During the purple update, these icons were added:

My question is: why?

@mythoslore was so much more obvious than @spookily
pasta_enjoyer7
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Why were these icons added?

I never noticed those…
It's probably just to add a “fun” effect to Scratch or to make it more clear as to what the icons are.

Happy almost-mid 2024! My favorite book series are Percy Jackson, The Unwanteds, and Keeper of the Lost Cities! I've read all of the books.

Here's a Scratch Partners studio you can join if you're new OR if you want to help out someone new!
k7e
Scratcher
1000+ posts

pasta_enjoyer7 wrote:

I never noticed those…
It's probably just to add a “fun” effect to Scratch or to make it more clear as to what the icons are.
I mean, the pencil implies that you're actually editing something, which with the “edit” tab, you're not, you're just restoring a sprite or turning on Turbo Mode.

@mythoslore was so much more obvious than @spookily
han614698
Scratcher
1000+ posts

k7e wrote:

(#3)

pasta_enjoyer7 wrote:

I never noticed those…
I mean, the pencil implies that you're actually editing something, which with the “edit” tab, you're not, you're just restoring a sprite or turning on Turbo Mode.
Right, but it still just adds a little bit of fun to the editor. there have been studies that show that people enjoy things more with little icons or logos

<Scratch Wikian | Forum Helper | 6300+ Posts>

Credit to -gge for the icons in my signature | I condensed all this code into five lines using [p] tags, idk why

ajskateboarder
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Icons tend to make it easier to identify actions