Discuss Scratch
- Discussion Forums
- » Questions about Scratch
- » I thought Scratch Comments were going down for maintenance today?
- Nebulott
-
Scratcher
5 posts
I thought Scratch Comments were going down for maintenance today?
Scratch Comments are still available as of now, despite the fact the Scratch Team said they would be down as of 9 AM EST. Here’s the announcement they gave:
ScratchCat Said:
Hi, Scratchers!
On Monday, February 3 beginning at 9 AM EST, Scratch comments will be temporarily unavailable while our team performs maintenance on the site. During this time, you will not be able to read or post Scratch comments. Don’t worry: all Scratch comments will still be here when our maintenance work is complete. Comments should return by 6 PM EST on Monday, February 3.
Thanks for your patience as we work to improve Scratch.
Scratch On!
Scratch Team
- BigNate469
-
Scratcher
1000+ posts
I thought Scratch Comments were going down for maintenance today?
Do they work everywhere?
And also, how do you know that they are actually working? The ST wouldn't just go through and close the comments of millions of profiles and projects- that would take longer than the maintenance- but they might have programmed their cache servers to just automatically return a HTTP 200 OK response and some relevant data and leave the actual servers alone.
And also, how do you know that they are actually working? The ST wouldn't just go through and close the comments of millions of profiles and projects- that would take longer than the maintenance- but they might have programmed their cache servers to just automatically return a HTTP 200 OK response and some relevant data and leave the actual servers alone.
- CoderMCProX
-
Scratcher
1000+ posts
I thought Scratch Comments were going down for maintenance today?
Do they work everywhere?No, they only work on profiles and projects. They work because I see people commenting on @ceebee 's profile.
And also, how do you know that they are actually working? The ST wouldn't just go through and close the comments of millions of profiles and projects- that would take longer than the maintenance- but they might have programmed their cache servers to just automatically return a HTTP 200 OK response and some relevant data and leave the actual servers alone.
- Nebulott
-
Scratcher
5 posts
I thought Scratch Comments were going down for maintenance today?
Do they work everywhere?No, they only work on profiles and projects. They work because I see people commenting on @ceebee 's profile.
And also, how do you know that they are actually working? The ST wouldn't just go through and close the comments of millions of profiles and projects- that would take longer than the maintenance- but they might have programmed their cache servers to just automatically return a HTTP 200 OK response and some relevant data and leave the actual servers alone.
Actually, commenting on studios also work. Just tested.
- CoderMCProX
-
Scratcher
1000+ posts
I thought Scratch Comments were going down for maintenance today?
One of them doesn't.Do they work everywhere?No, they only work on profiles and projects. They work because I see people commenting on @ceebee 's profile.
And also, how do you know that they are actually working? The ST wouldn't just go through and close the comments of millions of profiles and projects- that would take longer than the maintenance- but they might have programmed their cache servers to just automatically return a HTTP 200 OK response and some relevant data and leave the actual servers alone.
Actually, commenting on studios also work. Just tested.
- michaeljackson1365
-
Scratcher
1000+ posts
I thought Scratch Comments were going down for maintenance today?
Apparently they work on studios too. I guess they are fixing the censor.
- han614698
-
Scratcher
1000+ posts
I thought Scratch Comments were going down for maintenance today?
No, all studios work.One of them doesn't.Do they work everywhere?No, they only work on profiles and projects. They work because I see people commenting on @ceebee 's profile.
And also, how do you know that they are actually working? The ST wouldn't just go through and close the comments of millions of profiles and projects- that would take longer than the maintenance- but they might have programmed their cache servers to just automatically return a HTTP 200 OK response and some relevant data and leave the actual servers alone.
Actually, commenting on studios also work. Just tested.
Apparently they work on studios too. I guess they are fixing the censor.There is no evidence to show they are fixing the filter - that can be done with comments on.
- CoderMCProX
-
Scratcher
1000+ posts
I thought Scratch Comments were going down for maintenance today?
One studio doesn't.No, all studios work.One of them doesn't.Do they work everywhere?No, they only work on profiles and projects. They work because I see people commenting on @ceebee 's profile.
And also, how do you know that they are actually working? The ST wouldn't just go through and close the comments of millions of profiles and projects- that would take longer than the maintenance- but they might have programmed their cache servers to just automatically return a HTTP 200 OK response and some relevant data and leave the actual servers alone.
Actually, commenting on studios also work. Just tested.Apparently they work on studios too. I guess they are fixing the censor.There is no evidence to show they are fixing the filter - that can be done with comments on.
- han614698
-
Scratcher
1000+ posts
I thought Scratch Comments were going down for maintenance today?
No, it doesn’t. The owner turned the comments off. When Scratch turns off comments, there is a different notice other than “comments are off”.One studio doesn't.No, all studios work.One of them doesn't.Do they work everywhere?No, they only work on profiles and projects. They work because I see people commenting on @ceebee 's profile.
And also, how do you know that they are actually working? The ST wouldn't just go through and close the comments of millions of profiles and projects- that would take longer than the maintenance- but they might have programmed their cache servers to just automatically return a HTTP 200 OK response and some relevant data and leave the actual servers alone.
Actually, commenting on studios also work. Just tested.Apparently they work on studios too. I guess they are fixing the censor.There is no evidence to show they are fixing the filter - that can be done with comments on.
- BigNate469
-
Scratcher
1000+ posts
I thought Scratch Comments were going down for maintenance today?
If comments aren't working sitewide for some reason (including disabling them for maintenance), then comment sections won't necessarily be off. Like I've said so many times (on your topics) at this point, the Scratch Team doesn't have enough people or time to turn every comment section on the site off. Comments just won't post.snipOne studio doesn't.
You saw a studio host turn the comments off in a particular studio just before the maintenance, and assumed that it was because of it. This is most likely not true, and comments will be turned back on when and if the host chooses to do so. Just because two things that are similar to each other happened at the same time does not mean that one was caused by the cause of the other.
Last edited by BigNate469 (Feb. 3, 2025 21:06:29)
- Nebulott
-
Scratcher
5 posts
I thought Scratch Comments were going down for maintenance today?
Comments have been enabled already.
I think this discussion can end now.
I think this discussion can end now.- sprinkle2015
-
Scratcher
11 posts
I thought Scratch Comments were going down for maintenance today?
Scratch Comments are still available as of now, despite the fact the Scratch Team said they would be down as of 9 AM EST. Here’s the announcement they gave:ScratchCat Said:
Hi, Scratchers!
On Monday, February 3 beginning at 9 AM EST, Scratch comments will be temporarily unavailable while our team performs maintenance on the site. During this time, you will not be able to read or post Scratch comments. Don’t worry: all Scratch comments will still be here when our maintenance work is complete. Comments should return by 6 PM EST on Monday, February 3.
Thanks for your patience as we work to improve Scratch.
Scratch On!
Scratch Team
its 3/6/2026 and the comments are still off
now im sad RAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

nvm its fixed for me
Last edited by sprinkle2015 (March 6, 2026 18:22:36)
- Discussion Forums
- » Questions about Scratch
-
» I thought Scratch Comments were going down for maintenance today?