ii. introduction
iii. about me
iv. my roleplaying
v. the kit
vi. other
vii. conclusion
┗ ━ •❃°•°❀°•°❃• ━ ┛

❒ introduction
Hello there! It seems you have stumbled across my little application for the darling Fisherkit! In this application, I'll be detailing my various ideas for the lovely little fellow, and why I want him! Read on if you wish, or simply click away

—————

╒════════════╕
. about me
╘════════════╛

❒ basics
username – @GlimmeringOcean
pronouns & gender – I prefer not to share this online, so use any pronouns you wish for me!
nickname(s) – Ocean (and friends can use anything they wish!)

❒ who am i?
Hey, I’m Ocean! I’m a roleplayer, artist and (occasionally) coder. I started Scratch during Lockdown of 2020, and stayed on that account for a year or two, after losing the password to that account, I moved to a separate one. Then, for personal reasons, I moved again, and here I am! I’ve had this account for just over a year (woohoo!) and started posting art, which to my surprise, people actually liked. I started roleplaying in early November of last year, with Warm Vanilla, the kittypet king (unofficial but he deserves it). I’m super active, pretty much every day. ^^

╒════════════╕
. my roleplaying
╘════════════╛

❒ have i read the rules?
Of course >:0

❒ roleplaying experience
So, as mentioned prior to this, I've only recently joined the roleplaying community, but have a few characters in various roleplays!
Warm Vanilla; kittypet; he/him; tfcrp; the darling boy, 14 moons and thriving! He's my first roleplay character and I adore him to bits <3
Flamingrose; commander; Hiddenclan; she/her; sottrp; This girl was signed up at 23 moons old as commander, and is now 30 moons!
Bopkit; kit; Shadowclan; she/her; tfcrp; She's so new but she's such a ball of energy! She's only 4 moons old, signed up at 3!!
Cricketkit; kit; Flurryclan; she/her; Generations; also incredibly new! Just one moon old :0
(ages as of 29/Feb/2024, slightly outdated >.<)
❒ longevity
I want to keep Fisher for as long as possible, but you can of course never know. It's a large dedication to take on a new character, because it takes a long time for them to age, etc. I can never be sure what happens in the future, but I have a general rule for myself that I must keep the character until 50 moons, but this is subject to change if my motivation drops significantly.

❒ character harm
I generally only harm characters significantly if it's important for their development, but minor injuries such as small scars or scratches are okay occasionally.

╒════════════╕
. the kit
╘════════════╛

❒ what kitten are you applying for?
Fisherkit, the darling boy <3

❒ why do you want this kit?
So many reasons… I don’t want to be here all day, so I’ll try and keep this short
First of all, I was drawn to Fisherkit because of his incredible design. He’s a perfect shade of blue, without being too blue that he’s unrealistic, but also still looking gorgeous. His swirling patterns are gorgeous, and the mask on his face is just * chef’s kiss *.
Secondly, I think it would be interesting to roleplay a mute kitten. I try to learn the ways of representing certain disabilities/disorders, to improve my own writing skills.
Thirdly, Joyous Crickets! These girls are adorable! The best parents ever :0
Fourth-ly (is that a word??), I came up with a personality that I love for him! Though, as of writing this, it still needs development, I’m really happy with it, and excited to try roleplaying with it in the samples!

❒ kit's identity
gender – male
pronouns – he / him
romantic orientation – gay

❒ personality
❝ an echo in lost space ❞

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

╒═══ ❀ ════ ════ ══════════╕
. kit vs adult
╘════════════════════════╛
As a kit, Fisherkit will be cold, feeling different from the others because of his disability. He will often feel that Starclan is against him, taking away his voice, his ability to express, so he does exactly the opposite of what he supposes they want. He expresses himself through little pictures in the sand, clacking shells together, making little accessories- in every way he can think of doing so. As he grows older, depending on the series of events, he will either grow closer to Starclan, realising his disability is not their fault, or he will begin to lose his faith in them, believing that if they were there, they would stop hurting the cats below, so they can't possible exist. I want to leave most of his character arc up to how events play out irp, but I have a couple of plans up my sleeves

. first impression
Fisherkit can come across as cold, over-confident, brash, even. Truly, he is insecure and charismatic, a side of him very few cats get to see, only those he judges as close to him, or trustworthy. He often pushes cats away, not believing he is worth their time, or believing they just pity him. He keeps his friends close, communicating to them and them only his feelings. Other than that, he feels that emotions are weaknesses. He is obviously determined, and wants very strongly to be a leader like his mother, though that may be impossible, because he won't be able to enact ceremonies. He's quite pessimistic, and assumes that his life and relationships will be guided only by his lack of speech.

