Discuss Scratch

LionsStair
Scratcher
100+ posts

Get Rid Of Loves

I am starting to realize how almost pointless loves are, I think there should be only a favorite because loving just increases how much fame the scratcher is getting. Loves really doesn't have much of a decent purpose but increase fame and make people mostly look at them. Also, if they were to save what you loved then it would have the same purpose as favorite.

Heheh, now I disagree with my own post xD

Last edited by LionsStair (Jan. 31, 2015 14:03:40)


If I said no support highlight this from “Hi” to “AWESOME”:
Hi this isThink about your suggestion, was it going to benefit a majority of scratchers, did it have cons to a specific group, was it fully based on YOUR opinion, did you put some thought into the idea, simply forgot to read the sticky, has little pros, no purposeful reason, was there something wrong with scratch? If any of these apply to you think about your post, either revise it or close it.AWESOME
If I said support highlight this from “Hi” to “COOL”:
Hi I think this isDo you think you could add to your suggestion, or do you wish to keep it the same? Doesn't matter as long as people support it!!COOL




















Because I can do stuff Highlight:If you followed my instructions, I will give you a free stuffollow
Check out my feed here! List of my favorite music



















Because I can do stuff:

Like this ^ and this v
You must be hallucinating!
automagiacally = automatically do something
If you don't get the pun: *Facepalm*
KUMQUATS ARE HERE TO EAT, EAT, EAT!









Remember to ALWAYS: Clicky That Sticky!

















A Lion's Stare is a neutral stare yet is filled with so many stairs of moods, it never hurts, or never loves, it never does, or never nothing. A Lion's Stare is a Stair.

Life's a mystery, yet so unfair,
DEAL WIT IT.

(Insert epic lion face here)
Prinseskat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Get Rid Of Loves

Really? No. They're not the same as favourites - if you love a project, you like it. They have a decent purpose - you want to tell the creator you like the project. If you favourite it, you can see it later. You want to tell the creator it's one of your favourites. A project you like might not necessarily be one you want to have displayed in your favourites, or I'd have 500+ things in there and I wouldn't be able to find one I favourited ages ago. I'm getting annoyed at all these “remove this great feature because it's only for fame” suggestions. No support.

haha funny kumquat meme
Scratchifier
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Get Rid Of Loves

You seem to be going off of the basis that all fame is bad? Then what differentiates hard work from no work?
LionsStair
Scratcher
100+ posts

Get Rid Of Loves

Scratchifier wrote:

You seem to be going off of the basis that all fame is bad? Then what differentiates hard work from no work?
More favs of course.

Prinseskat wrote:

Really? No. They're not the same as favourites - if you love a project, you like it. They have a decent purpose - you want to tell the creator you like the project. If you favourite it, you can see it later. You want to tell the creator it's one of your favourites. A project you like might not necessarily be one you want to have displayed in your favourites, or I'd have 500+ things in there and I wouldn't be able to find one I favourited ages ago. I'm getting annoyed at all these “remove this great feature because it's only for fame” suggestions. No support.
I NEVER said they were like favs.

If I said no support highlight this from “Hi” to “AWESOME”:
Hi this isThink about your suggestion, was it going to benefit a majority of scratchers, did it have cons to a specific group, was it fully based on YOUR opinion, did you put some thought into the idea, simply forgot to read the sticky, has little pros, no purposeful reason, was there something wrong with scratch? If any of these apply to you think about your post, either revise it or close it.AWESOME
If I said support highlight this from “Hi” to “COOL”:
Hi I think this isDo you think you could add to your suggestion, or do you wish to keep it the same? Doesn't matter as long as people support it!!COOL




















Because I can do stuff Highlight:If you followed my instructions, I will give you a free stuffollow
Check out my feed here! List of my favorite music



















Because I can do stuff:

Like this ^ and this v
You must be hallucinating!
automagiacally = automatically do something
If you don't get the pun: *Facepalm*
KUMQUATS ARE HERE TO EAT, EAT, EAT!









Remember to ALWAYS: Clicky That Sticky!

















A Lion's Stare is a neutral stare yet is filled with so many stairs of moods, it never hurts, or never loves, it never does, or never nothing. A Lion's Stare is a Stair.

Life's a mystery, yet so unfair,
DEAL WIT IT.

(Insert epic lion face here)
Scratchifier
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Get Rid Of Loves

LionsStair wrote:

Scratchifier wrote:

You seem to be going off of the basis that all fame is bad? Then what differentiates hard work from no work?
More favs of course.

Hmm, not sure about that. I personally like the two options currently. A favorite is for something that you like a ton, amazes you, or is a big game with hardly any glitches and good graphics, something that you would happily let take a bit of attention off of your profile page… a love is for something you want to just promote to your followers, or something that is good effort but not quite the next big thing in your opinion…

I don't support the removal of this extra option, as it also serves a few purposes that the favorite button does not.
CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Get Rid Of Loves

Scratchifier wrote:

LionsStair wrote:

Scratchifier wrote:

You seem to be going off of the basis that all fame is bad? Then what differentiates hard work from no work?
More favs of course.

Hmm, not sure about that. I personally like the two options currently. A favorite is for something that you like a ton, amazes you, or is a big game with hardly any glitches and good graphics, something that you would happily let take a bit of attention off of your profile page… a love is for something you want to just promote to your followers, or something that is good effort but not quite the next big thing in your opinion…

I don't support the removal of this extra option, as it also serves a few purposes that the favorite button does not.

