Discuss Scratch

• Discussion Forums
  • » Suggestions
  • » Announce a statement about how the filterbot detects bad words inside of messages to increase understanding of why users were muted [RSS Feed]
Gamer_Logan819
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Announce a statement about how the filterbot detects bad words inside of messages to increase understanding of why users were muted

Za-Chary wrote:

Are you sure that's how it works? After all, “pass” is not filtered. Neither is “skyscraper”.
There are exceptions. As Xzillox said.

The forum boogeymen are out to get you

ajskateboarder
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Announce a statement about how the filterbot detects bad words inside of messages to increase understanding of why users were muted

Gamer_Logan819 wrote:

Za-Chary wrote:

Are you sure that's how it works? After all, “pass” is not filtered. Neither is “skyscraper”.
Hopefully a current or former ST moderator can back us up on that statement. I partially doubt it uses a whitelist since that would be an incredibly long one
Xzillox
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ajskateboarder wrote:

Gamer_Logan819 wrote:

Za-Chary wrote:

Hopefully a current or former ST moderator can back us up on that statement. I partially doubt it uses a whitelist since that would be an incredibly long one
How else would they prevent good words from being filtered? There are not one but two filtered words (I will not say them) in “skyscraper” yet you can still say it, meaning there's got to be something in the filter code telling the filterbot that it's ok to say “skyscraper,” whether it's a whitelist or not.

14 | Professionally soading since 1998™ | Can't view/post images | Useful forum posts | internetometer | weird notebok | 100th post | tax evasion clicker | RIP | 500th post | forum post hall of fame (#2) | 1000TH POST!! | Evolution of the Electric Guitar (essay)

get games off the trending music category!

a cool thing I found: if you type “(c​)” it will show up as ©

I decided to stop using the support convention

give me song suggestions on my profile (I mostly listen to rock and metal)

when tuned to [drop c v] :: hat events
repeat until <drenched in sweat? :: sensing>
blast some epic [system of a down v] riffs :: motion
end

iiii];​)
Gamer_Logan819
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump

Gamer_Logan819
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump

Gamer_Logan819
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Unsure as to why this was bumped and now the message is deleted, but ig this gets bumped again

Just-Ideas
Scratcher
100+ posts

SANDVICHISGOOD
Scratcher
100+ posts

Dude I knew the moderation for comments was bots.

I said something that had NO BAD WORDS IN IT, and I got banned for being offensive. It was ridiculous.

Thank you for explaining.

