Discuss Scratch

The_Floppy_Disc
Scratcher
100+ posts

Dialouge Engine

Hi! I made this engine a while ago, and now it has 100 views, so I thought I'd post about it here so you can use it.
Here's the link:
Dialouge Engine
So, this is a text engine. It can be used to create interactions between characters in games or animations.
You can use the @ key in the function to go down a line. If you don't, It will look something like:
Sorry. This will n
ot work
I used @toopgobo's sprites for the text, but I changed some of the code and added the @ command.
There are custom blocks that you can use to make your dialogue.
when green flag clicked ::cat
[what you want to say] at position \(x, y) (1) (1) Time between letters: [0.01] seconds ::custom
wait until <key [z v] pressed>
broadcast (reset text v)
[another thing you want to say] at position \(x, y) (1) (1) Time between letters: [0.01] seconds ::custom

You can repeat this as many times as you want!
Important note: It will not print the last character in the text box. Just make it a space or something.
You don't have to wait until z is pressed, you just have to have a wait block. Once the wait is over, the text will be cleared and it will show the next thing.
There are 3 sprites. The text (what makes the clones), the box (the background for the text), and the character (who is speaking). Only the text sprite is functional.
If you want multiple lines, you do this:
[line 1 @ line 2] at position \(x, y) (1) (1) Time between letters: [0.01] seconds ::custom

It will look like:
line 1
line 2

It will automatically go down one line when you use @.

That's all! If you have questions, let me know in the comments, and please let me know how I can improve!

Last edited by The_Floppy_Disc (Feb. 17, 2025 17:42:36)

The_Floppy_Disc
Scratcher
100+ posts

Dialouge Engine

This might be helpful. I'm using this for the RPG I'm making, but it can also be used for other things. I saw someone use this for introducing their OC.
The_Floppy_Disc
Scratcher
100+ posts

Dialouge Engine

Bump.
Sorry, nobody's commented on this.
dylanpociusg
Scratcher
80 posts

Dialouge Engine

I will follow you
The_Floppy_Disc
Scratcher
100+ posts

Dialouge Engine

dylanpociusg wrote:

I will follow you
Thanks.
The_Floppy_Disc
Scratcher
100+ posts

Dialouge Engine

BUMP
Also, my shop engine might also help you.
My shop engine

Last edited by The_Floppy_Disc (Feb. 26, 2025 20:17:03)

stormpheonix
Scratcher
32 posts

Dialouge Engine

Ooh you used a cat block
The_Floppy_Disc
Scratcher
100+ posts

Dialouge Engine

stormpheonix wrote:

Ooh you used a cat block
Yeah. I use cat blocks for fun in my long scratchblocks scripts. It's not catblocks in the project. Thanks for liking that!
MadeByRap
Scratcher
100+ posts

Dialouge Engine

I might use this for one of my games but I will give credit

when green flag clicked
say [Rap will use this code] for (2) secs
Roycedathree8
Scratcher
2 posts

Dialouge Engine

Don't worry there could be a 40% chance their adding Animated Text like in Turbowarp or Penguinmod, there working on it in the SCRATCH LAB!

See more Here…. if the link even Works
The_Floppy_Disc
Scratcher
100+ posts

Dialouge Engine

Roycedathree8 wrote:

Don't worry there could be a 40% chance their adding Animated Text like in Turbowarp or Penguinmod, there working on it in the SCRATCH LAB!

See more Here…. if the link even Works
I know that they're doing it, but someone asked me to do this for them, and I figured that would work until the animated text gets added. I hope it gets added sometime in the future.
17Domin0
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Dialouge Engine

when gf clicked ::cat
[I am 17Domin0!] at position (0) (0) Time between letters: [0.01] seconds::custom
wait until <key [e v] pressed>
broadcast (reset text v)
[Here’s the link to my profile:@scratch.mit.edu/users/17Domin0] at position (0) (0) Time between letters: [0.01] seconds::custom

Last edited by 17Domin0 (Nov. 10, 2025 21:51:46)

Powered by DjangoBB