Discuss Scratch

Ultracode2023
Scratcher
37 posts

Option to change scratch blocks

so i have a suggestion:
can scratch add an option to turn 3.0 blocks back into 2.0 blocks?

it would be really cool to have blocks like this again:
when green flag clicked
ask [can you please add this scratch???] and wait
also here are some silly blocks for you
when green flag clicked
set pen drawing to [costume3 v]::pen
thingy{
spin [this sprite v] ::motion}::control
then
forever if <[this feature v] [added v]?::operators>then{
say [HOORAY!] }::control
THE END OF LE SCRIPT:: control cap
pavcato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Still rejected.
2.3 Set the editor to look like older versions of Scratch
Some users prefer the look and feel of the Scratch 1.4 and 2.0 editors, and have suggested an option to make the editor look like Scratch 1.4 or 2.0, but still run off of HTML5 like Scratch 3.0 does. However, this would be more complicated for educational and documentation purposes. It could be confusing if someone is trying to learn Scratch from someone who is using a completely different layout of the editor than them.

In addition, the Scratch Team changed the design for a reason: to make it easier, more intuitive, and friendlier for newcomers to use. If you dislike the Scratch 3.0 editor, you can still download the Scratch 1.4 or Scratch 2.0 offline editors.

TP2222
Scratcher
100+ posts

pavcato wrote:

Still rejected.

Some users prefer the look and feel of the Scratch 1.4 and 2.0 editors, and have suggested an option to make the editor look like Scratch 1.4 or 2.0, but still run off of HTML5 like Scratch 3.0 does. However, this would be more complicated for educational and documentation purposes. It could be confusing if someone is trying to learn Scratch from someone who is using a completely different layout of the editor than them.

In addition, the Scratch Team changed the design for a reason: to make it easier, more intuitive, and friendlier for newcomers to use. If you dislike the Scratch 3.0 editor, you can still download the Scratch 1.4 or Scratch 2.0 offline editors.
define Old scratch(Old)
set [Ver v] to (Old)
So?!

Last edited by TP2222 (Nov. 20, 2023 07:14:18)

CODE,CATS,NO SCHOOL!!!
when I receive [Cat! v]
play drum (D) for (join [0.] (L) )beats
wait until <(who) = [Me!]>
add [Me!] to [Fun! v]
Generation VII (7): the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.

BringUpYourPost
Scratcher
500+ posts

TP2222 wrote:

pavcato wrote:

Still rejected.

define Old scratch(Old)
set [Ver v] to (Old)
So?!
it was rejected the scratch team won't add it
TP2222
Scratcher
100+ posts

BringUpYourPost wrote:

TP2222 wrote:

pavcato wrote:

Still rejected.

define Old scratch(Old)
set [Ver v] to (Old)
So?!
it was rejected the scratch team won't add it
Okayyyyy
define mad
say [MAD!!!D:]

CODE,CATS,NO SCHOOL!!!
when I receive [Cat! v]
play drum (D) for (join [0.] (L) )beats
wait until <(who) = [Me!]>
add [Me!] to [Fun! v]
Generation VII (7): the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.

Vaibhs11
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Reporting to be closed.