Yes - I love projects all the time but only favourite about 20 - 30 projects a year.
So no support

Last edited by CatsUnited (Jan. 31, 2015 03:25:47)


the silent signature | thin | sleek | non-disruptive | something else idk |
doglover37
Scratcher
100+ posts

Get Rid Of Loves

Er, I like the love the way it is. I like Loving stuff telling the person , I like it.





Thanks!
Zro716
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Get Rid Of Loves

the love-it is a measure of recognition, not fame or fortune. when you love a project, you're telling everyone “this project deserves more attention, and the user who created it should be praised for their talents”. it's terribly unwise to categorize people who express their talents and skills in their works with the insecure selfish people who crave attention without regarding the reward of self-improvement.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
doglover37
Scratcher
100+ posts

Get Rid Of Loves

Zro716 wrote:

the love-it is a measure of recognition, not fame or fortune. when you love a project, you're telling everyone “this project deserves more attention, and the user who created it should be praised for their talents”. it's terribly unwise to categorize people who express their talents and skills in their works with the insecure selfish people who crave attention without regarding the reward of self-improvement.
Yup! RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT!


Thanks!
Prinseskat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Get Rid Of Loves

LionsStair wrote:

Scratchifier wrote:

You seem to be going off of the basis that all fame is bad? Then what differentiates hard work from no work?
More favs of course.

Prinseskat wrote:

Really? No. They're not the same as favourites - if you love a project, you like it. They have a decent purpose - you want to tell the creator you like the project. If you favourite it, you can see it later. You want to tell the creator it's one of your favourites. A project you like might not necessarily be one you want to have displayed in your favourites, or I'd have 500+ things in there and I wouldn't be able to find one I favourited ages ago. I'm getting annoyed at all these “remove this great feature because it's only for fame” suggestions. No support.
I NEVER said they were like favs.
No, you said that unlike favourites, they just “increase how much fame the scratcher is getting”, but you want only favourites to stay. I was stating the difference between favourites and love-its and why they're important, not correcting something you said.

haha funny kumquat meme
Alberknyis
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Get Rid Of Loves

LionsStair wrote:

Scratchifier wrote:

You seem to be going off of the basis that all fame is bad? Then what differentiates hard work from no work?
More favs of course.

Love its are to show you like the project. Favorites are to leave a reminder that the project exists. They're different. With love its you can get a project front paged, where it deserves to be.

And who said fame is bad? What's with that?

stop [all v] ::stack
LionsStair
Scratcher
100+ posts

Get Rid Of Loves

Alberknyis wrote:

LionsStair wrote:

Scratchifier wrote:

You seem to be going off of the basis that all fame is bad? Then what differentiates hard work from no work?
More favs of course.

Love its are to show you like the project. Favorites are to leave a reminder that the project exists. They're different. With love its you can get a project front paged, where it deserves to be.

And who said fame is bad? What's with that?
It causes unfair disputes and people that have great projects are ignored, anyways I don't even support my own topic so…

If I said no support highlight this from “Hi” to “AWESOME”:
Hi this isThink about your suggestion, was it going to benefit a majority of scratchers, did it have cons to a specific group, was it fully based on YOUR opinion, did you put some thought into the idea, simply forgot to read the sticky, has little pros, no purposeful reason, was there something wrong with scratch? If any of these apply to you think about your post, either revise it or close it.AWESOME
If I said support highlight this from “Hi” to “COOL”:
Hi I think this isDo you think you could add to your suggestion, or do you wish to keep it the same? Doesn't matter as long as people support it!!COOL




















Because I can do stuff Highlight:If you followed my instructions, I will give you a free stuffollow
Check out my feed here! List of my favorite music



















Because I can do stuff:

Like this ^ and this v
You must be hallucinating!
automagiacally = automatically do something
If you don't get the pun: *Facepalm*
KUMQUATS ARE HERE TO EAT, EAT, EAT!









Remember to ALWAYS: Clicky That Sticky!

















A Lion's Stare is a neutral stare yet is filled with so many stairs of moods, it never hurts, or never loves, it never does, or never nothing. A Lion's Stare is a Stair.

Life's a mystery, yet so unfair,
DEAL WIT IT.

(Insert epic lion face here)
Doodle-cats
Scratcher
500+ posts

Get Rid Of Loves

Zro716 wrote:

the love-it is a measure of recognition, not fame or fortune. when you love a project, you're telling everyone “this project deserves more attention, and the user who created it should be praised for their talents”. it's terribly unwise to categorize people who express their talents and skills in their works with the insecure selfish people who crave attention without regarding the reward of self-improvement.
What they said

Did anyone tell you I was a Time Lord? You should know. I live in Fourtrees, with my good friends Germany, England, America, and my fellow pokemon Skitty and Delcatty. We go to Hogwarts and battle Titans.
One last thing~ Never-I mean never-make France laugh.
France laughs [honhonhonhonhonhon] ::looks
PrincessPanda_test_
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Get Rid Of Loves

No support.
Loves are like likes on YouTube. They are only for complimenting projects, not fame.














Click the image for something special!

Wanna collab on something Sonic?
Paddle2See
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

Get Rid Of Loves

Closed by request of the topic owner.

Scratch Team Member, kayak enthusiast, and servant to multiple cats.

;

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile