Discuss Scratch

ForestPanther
Scratcher
500+ posts

sci-fi forum

ikr right our campers are amazonggg
i’ll be sure to edit and post those by the end of the week latest <3
until then, since we do have another section ready to go, have we explained the storyline to our campers yet?

ello ello ello
CD, they/them

solarpunk! <3
ForestPanther
Scratcher
500+ posts

sci-fi forum

backups!!

sci-fi TigerStripes64* | 20k rainy-rayne | 5k

would you like to invite them, or should we do it?

as well as this, i will post a storyline explanation in sci-fi today (i don’t believe it’s been done) as i really do believe that it’s getting in in the session and the campers should be informed

ello ello ello
CD, they/them

solarpunk! <3
essayist
Scratcher
500+ posts

sci-fi forum

we're slaying :> should we transition to the next part then?

to feel another’s grief
the pain lingering in one’s soul
is a haunting thought indeed.

soil of buoyancy,
for the weeds that bind the cerebrum.

they rot.

Zionykon
Scratcher
100+ posts

sci-fi forum

i invited them as soon as robin posted the list!! <3 yes, that sounds good!! ill add it to the description as well. is the second part ready to go?

Zion | They/them | Sci-fi ftw!!
Zionykon
Scratcher
100+ posts

sci-fi forum

just a heads up, i removed the cabin wars section from the description because it was too long to save </3

ForestPanther
Scratcher
500+ posts

sci-fi forum

next part of desc! ready for input asap <3

As the days begin to pass, others find the basement hideout. Database workers, some you recognize, some you don't, join the group. Everybody's in shock at the destruction that's been caused. But nonetheless, soon you have a group of around 25, all determined to take down the AI.
Zion paces the makeshift headquarters. CD's hunched over a laptop screen where lines of data disintegrate as they watch. They look up in despair.
“What are we going to do?” they say.
“It's all being lost. Or- taken, I guess,” Finley deliberates. “We need to reverse the process. Our life's work could be gone in a month!”
“But how?” someone calls.
“Yeah, we need to track down this AI!” another person yells.
“Or whatever's trying to sabotage us…”
“But we're losing information as we speak!”'
“Somebody has to have coded the AI. That's who we need to be looking for!”
“Hey, everyone!” Zion shouts with finality. “I know we need to track down the AI. That's the only way to fix this problem and save the database. But for now, as we figure out how to dismantle it, we need to focus on re-inputting data. Otherwise, we really will lose everything. Alright?”
Slowly, nods encompass the group.
“How're we going to do that?” someone asks.

Zion smiles.
“As a team. Together!”

(continued + storyline activity! https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/746122/?page=1#post-7847609)

i think maybe a good milestone, considering how fast everyone is going, is 1500 :0 it sounds like a lot but i'm confident that our campers can do it <3 (and i havent added my stuff yet lol)

ello ello ello
CD, they/them

solarpunk! <3
Zionykon
Scratcher
100+ posts

sci-fi forum

ahh thank you cd!! ill add that righht now <3
congrats on first (still) :0 we're winning by so much ahdkakldhjajdf

essayist
Scratcher
500+ posts

sci-fi forum

hey, zion! regarding word adding, should we ask campers to keep a track of their cabin war words - or i can possibly contribute to tracking them on a spreadsheet and sharing it with you ^^

to feel another’s grief

soil of buoyancy,

they rot.

Zionykon
Scratcher
100+ posts

sci-fi forum

hmmm spread sheet might be easier, but either works for me!!

essayist
Scratcher
500+ posts

sci-fi forum

Zionykon wrote:

hmmm spread sheet might be easier, but either works for me!!
are you good with working on a spreadsheet (don't worry, your email will be anonymous <3)

to feel another’s grief

soil of buoyancy,

they rot.

Zionykon
Scratcher
100+ posts

sci-fi forum

sure!! i dont know exactly how to do it, but im confident i can figure it out eheh!! is there a link to follow or is it a different way of invitation?

essayist
Scratcher
500+ posts

sci-fi forum

Zionykon wrote:

sure!! i dont know exactly how to do it, but im confident i can figure it out eheh!! is there a link to follow or is it a different way of invitation?
i can create the spreadsheet (i'll just use the layout of the one i made previously) and share it to you via project in 5 minutes <3

to feel another’s grief

soil of buoyancy,

they rot.

Zionykon
Scratcher
100+ posts

sci-fi forum

awesome, thank you!! <3

ForestPanther
Scratcher
500+ posts

sci-fi forum

hello there! to quote alana in the leader forum?

