds great! I hope this will stop account spammers.

hypersonic04
Scratcher
43 posts

Updates! Feb 13th, 2015

no i meant step by step guides

hi
rer24
Scratcher
9 posts

Updates! Feb 13th, 2015

Some of these updates sound important, but I have recently found a project showing which blocks should be added in the near future. http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/10880624/ I especially could use the <_____ received?> block. please reply (best if on my account so I know) if you will try to add these!
hypersonic04
Scratcher
43 posts

Updates! Feb 13th, 2015

got that right

hi
FredWeasly
Scratcher
6 posts

Updates! Feb 13th, 2015

Wow…
Daring_Sailor
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Updates! Feb 13th, 2015

Sounds good!
say [Updates!] for (2) secs

hypersonic04
Scratcher
43 posts

Updates! Feb 13th, 2015

how are you getting those blocks

hi
StandardToaster
Scratcher
100+ posts

Updates! Feb 13th, 2015

The_Grits wrote:

Sweet! Sounds like a great update!
I agree, it seems like an awesome update! I already changed my featured project title thingy-mabobber!

maturgo22
Scratcher
4 posts

Updates! Feb 13th, 2015

when backdrop switches to [ v]
maturgo22
Scratcher
4 posts

Updates! Feb 13th, 2015

when backdrop switches to [HAPPY DANCE TIME]
say [AWESOME SAUCE]