. trait List
note // some of these traits may fade, disappear, reappear, become more prominent, or appear as they age

( + ) (extremely) intelligent, compassionate, courageous, rational, righteous
( = ) sensitive, honest, sarcastic, self-deprecating, brash
( - ) cold, pessimistic, awkward, superiority complex, irritable

. expanded traits
credits// google dictionary, meriam-webster.com, marriage.com, and me remembering a definition researched previously

positive

(extremely) intelligent – having or showing intelligence, especially at a high level.
↳intelligence - the ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills

compassionate – feeling or showing sympathy and concern for others

courageous – not deterred by danger or pain; brave

rational – having reason or understanding

righteous – morally right or justifiable

neutral

sensitive – having or displaying a quick and delicate appreciation of others' feelings

honest – free of deceit; truthful and sincere

sarcastic – marked by or given to using irony in order to mock or convey contempt

self-deprecating – modest or critical of oneself, especially humorously so

brash – self assertive in a rude, noisy or overbearing way

negative

cold – perceived as emotionally distant and unexpressive

pessimistic – tending to believe the worst aspect of things or believe the worst will happen

awkward – causing or feeling uneasy, embarrassment, or inconvenience

superiority complex – acting superior to another, to hide feelings on inferiority

irritable – having or showing a tendency to be easily annoyed

. detailed personality
Fisherkit is a strong-willed little feline. He's extremely intelligent, and will miss no opportunity to correct another if they are wrong. His sharp mind picks up cues in others easily, and he notices people's emotions quickly, and sympathises with them. This compassion is obvious, but he is not good at comforting others, being extremely awkwardaround cats he doesn't know, and on certain occasions not knowing how to act around them.
Interaction with other felines is not simple, he is extremely rational and some social cues just pass by him, though he is good at picking up emotions. His rational nature can lead to a pessimistic approach to life, however, because he is always thinking of each possibility, no matter how horrendous that may be. His rationality does have a cut off point, though, because when assessing a situation he can often spiral into depressing thoughts, lending to his cynical view on life. This leads to a bleak view of himself. He can often be self-deprecating. He cleans up nicely because he dislikes his appearance, he feels below everyone else, he feels pressured to be as good as his moms, but believes he will never achieve that. His feelings of inferiority drive him to act above everyone else, to counteract that, in something known as superiority complex. He will often act as if he is better than another, because he feels below them, almost trying to convince himself that he is worth something. He can come across as cold because of this, pushing others away, keeping himself to himself to ponder his own thoughts.
He's quite irritable, lashing out at cats when his own thoughts become too much for him, which Fisher hates himself for.
He's extremely honest about what he sees in others, which can lead to arguments, when he is a little too honest, and can be good in other situations. Though he is surrounded by an icy shell of confidence and a separation from other cats, beneath that mask, Fisherkit is sensitive and lonely. Any criticisms hurt him a lot, and make him feel more alone than ever. To counter this, he's brash trying to be self-assertive, and find a place above the others. This may annoy cats, as Fisher always wants to win, or lead any games, etc.
Though he lacks the ability to speak, that does not stop Fisher from being sarcastic, using this form of humour to put other cats down, makes him feel a bit better. He portrays this trait through simple eye-brow raises, large sighs, and eye-rolls.
Fisherkit is righteous and tries to hold high morals. He does his best to follow the warrior code, and he never neglects a cat in need. His belief in what is right can drive him to be courageous, putting his strong moral compass before his own safety, and sometimes before his life.

❒ trivia
➣ favorites:
• prey - fish (for obvious reasons-)
– color - blue
• time of day - sunhigh
– weather - when the sun is shining, with the fresh scent of after-rain in the air, after a recent downpour (he's quite specific XD)
• flower - cornflower
– location - in his little secret cave <3
➣ habits
– Fisher will consistently tap the ground to get another cat's attention, to the point where he will beat his tail too.
• Fisher occasionally composes poems, though he hates that no other cat will experience them, for how to communicate the perfect words he has in his head, when he has no words to speak them?
➣ beliefs
religion – Fisher was raised with the Starclan in his heart, but he feels they look down on him, or were punishing him by removing his voice.
their leader – Cricketstar (momma!)
➣ reactions
note // this was loosely inspired by @.meowsnow! go follow them!
• to being told “i love you” - depending on if this is romantic or platonic. If it is platonic, he will respond in kind, but if it is romantic he will think he is being lied to or just be genuinely confused.
– to danger - His response is definitely more fight than flight, since he is so eager to prove himself.
• to negative emotion from other cats - he's useless at cheering others up, but he'll try
– to their own negative emotions - just.. wants to be alone.
• to their success - his success is only short-lived for him, he quickly moves on, and tries to become even better, or believing it was ‘just luck’ or that it was undeserved.
➣ nicknames
Fish, Fi, Ri, Sher, Fishface
➣ pet peeves
– Fisherkit cannot contain himself when someone makes a grammatical error. They have been given the gift of speech, yet they are content with misusing it? Fish cannot stand it, and he will correct them, whether they understand his sign language or not, he will do his best to explain their mistake.
• Fisherkit absolutely despises untidiness. He will go out of his way to clean up messes, and his fur is always kept perfectly smoothed down, etc.

