Discuss Scratch

BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kokoro Beats | Soundwave Productions | Designing Thread

Cotton_Scratch wrote:

BlauHourglass wrote:

Also… I know I just told you to keep the tail and ears, but is there a way to change it? Sorry; I was just thinking about the direction of the game that I want to take.
Yea, though it'll be a while as I hate drawing hair. (and I have no clue if I seperated them from the main linart and coloring)
I can do it, if you want.

。 ゚。⋆☾ Did I ask? ☽ ⋆。 ゚☁︎。 ⋆。 ゚☾ The ending that we get will be happy, I'm sure…! ☽ ⋆。 ゚☁︎。 ⋆。 ゚☾ If everyone were smart, no one would be. ☽ ⋆。 ゚。
——
Retired founder of Soundwave Productions click me, fufu~
Co-owner of The Glow Shop click me, fufu~
Co-owner of Ville de L'Art click me, fufu~
——
ı|ı|ı Script SWC July '24 ı|ı|ı
♕ Classical SSC May '24 ♕
⸙ Epistolary SWC March '24 ⸙
Ahsoka10
Scratcher
97 posts

yumetopia wrote:

BlauHourglass wrote:

Ah, thanks. Sorry, I saw that in the main thread but the entire account thing got me sidetracked lol.
the whole account thing… we'll worry about that later. don't let them slow us down. okay bye strict yume- (for now. hopefully this is the last time)

Strict Yume is best Yume

Whatcha see is whatchu get! Just a guy who loves adventure!!!!

⁺₊⋆ ♬ About Me ~ https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/776068637/ ♬ ⁺₊⋆

⁺₊⋆ ♬ For Cool Aesthetics ~ @Ashla10 ♬ ⁺₊⋆

Cotton_Scratch
Scratcher
100+ posts

BlauHourglass wrote:

Cotton_Scratch wrote:

BlauHourglass wrote:

Also… I know I just told you to keep the tail and ears, but is there a way to change it? Sorry; I was just thinking about the direction of the game that I want to take.
Yea, though it'll be a while as I hate drawing hair. (and I have no clue if I seperated them from the main linart and coloring)
Oh! That would be great.

(I've somehow managed to get 9 skintones, and 17 hair colors, but only 1 hairstyle- this'll be fun. Not going to give up tho, might just take longer than I thought.)

Last edited by Cotton_Scratch (April 20, 2024 01:44:58)

Hello! I am Cotton_Scratch but I go by Cotton, I use all pronouns but I prefer She/Her. I am as3xual and possibly lesbian, but I'm not sure. I LOVE warrior cats and Wings of Fire. Thank you for reading, have a good day!

Join my collab(s)!
Cat-Gen (Temporarily on hold-will be reopened within the next 6 months)
Stories From Space

Join my RP! (Please, I'm kinda desperate):
Orbital Residence

Collabs I'm apart of:
Kokoro Beats
Screviews
BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Cotton_Scratch wrote:

BlauHourglass wrote:

Cotton_Scratch wrote:

BlauHourglass wrote:

Oh! That would be great.

(I've somehow managed to get 9 skintones, and 17 hair colors, but only 1 hairstyle- this'll be fun. Not going to give up tho, might just take longer than I thought.)
Okay. I'll do so.
Ah, nice! If you ever need references, feel free to be inspired from other media and art lol.

。 ゚。⋆☾ Did I ask? ☽ ⋆。 ゚☁︎。 ⋆。 ゚☾ The ending that we get will be happy, I'm sure…! ☽ ⋆。 ゚☁︎。 ⋆。 ゚☾ If everyone were smart, no one would be. ☽ ⋆。 ゚。
——
——
Cotton_Scratch
Scratcher
100+ posts

The VERY early WIP of the character customization is posted, I thought I should post it now rather than later, just in case there was something that needed to be changed. (Here it is)

Hello! I am Cotton_Scratch but I go by Cotton, I use all pronouns but I prefer She/Her. I am as3xual and possibly lesbian, but I'm not sure. I LOVE warrior cats and Wings of Fire. Thank you for reading, have a good day!

