Discuss Scratch

-IcyTea-
Scratcher
9 posts

Snowfall 2: The Endless Winter Instructions

Instructions for Snowfall: The Endless Winter
(this article is a work in progress)

Welcome to Rinkusu Island, a once-magical island home to lynxes now cursed with an endless winter.
You are born to Cinnamon and Oak, leaders of a small tribe of lynxes seeking refuge from the harsh wilderness. Will you be able to stop the winter?

Controls

Controls:
Walking: ← & → or A & D
Sprinting: hold Z or X
Jumping: ↑ or W
Crouching: ↓ or S
Pouncing: Press space while holding ↓ or S
Attacking: Space

Pick up: E
Hold item from inventory: R
Put away item: ↓ or S
Eat: T

Starting Out

You are given random stats at birth, but all of these can be changed later in the game.

Follow your mother's instructions in order to progress in the tutorial. When she asks, talk to each of your siblings. You will then be allowed to leave the den.

To sleep, hold down on the 1 button. You get more rest if you are sleeping in your nest (which can be found in the den that correlates with your rank) between 18:00 (6pm) and 6:00. Click on your nest to lay down in it.

Shops

There are merchant dens left of the central meeting area where you can buy food, apparel, and cosmetics using coins.

Apprenticeship

Your apprentice ceremony will take place on Day 10 at 10:00. Once your ceremony is over, talk to your mentor (outside of the nursery) to begin your training.

Hunting

To hunt, go to an area outside of camp. When prey spawns, hold S/down arrow to crouch, and when you're as close as possible to the prey (without touching it) press space to pounce. Then, press space when the marker is in the green bar.

Fighting

Spam the space bar

Eating/Using Items

Press “R” to hold an item from your inventory or to switch between held items. Press “E” to eat/use the item. You can also give items to marriageable characters to increase reputation with them. Each character has items they like or dislike. Try and find items that the characters love to get.

Graduating

After you've completed your lessons with your mentor, they will send you off to practice. Keep hunting, training with Rock, and donating herbs to Ginger (click on the shelves in her den.)

Mates and Kits

Current eligible mates:
• Robin (♀)
• Willow (♀)
• Dusk (♂)
• Ridge (♂)

If you are interested in becoming closer with a marriageable lynx, make sure to talk to them and give them gifts daily. You can give gifts by holding an item and clicking on the lynx. (You can give two gifts per day, and you can talk to them once a day.)

Once you are an apprentice and have at least a two star relationship with a lynx, you can ask them to be your boyfriend or girlfriend by giving them a bouquet (can be bought at Java's shop)

Once you have graduated, you can marry a lynx (if you have a {something?? star relationship with them I forget} by giving them a diamond (can be bought at Java's shop)

If you're interested in kits, keep going to sleep in your nest until your mate asks you if you would like kits. If you say yes, you will have kits after a period of time.

Becoming the Leader

(you can't yet oops)

Quests

You can currently give Ginger (the healer) herbs by clicking on the shelves behind her. You will earn coins for every herb you give.

More quests are coming soon!

The Moonlit Island + Shop

On the far right of the map, you can sail to Moonlight Island in order to buy crystals and change your gender or revive yourself.

Last edited by -IcyTea- (Feb. 23, 2024 20:10:14)

Buttons by Fluffmoth
Rosabella453
Scratcher
1 post

but how do you chance your look bc it said you can change your look to what you want but idk how?!
lynx08
Scratcher
13 posts

Rosabella453 wrote:

but how do you chance your look bc it said you can change your look to what you want but idk how?!
Go to the merchant dens then apparel than talk to Kestrel and pay her 60 coins

Hi, it's me, Lynx! I make silly games and art on Scratch.
snowyalphawolf
Scratcher
1 post

how do you graduate? and when?
-IcyTea-
Scratcher
9 posts

snowyalphawolf wrote:

how do you graduate? and when?
Go through the apprentice lessons with your mentor. After you've learned how to hunt/fight/collect herbs, you're sent off to practice on your own. You need a certain number of skill points minimum in hunting, fighting, and healing (the amount depends on what class you chose). You also have to go on at least 5 patrols. After you've met all the requirements, talk to your mentor again and the ceremony should be the following day.

Last edited by -IcyTea- (Jan. 9, 2024 23:35:01)

Buttons by Fluffmoth
wings_of_fire2OII
Scratcher
3 posts

How do you get your kits with Willow?

Last edited by wings_of_fire2OII (Jan. 29, 2024 12:15:59)

-IcyTea-
Scratcher
9 posts

wings_of_fire2OII wrote:

How do you get your kits with Willow?
When you're mates and your relationship level is high enough, keep going to sleep in your nest and she'll eventually ask you for kits
(Also nice DuckTales pfp)

Last edited by -IcyTea- (Jan. 29, 2024 17:50:47)

Buttons by Fluffmoth
KittyGamer76
Scratcher
1 post

How do you get crystals?
usefun2
Scratcher
100+ posts

Wow amazing!

Main: @usefun
BlueCat6284
Scratcher
2 posts

You go to the Moonlight Island and go into the cave, then go left. Click on Bloom, and give her 250 coins to get the crystal.
NuggetSloth
Scratcher
1 post

Smibbers
Scratcher
1 post

1) is it possible to get salmon?
2) what do you do with fox pelts/ meat etc.?
-IcyTea-
Scratcher
9 posts

Smibbers wrote:

1) is it possible to get salmon?
2) what do you do with fox pelts/ meat etc.?
1) You can get salmon and other fish by hunting in the river. Just make sure you know how to swim, and wait by the river until prey spawns
2) You can sell them for coins, give them as gifts, eat the meat, or wear the pelts as accessories

Buttons by Fluffmoth
CatLover_________
Scratcher
1 post

I can't get my Healing score to go up and I clicked on the shelves
-IcyTea-
Scratcher
9 posts

CatLover_________ wrote:

I can't get my Healing score to go up and I clicked on the shelves