Discuss Scratch

Prinseskat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Get rid of the Recently Shared Projects section!!!!

Thing with inappropriate projects is, while it could be easier to spot things that should reported, deleted/unshared/reported projects stay on the front page. Not only is this annoying when accidentally sharing a project, but if there's a bad word or a disturbing thumbnail then it'll stay there until more projects take the offending project's place. So no, reporting projects isn't a solution because they stay there.

haha funny kumquat meme
scimonster
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TheHockeyist wrote:

There could be inappropriate things on there, and this was why it was originally removed in the first place! I propose that it be gone and never come back!
Ironically, i think that this is actually a reason for keeping it. If something inappropriate does get shared, it might get seen here, flagged, and removed. But if we remove the section, those inappropriate projects are likely to just linger, which is bad.

As for limiting it to projects that already have x views, how are projects supposed to get those views in the first place without this row?

Retired Community Moderator
BTW, i run Google Chrome 41.0.2272.101 on a Linux system - Ubuntu 14.04. NEW: iPad 4th gen. w/retina.

418 I'm a teapot (original - to be read by bored computer geeks)
THE GAME (you just lost)
; THE SEMICOLON LIVES ON IN OUR SIGS
MewTheSmasher
Scratcher
500+ posts

Thepuzzlegame wrote:

No support, you could see inappropriate projects anywhere and getting rid of this section isn't going to fix that problem. Not only that but it makes it even harder for newer Scratchers to get noticed.

oh jesus christ
TheHockeyist
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Still active…

Prinseskat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TheHockeyist wrote:

Still active…
Still relevant.

haha funny kumquat meme