╒════════════╕
. roleplay samples
╘════════════╛
I didn't have time to complete roleplay samples, because sadly I had to put working on this application on hold for some time, due to being busy in real life, and because of an overload of uncompleted payments. I also wanted to wait until I had done research for Fishy's muteness, so I wouldn't misportray it in the samples. I've gathered a few links you can flick through, though, and I have completed an SRP to show how I will portray Fisherkit.

Links:
Roleplay samples for another litter: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/940900269/
Roleplay trackers: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/972862444/ and https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/930302458/

SRP: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/750805/?page=1#post-7888584 <3

╒════════════╕
. other
╘════════════╛

❒ random paragraph totally not relating to the codewords
In morning time, when the petals of the roses are highlighted with the white light of a new day, and wildberry(rries) grow in clumps in the undergrowth, providing the perfect succulent meal for a cat who may be passing. Here, in this wondrous woodland, Roseclan has it's camp, and here, in Roseclan, three new lives are just beginning.

❒ research
mute))
What does it mean to be mute?
The definition of mute is: refraining from speech or temporarily speechless.
It can also be: a person who does not speak, either from an inability to speak or unwillingness to speak.
What type of mutism does Fisherkit have?
There are different types of mutism, including but not limited to: selective mutism, elective mutism, and total mutism.
Fisher, it seems, has total mutism, which causes a person to be completely unable to speak.
What causes total mutism?
Total mutism can be caused by brain disorders or lack of development in speech muscles.
Mutism caused by a lack of a certain function in the brain is known as neurogenic mutism.
Things that cause neurogenic mutism: -brain injury -seizures -dementia -other nervous system diseases.
I imagine that Fisherkit had some sort of brain injury as a very young kit, such as inflammation or didn't develop his vocal cords/speech associated muscles properly.
What are the effects of total mutism?
Total mutism may not just cause the inability to speak, it will also play a part in some of Fisherkit's personality traits, such as his belief that he is not enough, and his constant longing to prove that he is just as good as everyone else. It will also dictate part of his faith, him believing that Starclan took away his voice for a reason, that perhaps they foresaw him speaking out something they didn't want him to say, and he does everything he can to prove to Starclan that he is just as deserving of speech as the other cats in the clan. He may also stop believing in Starclan at some point because he realises that not even their warrior ancestors would be cruel enough to prevent such a young cat from talking, speaking his mind. I imagine he will evenutally come to terms with the fact that Starclan did not cause his disability, and it is something that is out of their paws.
Other
>Fisher will still be able to sigh, etc. as that sound is not made by the vocal cords, but by the fast exhaling of air from the lungs, he will not however, be able to laugh, cry or scream audibly, as these involve the use of the vocal cords.
>He will use sign language taught to him by Cricketstar.
Conclusion of research
Fisherkit has total mutism, which is the inability to speak. Fisher's disability was probably caused by lack of development of his vocal chords, are a brain injury as a young child. This affected his self-confidence, his faith and his longing to prove himself.
—————

❒ conclusion
Thanks for reading through this! It's been a joy to come up with a personality, and ideas for Fisher, and I'm so grateful to everyone who made this beautiful litter happen! I know that whoever is chosen to roleplay Fisher and the others will be the perfect choices, so best of luck to all applicants ^^
—————

❒ sources
merriam-webster.com
Google dictionary
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
speechpathologygraduateprograms.org

❒ credits
– @.koodingiskool; for the application template
• @.SkipperTheSilkwing ; for Fisher's design
– @.cosmic-wishes for hosting the litter for this beautiful trio <3
• quotes from Waves by Dean Lewis

❒ links
(( back to application )) ➢
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/971316083/
(( litter project )) ➢
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/962357804

Last edited by GlimmeringOcean (March 28, 2024 19:39:18)