Join my collab(s)!
Stories From Space

Orbital Residence

Collabs I'm apart of:
Kokoro Beats
Screviews
Cotton_Scratch
Scratcher
100+ posts

I've made a horrible horrible mistake- I've either decided on way too many hair styles or way too many colors, I only have 5 out of the 22 hair styles I want to add and I already have 84 or 85 costumes because there are 17 colors per style

(That's like 336 costumes, for 20 STYLES! 354 with the last two)

Last edited by Cotton_Scratch (April 22, 2024 16:53:25)

Join my collab(s)!
Stories From Space

Orbital Residence

Collabs I'm apart of:
Kokoro Beats
Screviews
BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Cotton_Scratch wrote:

I've made a horrible horrible mistake- I've either decided on way too many hair styles or way too many colors, I only have 5 out of the 22 hair styles I want to add and I already have 84 or 85 costumes because there are 17 colors per style

Oh my goodness-
Well, that might actually be for the best…

——
——
Cotton_Scratch
Scratcher
100+ posts

BlauHourglass wrote:

Cotton_Scratch wrote:

Oh my goodness-
Yep- though my hands might actually die-
Oh well!
Tho if anyone is willing to help- please do, or else I may die

Join my collab(s)!
Stories From Space

Orbital Residence

Collabs I'm apart of:
Kokoro Beats
Screviews
-The_Destroyer-
Scratcher
100+ posts

Cotton_Scratch wrote:

BlauHourglass wrote:

Cotton_Scratch wrote:

Oh my goodness-
Oh well!
I Would love to help but.. I'm a bit busy rn-

I'm working on this signature-

||-The Glow Shop-||

||Kokoro Beats||
BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Cotton_Scratch wrote:

BlauHourglass wrote:

Cotton_Scratch wrote:

Oh my goodness-
Oh well!
Don't yeet yourself over it, Cotton. Take a break.

——
——
yumetopia
Scratcher
100+ posts

Cotton_Scratch wrote:

BlauHourglass wrote:

Cotton_Scratch wrote:

Oh my goodness-
Oh well!
if you need help with color options, i would be more than happy xDDD /hj lol
but yeah, i'd be happy to help! just note that i do have other things to work on so i'm a bit busy lol

Cotton_Scratch
Scratcher
100+ posts

BlauHourglass wrote:

Cotton_Scratch wrote:

BlauHourglass wrote:

Cotton_Scratch wrote:

-snip-
Oh my goodness-
Oh well!
Don't yeet yourself over it, Cotton. Take a break.
Don’t worry- I’ll be fine. Probably one more hairstyle then I’ll take a break

-The_Destroyer- wrote:

Cotton_Scratch wrote:

BlauHourglass wrote:

Cotton_Scratch wrote:

-snip-
Oh my goodness-
Oh well!
I Would love to help but.. I'm a bit busy rn-
That’s fine

yumetopia wrote:

Cotton_Scratch wrote:

BlauHourglass wrote:

Cotton_Scratch wrote:

-snip-
Oh my goodness-
Oh well!
if you need help with color options, i would be more than happy xDDD /hj lol
but yeah, i'd be happy to help! just note that i do have other things to work on so i'm a bit busy lol
Alright! The link to what I have is somewhere in the previous posts.

Join my collab(s)!
Stories From Space

Orbital Residence

Collabs I'm apart of:
Kokoro Beats
Screviews
HundenBasse
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hey im hopping into the designing thread to ask if anyone can provide a higher resolution option for the title text, line and hearts. You have probably noticed that they are a very crunched up and thats because i simply cant find a place where they were posted in high quality

Summary:
1: One singular sprite for one singular purpose
2: REMOVE THE STRAY BLOCKS

Organization is one of the most important things in scratch because if your project is cluttered and impossible to read you can't get any help and it will make your project seem less manageable.

Two of the most important things when it comes to organization is 1: Compactness. You need to make your project compact since that will make it cleaner to read. The most common mistake when it comes to compactness is making multiple different sprites that all are about or have something to do with each other. You should always only use one singular sprite for one singular purpose. (Player_Hitbox) and (Player) should be in the same sprite!!! Just use clones and some simple code management to separate the two and your code is much better. 2: Removing stray blocks. What I mean by that is for example when you finish some code and there is a lot of random stuff which doesn't do anything around the code you should remove it since it makes your project less laggy and easier to navigate!
BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

HundenBasse wrote:

Hey im hopping into the designing thread to ask if anyone can provide a higher resolution option for the title text, line and hearts. You have probably noticed that they are a very crunched up and thats because i simply cant find a place where they were posted in high quality
Oh, hm. I'm not sure. I'll go ahead and ask an artist to make a vector version. Or I can do it myself.