Since we're about halfway through the session (time truly flies ;D), the memory book committee is looking for at least six most likely to ideas from each cabin. If you could all take some time to discuss with your leadership teams or come up with a few yourselves and comment your ideas on my profile before March 20th midnight UTC, that would be greatly appreciated!

any ideas? mine are:

most likely to have memorized all the data in the database
most likely to try and hack the AI
most likely to be the coding mastermind
most likely to decode every clue
most likely to do every activity

let's brainstorm some more and then pick and choose!

ello ello ello
CD, they/them

solarpunk! <3
Zionykon
Scratcher
100+ posts

sci-fi forum

most likely to fight the ai by themselves

side note! we're halfway through and still on sec 2 of the storyline <3 i think 1k would be a more reasoable goal

Zionykon
Scratcher
100+ posts

sci-fi forum

hey cd!! i saw you asked for volunteers, we already have some from when i asked <3

ForestPanther
Scratcher
500+ posts

sci-fi forum

oops thats my bad entirely
did our previous volunteers have an explanation of what they would be doing? unfortunately i only just saw this so have already explained to a few about the clues ect ( if they're waiting for more info i can retract everything
i'm really sorry abt this

also may be inactive for the next few days. urgent family things are happening. so sorry

ello ello ello
CD, they/them

solarpunk! <3
ForestPanther
Scratcher
500+ posts

sci-fi forum

next part of storyline
this is the part where the desc would be ‘encrypted’ (in a simple substitution cipher) and campers could get bonus points for decipherying it!

The plan has gone wonderfully.
Data has risen in a great wave, filling in empty spaces and slowly washing away the rubble caused by the AI. You've made incredible progress as a cabin- but threats still loom large. You must begin to seek out the root of the problem- the traitor that created the AI.
“I found something!”
You whip your head around excitedly. Finley bursts out of her seat in the shadowed data-basement, gesturing to her laptop. “I found a clue!”
“That's amazing!” Zion exclaims, hurrying over. A crowd pushes around the screen, people craning to see the file that Finley had uncovered. She clears her throat.
“Okay, it says, ‘⊘➵✸ ❋➽⊕⊖⊘ ☾❋ ♮☆♯₪ ☼✸☾☼♭✸ ☾♯ ⊘➵➽⊖ ⊘⊕☆➽♭ ⊘➵⊕☾◆✣➵☾◆⊘ ⊘➵✸ ♭✸☆✳✸⊕ ⊘✸☆♮,’”
Everybody stares at Finley blankly.
“What?”
She frowns. “'⊘➵✸ ❋➽⊕⊖⊘ ☾❋ ♮☆♯₪ ☼✸☾☼♭✸.' That's what…”
“☾➵, ♯☾.”
“✏➵☆⊘ ➽⊖ ✣☾➽♯✣ ☾♯?”
۞➽☾♯, ⚝✳ ☆♯✳ ❋➽♯♭✸₪ ✣♭☆♯⚝✸ ✏☾⊕⊕➽✸✳♭₪ ☆⊘ ✸☆⚝➵ ☾⊘➵✸⊕. “➽⊖ ⊘➵➽⊖…?”
“The AI.”

“It's fighting back.”

(https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/748453/?page=1#post-7868141)

the first encoded bit (what finley is saying) is the first part of the clue hunt (which is the next and final storyline segment)
the rest are just us saying like oh nooo and looking worried. fully un-translated thing in next post

substitution cipher key (for us- not for the campers to have at first)

it is an alphabet replacement cipher, each symbol represents a different letter. e.g. a = ☆

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
☆✧⚝✳✸❋✣➵➽➪⋙♭♮♯☾☼☀⊕⊖⊘◆◇✏✑₪۞

a really good website for this is cryptii.(lalala)com

——-

and then it would be really cool if the rest of the desc could match the encryption thing!!

╔══《⚠》══╗

✳☆⊘☆⊖✸⊘ ♭☾☆✳➽♯✣… ⟳

Ś̵̨͓͈̰̟̏ͅĉ̵̛͖̰̱̟͎̖̆̅̓͊i̶͎̦̳͌̆-̷̠̿F̴̡̛̟̟̥̼̘̞̭͇̻͂̉̀̃̐i̵̛̪̖̍̆̈̑̆̋ ̷̱̙͕̇̏͗̕ͅD̸̢̗̖̯͙̻̅̄̇͒͆̔́̓̕a̴̧͕͉̥̰̼͕͖͕̦͐͑͊̓͊t̷̛͓̦̭͙̒̃̄̃͋̽͝a̴̬̿̽̔̍͂̓̾̌b̷̖̽̊͊̅̅͠a̸̰̅́ṡ̵̱̖͙͓̀̈́̉̎̈̆̉̌e̶̖̙̰͐̉̒̕

