BreadcatGames
Scratcher
1000+ posts

3DS Official Topic

Comix_2 wrote:

Nes1Owe_Alt wrote:

Comix_2 wrote:

BreadcatGames wrote:

Just got surprised by a friend with an SSB3DS Japanese cart. Anyone know what homebrew software I can use to get this working?
Luma3DS gets rid of region locking so if you have a hacked console you should be good
Yeah, the language barrier's a problem though. I have a ROM of Battle For All (Boku no Hero Academia: Battle for All) but it's in Japanese…
In all honesty I think the best move would to just download the US version of of hShop
yeah but i kind of want to use the Japanese version or at least make sure the cartridge isn't corrupted (mostly for the novelty)
I did have digital SSB3DS installed from hShop but removed it during troubleshooting
dhuls
Scratcher
1000+ posts

3DS Official Topic

BreadcatGames wrote:

After troubleshooting some more, it looks like gm9 says my cart doesn't pass verification. Can gm9 verify Japanese carts on a US 3DS correctly, or is it a false positive?
Clean the cartridge pins with a q-tip and some isopropyl alcohol.
Nes1Owe_Alt
Scratcher
500+ posts

3DS Official Topic

Anyone ever get a malware-loaded cartridge? I got one w/ my first 3DS, and it disabled my Game Card slot…. Ironically, the game was LEGO Ninjago: Nindroids.

Generation VII (7): the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
Shift+Down to scroll
Join the Cult of Arceus
Vote on what I do for my 50 follower special right here!
The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over. -Diego Armando, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations

Hey there! I'm 暗闇 (Kurayami) (or 暗 (Kurai) for short). I'm lazy, smort smart, and I'm a certified Iono simp. I won the Johns Hopkins University Grand Honor Award in 2022 and I'm very proud of it. I'm also (very) forgetful, as the random layout of my siggy shows. And autistic. And did I mention forgetful?

Kumquats beware, for Matt Engarde's cat, Shoe, protects my siggy.
JTanner2026
Scratcher
1000+ posts

3DS Official Topic

Nes1Owe_Alt wrote:

Anyone ever get a malware-loaded cartridge? I got one w/ my first 3DS, and it disabled my Game Card slot…. Ironically, the game was LEGO Ninjago: Nindroids.
that is exactly what the nindroids would do

(highlight then shift + down for bio)

haiii! i'm tanner/monika :3
bi femboy
he/her
in a lot of game fandoms
i draw and sing
i am a bit silly :3
Comix_2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

3DS Official Topic

Nes1Owe_Alt wrote:

How would someone even load a game with malware? It's not like you could just stick the card in a PC and from what I've researched it is nearly impossible to make a counterfeit 3DS game

Comix_2
Professional Idiot by day, nerdy Forumer by night

NG: ThatOneGuy9623 | YouTube | Profile | PlayStation Network

It seems today
That all you see
Is violence in movies and Gex on TV

But where are those good old fashion values
On which we used to rely!
Lucky, there's a Family Guy!
Lucky there's a man who,
positively can do,
All the things that make us

Laugh and cry!

He's a Family Guy!
co0lcr34t10ns
Scratcher
1000+ posts

3DS Official Topic

Comix_2 wrote:

Nes1Owe_Alt wrote:

How would someone even load a game with malware? It's not like you could just stick the card in a PC and from what I've researched it is nearly impossible to make a counterfeit 3DS game
Probably a flash cart stuffed into a regular 3DS cart shell. The SD card slot in it could have been hidden.

HEY COOL REMEMBER TO BUMP COOL MUSIC RECORDS CO JAPANESE FOOD AND TWO REGULARLY

I'm a professional forum lurker who likes Vocaloid, retro games, and story writing.

Social Experiment Generation 0: Add this to your signature increase generation by 1 and add the username of the person whose signature you saw this in to this studio

I am the 454th most active TIRAP forumer. Wow! Not surprised in any way though.

