During the purple update, these icons were added:

My question is: why?

when you think about it there would be no forums in an ideal world
pasta_enjoyer7
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Why were these icons added?

I never noticed those…
It's probably just to add a “fun” effect to Scratch or to make it more clear as to what the icons are.

Happy holidays! My favorite book series are Percy Jackson, The Unwanteds, and Keeper of the Lost Cities! I've read all of the books.
k7e
Scratcher
1000+ posts

pasta_enjoyer7 wrote:

I never noticed those…
It's probably just to add a “fun” effect to Scratch or to make it more clear as to what the icons are.
I mean, the pencil implies that you're actually editing something, which with the “edit” tab, you're not, you're just restoring a sprite or turning on Turbo Mode.

when you think about it there would be no forums in an ideal world
han614698
Scratcher
1000+ posts

k7e wrote:

(#3)

pasta_enjoyer7 wrote:

I never noticed those…
I mean, the pencil implies that you're actually editing something, which with the “edit” tab, you're not, you're just restoring a sprite or turning on Turbo Mode.
Right, but it still just adds a little bit of fun to the editor. there have been studies that show that people enjoy things more with little icons or logos

~~~~

<Scratch Wikian | Forum Helper>

ajskateboarder
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Icons tend to make it easier to identify actions

This is my signature, it shows below every post I make. I did not insert it here on purpose
check out my network analysis of the Scratch community