Discuss Scratch

LittleNinja_G
Scratcher
31 posts

Do scratch comments support Unicode?

I tried to make a comment on a project with Shavian letters in it. It showed the letters before I posted the comment, but when I posted it, the letters disappeared. I typed it in with Unicode, both from the official Shavian Alphabet website, and straight from the Unicode table. For example, (OK, here I pasted in some Shavian letters, but after this point everything was deleted AFTER I posted the discussion, as to where only the Shavian text was deleted for normal comments.)

Last edited by LittleNinja_G (Feb. 5, 2024 16:14:27)

Please listen to my mashups that I post on here! You can find them nowhere else.

when [My profile v] key pressed
if <key [My mashups v] pressed?> then
play sound [Good music v]
change [Happiness v] by (110)
end
GlitchedThrough
New to Scratch
1000+ posts

It does, as long as they’re in the basic multilingual plane

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
YouTuber, culinary enthusiast, computer scientist, programmer, Engineer, electric enthusiast, legal aficionado, etc
LittleNinja_G
Scratcher
31 posts

GlitchedThrough wrote:

It does, as long as they’re in the basic multilingual plane
What does that mean? Shavian is from U+10450 to U+1047F

Please listen to my mashups that I post on here! You can find them nowhere else.

end
jumpship
Scratcher
100+ posts

LittleNinja_G wrote:

That does not fit the BMP. The BMP spans from U+0000 to U+FFFF.

LittleNinja_G
Scratcher
31 posts

jumpship wrote:

LittleNinja_G wrote:

Aw, man! That's sad. It would have been so fun to write in Shavian, but oh well. Thanks for telling me!

end
-Telekore-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LittleNinja_G wrote:

jumpship wrote:

LittleNinja_G wrote:

Aw, man! That's sad. It would have been so fun to write in Shavian, but oh well. Thanks for telling me!
I wish Scratch would support the Supplementary Bilingual Plane so that more languages could be entered. I mean, the TBG forums supports it, so why not Scratch?

Help me look for a cartoon I watched when I was younger!
Help me work on an upcoming iceberg!
She/they, autistic, cis female, I am bi, CD-R and DVD-R enthusiast.
< i have chronic llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwlllantysiliogogogoch // Check out my drone project! // I am coleslawphobic.
Threads I created: Experimental Music, Obscure Cartoons, Puns and Jokes, Software Gore/Tech Fails, Unicode, Synthesizers, Obsolete and Peculiar Media Formats
Don't eat glue, kids. <- this part of my sig appeared in a dream so I wanted to put it here

FYI: “alot” and “aswell” aren't real words. Every spellchecker I've used puts a red squiggle under those “words”.
CST1229
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-Telekore- wrote:

I wish Scratch would support the Supplementary Bilingual Plane so that more languages could be entered. I mean, the TBG forums supports it, so why not Scratch?
The TBGs use newer forum software that is being actively updated (IIRC before they switched they also did not support anything other than the BMP).

This is a signature. It's a piece of text that appears below every post I write. Click here to learn more, including how to make your own.
RIP assets image hosting. 2013?-2023