I love the OG mods. They are just done with forum trolls.

dhuls
Scratcher
1000+ posts

3DS Official Topic

co0lcr34t10ns wrote:

(#2206)

Comix_2 wrote:

Nes1Owe_Alt wrote:

Probably a flash cart stuffed into a regular 3DS cart shell. The SD card slot in it could have been hidden.
Aren't flashcarts usually stuck in DS mode?
There isn't really anything that can be exploited from a DS-mode cartridge
Comix_2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

3DS Official Topic

co0lcr34t10ns wrote:

Comix_2 wrote:

Nes1Owe_Alt wrote:

If it was a DS flash card in a 3DS shell, then it would be immediately noticable when it shows the DS card 3D model starts spinning around on the home menu

Comix_2

It seems today
That all you see

Lucky there's a man who,
positively can do,

Laugh and cry!

He's a Family Guy!
teamsonic2011
Scratcher
1000+ posts

3DS Official Topic

lgbjuraj
Scratcher
100+ posts

3DS Official Topic

teamsonic2011 wrote:

3.55pm at what timezone?

Fun Fact:
Did you know that there exists a train, which can play music? When building the Taurus/ES64U2 locomotive for the Austrian railways, Siemens thought of an easter egg they could hide, and came up with the singing train. It works like this: They modified the propulsion inverters (comparable with a power converter) to an extent, where they were capable of playing the Austrian national anthem. It was replaced with a Do-me-li note a few years after. Here is an video of it in action.
Passionate about stamps.

teamsonic2011
Scratcher
1000+ posts

3DS Official Topic

lgbjuraj wrote:

teamsonic2011 wrote:

3.55pm at what timezone?
Pacific
teamsonic2011
Scratcher
1000+ posts

3DS Official Topic

I have a Southeast Asian copy of MarioKart 7
Tophatted-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

3DS Official Topic

dhuls wrote:

co0lcr34t10ns wrote:

(#2206)

Comix_2 wrote:

Nes1Owe_Alt wrote:

Exploits have been done from DS Mode. The MSET (not MSET9) exploit used a DS flashcart to change the DS profile name to a really long name in order to crash MSET and then gain control of the system. Not sure if this counts, but I believe all DS exploits can be done on 3DS. Where you would normally have it launch TWiLight Menu or the DS Homebrew Menu (I think that's what people do on DSi? DumpTool also, for recovery purposes) you can have it launch b9sTool, which installs boot9strap.

hi im tophatted
Comix_2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

3DS Official Topic

Tophatted- wrote:

dhuls wrote:

co0lcr34t10ns wrote:

(#2206)

Comix_2 wrote:

Nes1Owe_Alt wrote:

Exploits have been done from DS Mode. The MSET (not MSET9) exploit used a DS flashcart to change the DS profile name to a really long name in order to crash MSET and then gain control of the system. Not sure if this counts, but I believe all DS exploits can be done on 3DS. Where you would normally have it launch TWiLight Menu or the DS Homebrew Menu (I think that's what people do on DSi? DumpTool also, for recovery purposes) you can have it launch b9sTool, which installs boot9strap.
Wasn't MSET patched after Gateway used it for piracy?

Comix_2

It seems today
That all you see

Lucky there's a man who,
positively can do,

Laugh and cry!

He's a Family Guy!
dhuls
Scratcher
1000+ posts

3DS Official Topic

Comix_2 wrote:

(#2214)

Tophatted- wrote:

dhuls wrote:

co0lcr34t10ns wrote:

(#2206)

Comix_2 wrote:

Nes1Owe_Alt wrote:

Wasn't MSET patched after Gateway used it for piracy?
It was patched before Gateway even came out (5.0.0, Gateway required 4.5.0)
Technically, the exploit in the system settings app wasn't patched until 7.0.0, but the exploits used to gain Kernel11 and ARM9 code execution (at the time) were patched in 5.0.0

Tophatted- wrote:

(#2213)
Doesn't b9stool require NAND access, which isn't available to cartridge-based DS games (exceptions being internal Nintendo tools)
teamsonic2011
Scratcher
1000+ posts

3DS Official Topic

It's the end (⁠っ⁠˘̩⁠╭⁠╮⁠˘̩⁠)⁠っ
BreadcatGames
Scratcher
1000+ posts

3DS Official Topic

teamsonic2011 wrote:

It's the end (⁠っ⁠˘̩⁠╭⁠╮⁠˘̩⁠)⁠っ
is there a code for that game?