Discuss Scratch

njpucillo
Scratcher
8 posts

Badges/Achievements

Me and my friend were thinking that it would be cool to have a achievement/badge feature where users can create their own rewards for completing challenges in their game. That reward can then be posted on a user's profile (with a little thumbnail and description for the badge) for brag rights, or possibly a feature that searches if a user has a certain badge then special bonuses in some projects can be unlocked. There could even be badges earned for doing takes on the site like commenting or entering a design studio. I don't know, really I'm just thinking out loud, a lot of other sites are doing this and I'd think it'd be cool to make my own (or have the community make their own).

Hope you take this into consideration
dvd4
Scratcher
100+ posts

Badges/Achievements

When GF clicked
{
*give achievement to dvd4*
}

I gawd a aceevemente !

do you get my argument ?


YOU WILL REMEMBER MY NAME
Failord
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Badges/Achievements

Eh, really unneccesary, and it would totally change the way people use and view Scratch. It'll make people focus more on achievements and less on learning to program. Scratch is more educational than this.

This has been suggested before. It's one of those things people want that really wouldn't be good for the site, that appear okay at first, but when you think a little deeper on it, won't work. Like for instance, changing usernames, some kind of Scratch currency, etc.

I'm sorry, but the ST has all kinds of work to do, and they are too busy to add anything new. Plus I'm alost positive they'll shoot it down anyway.

Thanks for the ride, Scratch Team and community! Unfortunately, the time has come for me to move on from Scratch, so I'll no longer be using the forums. Thanks again, and farewell!
Invisible text! This will show you if a profile I claim to be mine IS mine. Just remember to visit the profile and see if I confirmed in the comments.
For old time's sake, see the revolutionary Laser Battle 2.0! Also see Unstoppable Game!

And no, the evil kumquats didn't alter my signature…
jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Badges/Achievements

Failord wrote:

Eh, really unneccesary, and it would totally change the way people use and view Scratch. It'll make people focus more on achievements and less on learning to program. Scratch is more educational than this.

This has been suggested before. It's one of those things people want that really wouldn't be good for the site, that appear okay at first, but when you think a little deeper on it, won't work. Like for instance, changing usernames, some kind of Scratch currency, etc.

I'm sorry, but the ST has all kinds of work to do, and they are too busy to add anything new. Plus I'm alost positive they'll shoot it down anyway.
I agree with this.


I used to be very active on the forums, but now mostly just work on the Wiki.
Check out FutureBB 1.4, the latest and greatest forum system out there!

Computers make very fast, very accurate mistakes.









honeypot
Rhohann
New to Scratch
3 posts

Badges/Achievements

totally agree with this - would be good for identifying educators and others

njpucillo wrote:

Me and my friend were thinking that it would be cool to have a achievement/badge feature where users can create their own rewards for completing challenges in their game. That reward can then be posted on a user's profile (with a little thumbnail and description for the badge) for brag rights, or possibly a feature that searches if a user has a certain badge then special bonuses in some projects can be unlocked. There could even be badges earned for doing takes on the site like commenting or entering a design studio. I don't know, really I'm just thinking out loud, a lot of other sites are doing this and I'd think it'd be cool to make my own (or have the community make their own).

Hope you take this into consideration
Rumanti
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Badges/Achievements

Badges = Competition
Competition = Less learning
Less learning = Not the meaning of Scratch

superninja109
Scratcher
25 posts

Badges/Achievements

This is totally unesscecary. Unless you just mean putting achievments in games that people make that do not show up anywhere else then I am fine.
But if they were what the first post suggested then the most dedicated scratchers would be underappreiciated because they dont play as many games but they program more, see animations, etc just because of this idea if it came true

Superninja109:) Check out an awesome game HERE
Also check out this awesome studio HERE

Epic fail script:
when green flag clicked
stop [all scripts v]
mitopolis
Scratcher
100+ posts

Badges/Achievements

-infinity

My signature just ate your evil kumquat!
when green flag clicked
forever
if <I am spamming::sensing>then
Stop Spamming
end


































































































































































define stop spamming
RPFluffy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Badges/Achievements

Rumanti wrote:

Badges = Competition
Competition = Less learning
Less learning = Not the meaning of Scratch

Not true
Competition = Flame War
Flame War = EVIL COMMUNITY

Also, this has also been suggested before and been denied as it would be kinda like Oh he has lots of achievements I should follow him and then it just makes people angry and etc. P.S. Scratch isn't about fame.

Last edited by RPFluffy (Sept. 29, 2014 00:22:27)


Nothing Is EVER 100%, that is just an assumption.















Some important links: Here and here or need help click Here. Eats followers, Loves helping people.
My “..” and “…” are not spelling mistakes, it means that they are ways of telling someone that I can continue more about it and that the sentence isn't ended the best way. I like putting new indents and lines so I can split up what I am talking about.




































Some important links: Here and here or need help click Here. Eats followers, Loves helping people. Check this MMO out! Kiwi = Support WHAT THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE: Through the drop down ;)
if <> :: control cstart

else :: control
end
OmnipotentPotato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Badges/Achievements

Isn't this in the sticky?
RPFluffy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Badges/Achievements

OmnipotentPotato wrote:

Isn't this in the sticky?

I think it is..

Nothing Is EVER 100%, that is just an assumption.















Some important links: Here and here or need help click Here. Eats followers, Loves helping people.
My “..” and “…” are not spelling mistakes, it means that they are ways of telling someone that I can continue more about it and that the sentence isn't ended the best way. I like putting new indents and lines so I can split up what I am talking about.




































Some important links: Here and here or need help click Here. Eats followers, Loves helping people. Check this MMO out! Kiwi = Support WHAT THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE: Through the drop down ;)
if <> :: control cstart

else :: control
end
MushroomMan99
Scratcher
100+ posts

Badges/Achievements

Scratch is for programming. Not gaming.

when green flag clicked
if <(language) = [English ]> then

say [Everything is Awesome!] for (2) secs
end
if <(language) = [French ]> then

say [Tout est super-genial!] for (2) secs
end
if <(language) = [Italian ]> then

say [E meraviglioso!] for (2) secs
end
if <(language) = [Spanish ]> then

say [Todo es fabuloso!] for (2) secs
end
Paddle2See
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

Badges/Achievements

Thanks for the suggestion - but it doesn't really fit in with our philosophy for the site at this time.

Scratch Team Member, kayak enthusiast, and servant to multiple cats.

;

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile