Discuss Scratch

Raistudios05
Scratcher
3 posts

6/6/2013 Fixes and features released!

For some reason, my music isn't recording. It might just be my computer, but whenever I record a song with good volume, it doesn't show anything.
NoxSpooth
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jji7skyline wrote:

Yay gifs are fixed… was wondering why they didn't work

Also, I presume the love-it gaming protection has to do with not allowing love-its from the same IP to affect the front-pagedness?
Maybe, but I still don't get the “gaming” part of it…
FirstSkyler1
Scratcher
100+ posts

Why hasn't the bug preventing you from importing sounds from your backpack to projects been fixed yet!?

Last edited by FirstSkyler1 (Dec. 18, 3013 7:45:49)
henley
Scratcher
92 posts

Does the “gaming” protection mean that games don't get on the front page? Just to make sure, it's a little fuzzy to me.
thepetrock616
Scratcher
2 posts

I found a glitch, sorry if this is not the place to report them, but if it is, when I posted a profile pic on my page, It did not change in the little tiny profile pic in the corner. Sorry, this is just kinda minor and dumb, but it kinda bugs me (I'm like sure I have OCD). Can someone please help me?
Lightnin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

henley wrote:

Does the “gaming” protection mean that games don't get on the front page? Just to make sure, it's a little fuzzy to me.

No - in this context, gaming means trying to manipulate the system to get something you want. Games are welcome on the homepage. I'll edit the first post to clarify.
Ask-Lulemoon
New to Scratch
1 post

When uploading gifs from a file to 2.0, why doesn't it convert all the transparent frames to merge with the background like it did with 1.4? (Sorry if this is a dumb question, as I have noticed a fair amount of transparency on 1.4 as well, but it seemed to fix that the last time I uploaded a gif…but my knowledge of gifs are not particularly dense and I'm just plain confused…)
SHADOWDARK2
Scratcher
4 posts

I seem to be having a problem with Cloud variables. When I set a cloud variable to a value, the cloud variable sets itself to said value, but then quickly reverts back to its previous value. (If Its current value is “0” and I set it to “1”, It'll set itself to “1”, but then quickly revert to “0”). Could this be a glitch? or is it on my end?
Hamstersrule
Scratcher
4 posts

Will there be an onion skin feature? I've always wanted scratch to have one
mario91100
Scratcher
500+ posts

Hey, Lightnin, what is required to become a Scratcher (in status on your profile page)? I just want to know.
APpy2001
Scratcher
9 posts

yay, more bugs squashed

The creator of, Stickman Catcher and Scratch Aquarium.Play/watch them. They're cool and they are updated a lot. If you have any questions or want modifications, just ask!
WIlliam7777
Scratcher
40 posts

D:<
lakshay
Scratcher
26 posts

darkness3560 wrote:

I still think the “What the Community is Loving” row should be based on the percentage of love-its a project has gotten!
Then everyone will have a frontpaged project.They will just have to click love-it as soon as they share it.

I want to die while sleeping peacefully like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers.
vedkhandekar
Scratcher
47 posts

Thanks for more features and fixes!

Paint your imagination here!
Play the classic Tic-Tac-Toe
Pop some Bubbles!
And more! Visit here for more stuff!

And if you have questions, just ask!
Ebony_Shadow
Scratcher
31 posts

Yay! Bug Fixes!

PORYGON-Z LETS GO!
Computer info: I use Internet explorer (IDK what version) with Windows 7.
I like Owl City, Minecraft, Scratch, Warrior Cats, HTML Characters (You know, like &#9733; (The HTML for a Star)), Kittys, Peanut Butter, And Did I mention I am a Porygon-Z fan?
Gigabyte_Giant
Scratcher
43 posts

Yay, bug fixes and new releases!
Better support for animated gifs AND transparency!!

Should make everyone's life better! Thanks Scratch team!

Last edited by Gigabyte_Giant (June 7, 2013 13:14:27)

I'm a developer, and have been one since I was 7 years old. My how the world of technology has changed in the past few years.
henley
Scratcher
92 posts

thepetrock616 wrote:

I found a glitch, sorry if this is not the place to report them, but if it is, when I posted a profile pic on my page, It did not change in the little tiny profile pic in the corner. Sorry, this is just kinda minor and dumb, but it kinda bugs me (I'm like sure I have OCD). Can someone please help me?
As someone with personal experience with OCD, this is kind of offensive. You don't have OCD, you just want to be neat or orderly. I'm sure it bothers everyone that this happens.

Just wait a little while, it takes some time to update.
Lightnin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ask-Lulemoon wrote:

When uploading gifs from a file to 2.0, why doesn't it convert all the transparent frames to merge with the background like it did with 1.4? (Sorry if this is a dumb question, as I have noticed a fair amount of transparency on 1.4 as well, but it seemed to fix that the last time I uploaded a gif…but my knowledge of gifs are not particularly dense and I'm just plain confused…)

Good question! Can you give us a link to a gif that works well in 1.4, but doesn't work well when imported in 2.0? That way we can dive into the code and figure out the difference. I know we're using a library for 2.0 (it'd take a solid week of work probably, otherwise), but maybe there's a setting.

Anyway - an example gif would really help!

SHADOWDARK2 wrote:

I seem to be having a problem with Cloud variables. When I set a cloud variable to a value, the cloud variable sets itself to said value, but then quickly reverts back to its previous value. (If Its current value is “0” and I set it to “1”, It'll set itself to “1”, but then quickly revert to “0”). Could this be a glitch? or is it on my end?

Hmm, sounds like a glitch. What OS and browser are you using? Can you link us to the project?

Last edited by Lightnin (June 7, 2013 14:31:39)

TM_
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nice update Do you know when you will implement fonts? I have so many projects i could upload and finish, but the default font doesn't fits really to the project atmosphere and every text on costumes has to be resized if it could fit.

My YouTube-Account: TM_ (TMtheScratcher)
Join the Google+ Community “Persist” and test the latest Alpha-versions and get news about the desktop-game! Persist
Lightnin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TM_ wrote:

Nice update Do you know when you will implement fonts? I have so many projects i could upload and finish, but the default font doesn't fits really to the project atmosphere and every text on costumes has to be resized if it could fit.
Ah, I know some people were going to get together to work on that - I'll ping them to see where it stands.
The first step is to pick out a list of freely licensed fonts that we can include, and that give people a nice range without making things too complicated. Unfortunately, because of the way fonts work in Flash, you won't be able to choose any font you like - we'll be limited to a set of probably 5 or 6.