Discuss Scratch

RogosThingsIGuess
Scratcher
100 posts

how can i make scratch improve?

so i used to complain about the scratch moderation but i stopped since i realized they were a non profit company with not many mods essay: https://en.scratch-wiki.info/wiki/User:Jvvg/Essays/Maybe_the_Scratch_Team_isn%27t_so_bad.

i want scratch to improve on moderation on the website more often and interacting with other scratcher much often (sometimes)
Zydrolic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Probably just try helping the ST mitigate CG/ToU/etc breaking stuff.

If you have something to suggest to them that has something to do with say, moderation/etc, then that goes to Contact-Us, though mostly everything can go there, especially if there's just too much to report. funny how i say this when I sent a txt file that led to multiple users following inappropriate usernames, one's following list totaling over 1.3k+ of them

https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/youtube/H597t74XPtM/

guy who fails “how to exist” tutorials

"Everything will be okay"
jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Here are a few things you can do:
- Help out other users on the forums by answering their questions in Questions about Scratch, Help with Scripts, etc.
- Make high quality projects to show what Scratch can do and encourage others to use it
- Interact positively with the community
- Make constructive suggestions in the suggestions forum and offer constructive feedback on ones you already see
- Report anything bad you see or anything on the forums that needs moderator action

Professional web developer and lead engineer on the Scratch Wiki
Maybe the Scratch Team isn't so badWhy the April Fools' Day forum didn't work last year
-Valtren-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

You could also convince a parent or trusted adult to donate or make a suggestion on how to improve scratch in the suggestions subforum.

Famous quotes:

Za-Chary wrote:

Steve Carell as Scratch Cat yo what the heck bro src

-Rodri wrote:

106809nes wrote:

This is the second-best suggestion I've seen.
Why is it the second-best suggestion I've seen? Well, view this topic to find out!
what in the capitalism, you really had to sneak in an ad lol src

The_Game_ wrote:

From my careful predictions that I have been calculating for 3 whole years, spent thousands of dollars on and have stayed up at night doing; it'll have 1 billion projects. src

wolvesstar97 wrote:

TAGS MUST GO!
THERE IS A SOLUTION: Narwhals! src

WallydogChoppychop wrote:

Scratch cat looked like a mouse src

Za-Chary wrote:

among_us1w2 wrote:

no like in darkrp if you have been warn for failbase class 1 you get warning but if you do failbase class 3 you get warning but next time you break rules you get 5 min jail
This is the greatest slang of All Time. src

More quotes here.
RogosThingsIGuess
Scratcher
100 posts

-Valtren- wrote:

You could also convince a parent or trusted adult to donate or make a suggestion on how to improve scratch in the suggestions subforum.
wait i can donate few hundred dollars since i will be participate roblox hazem's pls donate giveaway on diszy (off-topic) or not since i want to buy a laptop or robux

Last edited by RogosThingsIGuess (Jan. 17, 2024 15:33:50)

RogosThingsIGuess
Scratcher
100 posts

i won with 10 other people but im not going to donate since im not like a donater btw i chose the robux which is 5000 and they didnt offer real money

Last edited by RogosThingsIGuess (Jan. 17, 2024 15:44:13)

RogosThingsIGuess
Scratcher
100 posts

but i can suggest an idea. what if i watch the website, i know people cant trust me because i used to complain about the mods but i can take it.
scratchusername40
Scratcher
1000+ posts

In general, just answer people's questions and be helpful, report bad things you see, and be kind. But if you want something specific, helping out on the forums is an underrated way you can help Scratch.

cheddargirl
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

RogosThingsIGuess wrote:

but i can suggest an idea. what if i watch the website, i know people cant trust me because i used to complain about the mods but i can take it.
Technically, everyone who uses the website is expected to watch the website to some degree. That’s how online moderation systems work in general - users are supposed to hit the report button instead of responding or feeding the trolls. There’s only so much a moderator’s beatwalk will cover. It’s why the ST has a tendency to raise their eyebrows when people complain of content they find that breaks the Community Guidelines, it’s the equivalent of blaming firefighters for not putting out a fire when no one has called the fire department and everyone has dumped fuel on a burning building thinking fuel acts like water. You’d be surprised at how many times the ST stumbles across an attack comment chain something like 50+ dogpiled comments in, which is beyond the threshold of what is needed to get a comment hidden and a moderator alerted. And that 50+ has ramifications, as it means that 50+ more delays getting to other tickets.

The best way for users to improve the moderation on any website is by understanding and supporting the online space you’ve joined, and by not making it harder than it should be for the moderators to do their job. In the case of Scratch, the website was aimed at kids and beginners with the intent of making it easier for them to get into programming. So the least anyone could do to improve the moderation on here is to be kid-friendly and constructive when posting, and to hit the report button hard and fast when something needs a moderator attention.

Sadly, my forum signature was eaten by an evil kumquat.
-Expo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cheddargirl wrote:

RogosThingsIGuess wrote:

blah blah blah

TLDR:

Users must watch the website and report any rule-breaking content. Moderators can only cover so much ground. Scratch is for kids and beginners, so be constructive and kid-friendly. Report violations promptly to help moderators do their job efficiently.

Scroll down / desplazarse hacia abajo | El español está abajo :D | Gib internet

Hello, I'm @-Expo! I'm a veteran Scratcher and member of the Scratch translation team who has been on Scratch ever since I was four (a long time ago!) In real life, I am a proffesional footballer for the Asociación de Fútbol Argentino and Brighton. I'm a huge Huge FC Barcelona Fan and loyal subject to Rosario Central. I use scratch for coding, making friends, and helping people out. I hope you enjoy my projects!

-ExpoEspanol

Why are you here?