POV: average causal scratch forumer about to be obliterated(a forum lurker caught them accidentally making a dupe)
|use shift + down arrow|
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⠀⠀⠀⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣀⣤⣤⣴⣤⣶⢶⡶⣶⢶⡶⣶⢶⣷⣾⣷⣼⣇⡀⠙⣦⣄⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡤⠀⣈⣵⣾⡿⠿⠿⠿⠛⡡⠌⡄⢢⠐⡄⢂⠔⡀⢆⠨⢄⡉⡉⠛⠻⣷⣦⣇⠛⣦⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣰⢂⣴⡿⠟⢋⠡⠐⡂⠔⠢⡑⢄⠃⡌⢄⠃⢌⠂⡜⠐⡌⠒⡄⠢⢑⡈⠡⢄⣉⠿⢿⣮⡹⣦⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⡠⠟⣴⣿⠋⡡⢘⠄⡃⡑⢈⠆⠱⢐⡈⠒⢌⠢⢉⠢⡑⢌⠡⢂⠱⢈⡑⢢⠈⡅⢂⠤⠙⢦⡛⣷⣮⠙⣦⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⡰⢁⣾⡟⠠⡘⠤⢁⠎⡐⢈⠢⠘⡄⢃⠤⢉⠰⡈⢆⠱⡀⢎⠰⠁⠎⡰⢀⠃⡘⢠⠃⡄⢣⢈⠙⢮⠹⣿⡌⠷⣄⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⣰⢇⣿⠏⠤⡑⠄⠣⠌⠒⡈⠤⠑⣈⠐⠢⢌⠢⠑⡰⢈⠢⡐⠌⢂⠍⡰⠐⢨⣴⣥⣆⣌⡠⠡⠌⢂⡌⢣⡙⣿⡖⢿⡆⠀⠀
⠀⣰⣯⣿⠏⡰⠡⠌⡌⢁⢊⠡⣘⣤⣷⣦⡌⠁⢆⠢⡑⠄⢣⠐⡡⢊⠔⡨⢐⡁⠊⠝⠻⠿⠿⣿⣷⣎⠰⡐⠠⠙⡜⣿⡆⠹⡄⠀
⣴⣏⣽⡟⡐⠣⢑⡈⠰⢈⣎⣷⣿⠿⠛⡙⢠⢉⠢⢑⡈⠜⡠⠑⡄⢣⠈⡔⠡⢌⠱⣈⠁⠆⠒⡠⠛⢇⠠⣁⠣⢁⠢⢹⣿⡀⠹⡀
⣿⣳⣿⠡⠌⡑⠢⣈⢁⠚⣿⠿⣁⠢⢁⠆⢡⠂⢅⠢⠌⡰⢀⠣⠘⡄⠱⡀⢃⠆⠢⠄⡩⠘⢠⠁⡌⠤⠑⣀⠃⠆⡡⠂⢿⣧⠀⠃
⣟⣿⡏⠰⣈⠔⠡⢂⠂⡌⡐⠰⢀⢂⠃⡘⢄⢊⡐⢢⠘⢠⠡⠌⡁⢆⠱⢈⠢⠌⡑⠰⡠⠵⣂⣞⣲⣬⣵⣀⣩⠐⡄⠱⢈⣿⣆⠀
⣿⣿⢀⠃⠤⣘⠰⡦⢵⣒⣰⣡⣎⣤⣜⣀⠆⢂⠌⡄⢩⠐⡌⠰⡁⢌⠰⢁⢂⣲⢞⣫⣷⣿⠿⠿⠿⠿⠟⠛⠿⣿⣷⣧⣆⣼⣿⠀
⣼⣇⢂⣉⣶⣿⣿⣿⡿⠿⠻⠛⠛⠛⠻⠿⣿⣷⣮⣄⡡⢒⠨⣁⠒⠨⣐⣼⣫⣿⡿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⣀⣀⢀⡀⠀⠀⠈⠙⠻⣿⣿⠀
⣿⡇⣦⣿⡟⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣀⣀⣀⠀⠀⠈⠙⠻⣿⣦⣑⠢⢈⡱⣥⣾⠿⠋⠀⠀⣠⣴⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣦⣄⠘⠀⢻⣿⠀
⣿⣯⣿⠏⠀⠀⢀⣴⣶⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣦⡝⣣⣿⡟⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⠀⣹⣟⠀
⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣟⣿⣷⠀⠀⠀⠸⣿⣇⣿⡟⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠀⣿⣿⠁
⣿⢿⣿⣇⠀⠸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⡿⣿⡅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⠿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠿⠛⣀⣼⣿⣟⠇
⣿⣾⢿⣿⣆⠀⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠟⠁⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⢃⢿⣿⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⠛⠙⠋⠉⠁⣀⣴⣿⢟⣻⣿⠏⣠
⠈⢻⣌⢿⣿⣦⡀⠀⠉⠛⠛⠿⠛⠛⠉⠁⠀⠀⢀⣠⣶⡿⠿⢃⠉⡤⠙⠿⢿⣷⣶⣤⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⡾⠿⣟⠹⣆⣻⣿⣟⣼⠇
⠀⠀⢻⡌⢿⣿⣿⣶⣤⣤⣀⡀⣀⢀⣀⣀⣤⣶⣿⠟⢋⠄⡱⢈⠒⠤⣉⠐⢂⠤⢉⠛⡙⢋⠛⣍⢲⡰⣉⠳⣌⢻⣼⣿⢡⡾⠁⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠙⢷⡙⢿⣿⣙⡻⠿⠿⢿⡛⢿⠛⢋⠍⡠⠌⡰⢈⠔⠨⡐⠡⢠⠉⢢⠘⠄⠣⢈⠂⡹⢌⡖⣡⢍⣷⣾⣿⠟⣱⠟⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⡼⣟⢿⣿⣧⣙⠦⡙⣆⠏⡄⢊⠔⡈⠔⡁⢊⠔⠡⡑⢢⠘⠤⣈⢆⣑⣢⣥⣔⡌⣾⣵⣿⢟⣫⣷⠾⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠷⣜⣻⣿⣷⣭⣆⠣⠄⢃⣤⣥⣎⣴⣥⣮⣶⣵⣾⣾⣿⠿⡿⣿⢻⣿⣿⠿⣿⣯⡿⠛⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⠿⣭⡛⣿⢿⣶⣬⣿⣟⣛⣻⣉⣋⣭⣩⣥⣦⣶⣶⢿⣻⡿⢋⣾⠻⠋⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⣉⣷⢿⣭⢛⡛⣻⠛⡟⢻⡛⢻⣯⣽⣓⢒⣩⣙⣉⣟⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
  • Discussion Forums
  • » Suggestions
  • » Announce a statement about how the filterbot detects bad words inside of messages to increase understanding of why users were muted [RSS Feed]