——
——
yumetopia
Scratcher
100+ posts

BlauHourglass wrote:

HundenBasse wrote:

Oh, hm. I'm not sure. I'll go ahead and ask an artist to make a vector version. Or I can do it myself.
i can do it if no one else is on it yet- so just a vector trace-over? which version though, the new font or the old one?

yumetopia
Scratcher
100+ posts

alright, we really gotta get some art and graphics done- here’s what we have so far:
- Character customization art - Cotton is working on this
- Terrain tiles - if I’m not mistaken, Malicondi, Destro, and Phantom- you three have expressed interest/started on making terrain tiles.
- Vector logo - I’ll start working on this once I’m done everything else on hand ^^
- Dev cameos - anyone else who doesn’t have anything to do yet, start brainstorming your dev cameos if you’d like one! from what we have down, dev cameos can either be npc characters in the troupes, or other characters maybe outside of KFAA, as there will be other locations in the game. those will probably be finalized later on once we have a mostly complete idea of what characters we need. for now, just the dev cameo design itself. *If you need someone to draw it out for you, i’m sure one of the artists would be more than happy to help, so just ask!*

Cotton_Scratch
Scratcher
100+ posts

yumetopia wrote:

alright, we really gotta get some art and graphics done- here’s what we have so far:
- Character customization art - Cotton is working on this
- Terrain tiles - if I’m not mistaken, Malicondi, Destro, and Phantom- you three have expressed interest/started on making terrain tiles.
- Vector logo - I’ll start working on this once I’m done everything else on hand ^^
- Dev cameos - anyone else who doesn’t have anything to do yet, start brainstorming your dev cameos if you’d like one! from what we have down, dev cameos can either be npc characters in the troupes, or other characters maybe outside of KFAA, as there will be other locations in the game. those will probably be finalized later on once we have a mostly complete idea of what characters we need. for now, just the dev cameo design itself. *If you need someone to draw it out for you, i’m sure one of the artists would be more than happy to help, so just ask!*
I could use help on Character customization art, specifically the hairs and eyes, I can deal with the rest.

Join my collab(s)!
Stories From Space

Orbital Residence

Collabs I'm apart of:
Kokoro Beats
Screviews
yumetopia
Scratcher
100+ posts

Cotton_Scratch wrote:

I could use help on Character customization art, specifically the hairs and eyes, I can deal with the rest.
do you have a list of certain hairstyles you want to incorporate?

Cotton_Scratch
Scratcher
100+ posts

yumetopia wrote:

Cotton_Scratch wrote:

do you have a list of certain hairstyles you want to incorporate?
No specific styles, but in general I want 8 hairstyles per length, 5 male and 5 female, at least 1 up for each gender for long/medium hairs, each style with 17 hair colors per style (brown, dark brown, pink, purple, blue, cyan/teal, green, yellow, light orange/blonde, orange, red, white, grey, and black.) Then 3 different lengths, long, medium, and short + a no hair/bald. In total around 30 styles and 17 colors per style, so 510 costumes..? I hope I can drop it a lot.

Join my collab(s)!
Stories From Space

Orbital Residence

Collabs I'm apart of:
Kokoro Beats
Screviews
HundenBasse
Scratcher
100+ posts

yumetopia wrote:

BlauHourglass wrote:

HundenBasse wrote:

i can do it if no one else is on it yet- so just a vector trace-over? which version though, the new font or the old one?
The one im using in my newest title screen version would be great!

Summary:
1: One singular sprite for one singular purpose
2: REMOVE THE STRAY BLOCKS

Organization is one of the most important things in scratch because if your project is cluttered and impossible to read you can't get any help and it will make your project seem less manageable.

Two of the most important things when it comes to organization is 1: Compactness. You need to make your project compact since that will make it cleaner to read. The most common mistake when it comes to compactness is making multiple different sprites that all are about or have something to do with each other. You should always only use one singular sprite for one singular purpose. (Player_Hitbox) and (Player) should be in the same sprite!!! Just use clones and some simple code management to separate the two and your code is much better. 2: Removing stray blocks. What I mean by that is for example when you finish some code and there is a lot of random stuff which doesn't do anything around the code you should remove it since it makes your project less laggy and easier to navigate!