Discuss Scratch

Ollie-Young
Scratcher
500+ posts

Add more custom block settings

I think that there should be more custom block settings than just inputs and booleans. My idea is:
hat block :: custom hat
(input :: custom) // already added
<boolean :: custom> // already added
custom C{

} :: custom
custom cap :: custom cap
custom ( dropdown’s v) :: custom
custom [ non inputs v] :: custom
(custom (inputs :: custom-arg) inside inputs :: custom)

Thank you.

Last edited by Ollie-Young (Sept. 4, 2024 04:56:08)

WindowsAdmin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Add more custom block settings

This might be a duplicate topic dupe
Ollie-Young
Scratcher
500+ posts

Add more custom block settings

WindowsAdmin wrote:

This might be a duplicate topic dupe
I don’t think it is
FGaming01
Scratcher
100+ posts

Add more custom block settings

Cool but cinda hard to implement and understand.
warriorcatsfreakalt
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Add more custom block settings

Ollie-Young wrote:

hat block :: custom hat
custom C{

} :: custom
custom cap :: custom cap
custom ( dropdown’s v) :: custom
custom [ non inputs v] :: custom
I don't exactly see how these ones would be useful–or how they would even be coded. Would you mind elaborating on them?

Last edited by warriorcatsfreakalt (Sept. 4, 2024 14:47:44)

starlightsparker
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Add more custom block settings

This is a Duplicate of this topic - A moderator will close this topic to keep the discussion all in one place.
Ollie-Young
Scratcher
500+ posts

Add more custom block settings

starlightsparker wrote:

This is a Duplicate of this topic - A moderator will close this topic to keep the discussion all in one place.
I think we should stay here because the topic youre talking about is old and it's not exactly what Im looking for
A-MARIO-PLAYER
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Add more custom block settings

Ollie-Young wrote:

(#7)
I think we should stay here because the topic youre talking about is old and it's not exactly what Im looking for
you should still post there, no matter how old it is
theres suggestions from 2015 that are still being talked about right now
Ollie-Young
Scratcher
500+ posts

Add more custom block settings

A-MARIO-PLAYER wrote:

Ollie-Young wrote:

(#7)
I think we should stay here because the topic youre talking about is old and it's not exactly what Im looking for
you should still post there, no matter how old it is
theres suggestions from 2015 that are still being talked about right now
Yeah yeah
han614698
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Add more custom block settings

Ollie-Young wrote:

(#9)

A-MARIO-PLAYER wrote:

Ollie-Young wrote:

(#7)
I think we should stay here because the topic youre talking about is old and it's not exactly what Im looking for
you should still post there, no matter how old it is
theres suggestions from 2015 that are still being talked about right now
Yeah yeah
Unfortunately age doesn't matter - we like to keep things nice and neat with only one topic for each idea so all feedback is in one place. Feel free to leave your thoughts there as this one will be closed. Scratch On
Ollie-Young
Scratcher
500+ posts

Add more custom block settings

han614698 wrote:

Unfortunately age doesn't matter - we like to keep things nice and neat with only one topic for each idea so all feedback is in one place. Feel free to leave your thoughts there as this one will be closed. Scratch On
Well I know but I was just saying
cheddargirl
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

Add more custom block settings

Ollie-Young wrote:

han614698 wrote:

Unfortunately age doesn't matter - we like to keep things nice and neat with only one topic for each idea so all feedback is in one place. Feel free to leave your thoughts there as this one will be closed. Scratch On
Well I know but I was just saying
It's understandable how the rules regarding necroposting on Scratch can confuzzle people a bit.

Even if the suggestion is different from the old thread, I feel it shared enough similarities that it still would be worth bumping the old one and adding thoughts on it - after all, in a forum space, sometimes suggestions can morph off from the original (i.e.: do you believe the problem/difficulty can be fixed with a different suggestion that the one proposed, etc.) and it's easier to understand the discussion if it's in one place.

Powered by DjangoBB