Discuss Scratch

RecessFailsOffical
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ability to see if a user has deleted their account or not

MythosLore wrote:

RecessFailsOffical wrote:

k7e wrote:

If the account is still open, then is the account really “deleted”?

wdym
The account isn't really deleted if other users can still see it. It's just inaccessible.

yeah so it won't show

highlight (double click) a piece of text + control (command if on mac) + shift + down arrow key to see my full “siggy”
If your computer can't see images from Cubeupload, that's not my problem
I'm kinda active now on the forums, but let's hope and pray they give us computers this year lol
I ACTUALLY REACHED 1000+ POSTS
“Some people are so ungrateful to be alive. But not you. Not anymore…” - Saw (2004)

cool stuff: 500th post | an awesome suggestion made by moi | an awesome controversial suggestion also made by moi | gen z has attacked | why did tfh get deleted yall

American-Armenian

Hi! I'm @RecessFailsOffical. This is my signature, where I am allowed to advertise, blockspam, etc. It goes under every post I make. I know I spelled Official wrong in my username because I made this account when I was like 2. I'm in 6th Grade, I like coding and I want to be a software developer when I grow up.
Pronouns: He/Him or any pronouns as long as I'm not referred to as “Gibson”, “she/her”, or “TommyInnit”.

AnimalLover_4512
Scratcher
9 posts

I totally support! This would save so much time and is VERY convenient!

~AnimalLover_4512 (She/They) Demigirl and Abrosexual!!

I'm a walking Gay dictionary!

No homophobes allowed so go away if you are one!:D
PaperMarioFan2022
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump

Hello! Welcome to my signature!

I am a real Mario enthusiast and a fan of the franchise and also getting into the field of IT. I also play Luigi's Mansion and other games too!

Profile | Ocular | ScratchStats | PostPercent | GitHub Main | Snap!

Professional Mario Enthusiast / (NEW!) 3DS FC: 2252-0951-8546 / (NEW!) Switch FC: SW-2091-2478-9614 / (removed - due to concerns in moderation) ARarePaper

I forgor my account password to give an internet ☠

I’ve been a Scratcher since 2021!

My glorious meme section (scroll down to see more)

RecessFailsOffical
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump

highlight (double click) a piece of text + control (command if on mac) + shift + down arrow key to see my full “siggy”
I'm kinda active now on the forums, but let's hope and pray they give us computers this year lol
“Some people are so ungrateful to be alive. But not you. Not anymore…” - Saw (2004)

cool stuff: 500th post | an awesome suggestion made by moi | an awesome controversial suggestion also made by moi | gen z has attacked | why did tfh get deleted yall

American-Armenian

Hi! I'm @RecessFailsOffical. This is my signature, where I am allowed to advertise, blockspam, etc. It goes under every post I make. I know I spelled Official wrong in my username because I made this account when I was like 2. I'm in 6th Grade, I like coding and I want to be a software developer when I grow up.
Pronouns: He/Him or any pronouns as long as I'm not referred to as “Gibson”, “she/her”, or “TommyInnit”.

_st4rs
Scratcher
33 posts

gdfsgdfsgdfg wrote:

then what about when the account was deleted by ST

just like the Public Ban Topic if both of those things would happen

moved to ratz4yu
any posts after march 17th is me posting on my old account due to my new one not being a scratcher yet.
RecessFailsOffical
Scratcher
1000+ posts

B
U
mp

American-Armenian

Quantum1993
Scratcher
500+ posts

Another idea:
If a user deletes their account, they could also choose to show a custom message like this:
Username | Account Deleted (Moved to @username)
Of course, this would only work if the same email was linked to both accounts.

If you are seeing this, you've found my old signature because my banner isn't loading for some reason. It is most likely due to your system admin blocking cubeupload, or because it simply hasn't loaded yet. Comment ‘null5’ on my profile to show you found the secret.

Manager of Quantum Games and Quantum Software
Are you an experienced Scratcher? Join the Jurassic Park: Security Shift Development Team at https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/34523787
RecessFailsOffical
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bring
Up
My

American-Armenian

RecessFailsOffical
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bring
Up
My

never in my life have i hated the sixty second rule

Last edited by RecessFailsOffical (Feb. 9, 2024 15:00:33)

American-Armenian

RecessFailsOffical
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bring
Up
My
Last edited by RecessFailsOffical (Feb. 12, 2024 13:57:07)

American-Armenian

UnstablyCorrect
New Scratcher
20 posts

If you're deleting your account, you're likely doing so for 2 reasons. Reason 1 is that you left the platform or want to leave the platform. Reason 2 is you want to delete traces of your account from the public. If you wanted to be left alone from the public, you wouldn't want your deletion to be shown. And if most people want to leave Scratch, they choose to just close the comments.

e
RecessFailsOffical
Scratcher
1000+ posts

UnstablyCorrect wrote:

If you're deleting your account, you're likely doing so for 2 reasons. Reason 1 is that you left the platform or want to leave the platform. Reason 2 is you want to delete traces of your account from the public. If you wanted to be left alone from the public, you wouldn't want your deletion to be shown. And if most people want to leave Scratch, they choose to just close the comments.

Part of the reason why this is an option.

American-Armenian

RecessFailsOffical
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bring
Up
My

American-Armenian

RecessFailsOffical
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump

American-Armenian

Naccim
Scratcher
60 posts

I’m pretty sure this has been rejected by the ST.
the_awsome_penguinja
Scratcher
500+ posts

Naccim wrote:

no it has not

finally back on scratch

There is definitely a feature on Scratch where if you don't follow me, a penguin will come to your house and eat all your food and blow up your fridge.

THIS IS NOT A LIE

boring triple ninja
QUADRUPLE NINJAAAAAA

Quantum1993
Scratcher
500+ posts

Naccim wrote:

I think you are confusing this with the suggestion to show when Scratchers are banned.
However, voluntarily showing that a person is banned has not been rejected.

Last edited by Quantum1993 (Feb. 18, 2024 00:11:28)

If you are seeing this, you've found my old signature because my banner isn't loading for some reason. It is most likely due to your system admin blocking cubeupload, or because it simply hasn't loaded yet. Comment ‘null5’ on my profile to show you found the secret.

Manager of Quantum Games and Quantum Software
Are you an experienced Scratcher? Join the Jurassic Park: Security Shift Development Team at https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/34523787
RecessFailsOffical
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump

American-Armenian

RecessFailsOffical
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump

American-Armenian

RecessFailsOffical
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump

American-Armenian