⚠ ✳☆⊘☆ ♭☾☆✳✸✳. ☼⊕☾⚝✸✸✳ ✏➽⊘➵ ⚝☆◆⊘➽☾♯–✳☆⊘☆ ♮☆₪ ✧✸ ⚝☾⊕⊕◆☼⊘✸✳. ⚠

╚══《☣》══╝

☣ { ✖ The Storyline ✖ } ☣
╔══《2》══╗
ect ect ect

╚══《1105/1500 ☣》══╝
——————————————

☣ { ✖ ⚝☾♮♮☆♯✳ ⚝✸♯⊘✸⊕ ✖ } ☣

⚠ @۞➽☾♯₪⋙☾♯ >
⊘➵✸₪ / ⊘➵✸♮ 2529 / 40⋙ 0 ☣
> ۞➽☾♯

⚠ @✸⊖⊖☆₪➽⊖⊘ ]>
⊖➵✸ / ➵✸⊕ 4799 / 30⋙ 0 ☣
> ❋➽♯♭✸₪

⚠ @❋☾⊕✸⊖⊘☼☆♯⊘➵✸⊕ >
⊘➵✸₪ / ⊘➵✸♮ 0 / 20⋙ 0 ☣
> ⚝✳

—————————————–
☣ { ✖ ⚝☆✧➽♯ ☆♯♯☾◆♯⚝✸♮✸♯⊘⊖ ✖ } ☣

⚠ Profile pictures have been released! https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/958807337/

⚠ Word wars are out! https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/977035871

—————————————–
☣ { ✖ ♭➽♯⋙⊖ ✖ } ☣

⚠ Sci-Fi Word Count Server:
https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/34549457/

⚠ Main Cabin:
https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/34694852/

⚠ Sibling Hangout:
https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/34550469

⚠ Megathread:
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/744314/

⚠ Suggestion Forum:
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/514261/

⚠ SWC Records:
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/708401/?page=1#post-7486195

If you're posting writing in the forums, you may either use the megathread or make one personal writing thread in the ‘Things I’m Making and Creating’ forum!

—————————————–

☣ { ✖ ⚝⊕✸✳➽⊘⊖ ✖ } ☣

⚠ @Luna-Lovegood-LOL, @MoonlitSeas, @Sunclaw68, @-redredrobin-, @mossflower29 and @Starique for hosting this session.

⚠ @Zionykon, @essayist, and @ForestPanther for leading sci-fi this session.

—————————————–
☣ { ✖ ⚝☆✧➽♯ ⊖⊘☆♯✳➽♯✣⊖ ✖ } ☣

◆☼✳☆⊘✸✳: ♮☆⊕⚝➵ 5⊘➵ 4:17 ☆♮ ◆⊘⚝
- ⊘☾⊘☆♭ ⊖⚝➽-❋➽ ✏☾⊕✳ ⚝☾◆♯⊘: 102597
- ⊘☾⊘☆♭ ⊖⚝➽-❋➽ ☣ ⚝☾◆♯⊘: 1105
- ⚝◆⊕⊕✸♯⊘ ☼♭☆⚝✸: 1⊖⊘

✏✸✸⋙ ⊖⊘☆⊘➽⊖⊘➽⚝⊖:
- 4 ✏✸✸⋙♭➽✸⊖ ❋☾⊕ ⊖⚝➽-❋➽ ➵☆◇✸ ✧✸✸♯ ⚝☾♮☼♭✸⊘✸✳!
- 30+ ✳☆➽♭➽✸⊖ ❋☾⊕ ⊖⚝➽-❋➽ ➵☆◇✸ ✧✸✸♯ ⚝☾♮☼♭✸⊘✸✳!
- 4 ✏☾⊕✳ ✏☆⊕⊖ ➵☆◇✸ ✧✸✸♯ ✏☾♯ ❋☾⊕ ⊖⚝➽-❋➽!
- 100⋙+ ✏☾⊕✳⊖ ➵☆◇✸ ✧✸✸♯ ✏⊕➽⊘⊘✸♯ ❋☾⊕ ⊖⚝➽-❋➽!
- 1000+ ☣ ➵☆◇✸ ✧✸✸♯ ✸☆⊕♯✸✳!

obviously not all things have been encoded, i think we need to ;leave some bits legible ) pls feel free to change anything!!
i had to take the square brackets out our intro section for forums, you may want to add those back in to the studio
spacings may have gone funny, sorry about that!

studio title = ⊖⚝➽-❋➽ ✳☆⊘☆✧☆⊖✸ ☣ ⊖✏⚝ ♮☆⊕⚝➵ 2024

lmk if you need any clarification!

ello ello ello
CD, they/them

solarpunk! <3
ForestPanther
Scratcher
500+ posts

sci-fi forum

next (final) part idea summary- campers will get clues leading a chase across leader's profiles. it will start with (that's the clue we give them) then she'll pass on the next clue, then the next person will give the next ect ect. it will end on yume's profile, where she'll then come to the cabin and be like oh nooooo you caught me and then the database is saved i'm currently writing the clues!

ello ello ello
CD, they/them

solarpunk! <3
Zionykon
Scratcher
100+ posts

sci-fi forum

ForestPanther wrote:

oops thats my bad entirely
did our previous volunteers have an explanation of what they would be doing? unfortunately i only just saw this so have already explained to a few about the clues ect ( if they're waiting for more info i can retract everything
i'm really sorry abt this

also may be inactive for the next few days. urgent family things are happening. so sorry
all good!! it doesnt really matter i dont think <3 those people should still be good